Second tier resist etc..

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
I know Physical defence is a second tier resist just like AoM, EM..but what about Croc ring and AF?

Lets say a bm do 500 dmg -SC resists(25%) so 375 then -PD4(19%) =303 dmg.

Tell me how Armor Factor is calculated in?

Yes i play bd on tristan atm(is pd5 worth the points?)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Joor said:
I know Physical defence is a second tier resist just like AoM, EM..but what about Croc ring and AF?

Lets say a bm do 500 dmg -SC resists(25%) so 375 then -PD4(19%) =303 dmg.

Tell me how Armor Factor is calculated in?

Yes i play bd on tristan atm(is pd5 worth the points?)

priceless name on bd joor, made me laugh thinking of old times :]

Brite

Banned
pd4 is good, pd5 is better if you can afford to get it with your RA setup then go for it, dont know exactly when croc ring is caluclated seems to be deinfatly secondary as it takes off about 3/4% in the end but definatly worth it and with DR i couldnt leave it out of a template. Isnt reported in the hits of anything (500(-50)) just how much power it gives you back will tell you the damage its taken off but definatly takes damage off i tested it.

quite a few variations of templates here for DR, not yet decided

http://www.freewebs.com/briteuk/

i personally like this one

http://www.freewebs.com/briteuk/brite_c3.html

but i dont know where the hell those legging are from :p think they are ml5 boss or somthing

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
pd4 is good, pd5 is better if you can afford to get it with your RA setup then go for it, dont know exactly when croc ring is caluclated seems to be deinfatly secondary as it takes off about 3/4% in the end but definatly worth it and with DR i couldnt leave it out of a template. Isnt reported in the hits of anything (500(-50)) just how much power it gives you back will tell you the damage its taken off but definatly takes damage off i tested it.

quite a few variations of templates here for DR, not yet decided

http://www.freewebs.com/briteuk/

i personally like this one

http://www.freewebs.com/briteuk/brite_c3.html

but i dont know where the hell those legging are from :p think they are ml5 boss or somthing

as brite said, pd3 or pd4 is nice, but i doubt a bd can afford more then pd3 unless rr11 if he want twf3 and baod3 (need rr7 just for that), then rr9 for pd4

Brite

Banned
DavidH said:
Only 17% powerpool is a bit low, isn't it?

power pool isnt the main issue, get along fine with tartaros, sash, mcl necky + barrels

staying alive on the other hand is ;)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Messed about with pd5 a bit cos of stealthzergs, basically gives you about 50% melee resists with capped scing, prolly a couple % more on high racial resists.

Brite

Banned
Maeloch said:
Messed about with pd5 a bit cos of stealthzergs, basically gives you about 50% melee resists with capped scing, prolly a couple % more on high racial resists.

with 3% slash racial seemed to be exact 50% im not sure if there some weird cap on it or what, hoho nevermind, celt have 3% slash also so probabaly the same results of 50% slash for you, is nice yes ^^ but pd4 is all i can afford with current spec

Cozak

Part of the furniture
MaditioN said:
priceless name on bd joor, made me laugh thinking of old times :]

Its priceless but also 100% true, always making another bath tub of coffe :p

Joor get twf before you get pd5 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Brite said:
with 3% slash racial seemed to be exact 50% im not sure if there some weird cap on it or what, hoho nevermind, celt have 3% slash also so probabaly the same results of 50% slash for you, is nice yes ^^ but pd4 is all i can afford with current spec
My bad. Think it's 48% normally and hits 50% for the racial melee resists, it's within a couple of % of 50 for whatever anyhow.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
CTR is definately 'secondary' as it converts 5% of (what would be) the final damage, guess you could call it tertiary as it would also come after AOM etc. Not sure on AF but I've always assumed it was calculated even before resists, though if its multiplicative it doesn't matter anyway.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
power pool isnt the main issue, get along fine with tartaros, sash, mcl necky + barrels

staying alive on the other hand is ;)

however if you stay alive a long time no power will turn into a problem soon! :D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
to me it seemed that melee resists got a hard cap at 50%

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
to me it seemed that melee resists got a hard cap at 50%

Not for people with 'real armour' and Physical Defense. When I had PD on my Ranger I had peeps fight me with Malice/Battler and afterwards whining about the resists like 80 (-95) and such xD

Also on Vampiir u can, with Dementia-spec, reach more then 50% resists.

With casters its harder because ur neutral to everything, but still, dunno :O

Brite

Banned
Joor said:
hmm ok, btw im using this temp http://joorshare.dk/Templates/bdtemp.txt
Yes spirit is low..but there is no good air theurg on server..and if I see one lock him with insta LT:)

im 38/38 spec btw

ma train can switch and use legendaries and mow you down with ease with those low matter/spirit, so many resists that are below 20% myself i dont rate PHN

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Brite all tanks we meet so far use artis or champ weapons..but yeah I know about the problem. Did u know its possible to use shield when u CL5..craft one with matter/spirit 11% maybe.
I will redo temp at some point(when I get zahur/Leviathan ring)

Brite

Banned
Joor said:
Brite all tanks we meet so far use artis or champ weapons..but yeah I know about the problem. Did u know its possible to use shield when u CL5..craft one with matter/spirit 11% maybe.
I will redo temp at some point(when I get zahur/Leviathan ring)

yer maybe, people use almost exclusivly matter because they know thats what mids dont include so 11% matter on hammer/shield would do the job but still is a hassle to switch and if stunned which is the main time your gonna die, ill think about it anyway

how do you think a 50AF, capped resists template with croc ring would do in reducing damage done to you wise? but i would really want to have +25 dex and 10% casting speed mind, but then dropping the ability to do damage in a way which is always nice when soloing aswell

suppose i always aim my templates at having the damage and casting bonuses with as much survivability as possible

have lots of different items in vault already considering what template i might go for with DR, ah well decide soon enough, though i still like mine ^^

plus, dont go split spec after rr6 or so, sucks ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom