Second Life

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I think saw something about it a while ago, apparently some woman actually made an income from selling clothes on there or something IIRC.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
I installed in about a week ago and spend an entire evening trying to get into it... it's quite amazing some of the things are really really advanced. But at the end of the night I didn't really feel it was something that was going to hold my interest. It's basicly a big sandbox... you can play out a ... well a life really... but there is no overall game element to it.

And frankly ... it freaked me out a bit as well... my first life is just fine I'm not sure I want to have a second one.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Dukat said:
I think saw something about it a while ago, apparently some woman actually made an income from selling clothes on there or something IIRC.

A woman in Germany makes $175,000 (real life money in her pocket) a year from real estate deals !!!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Lamp said:
A woman in Germany makes $175,000 (real life money in her pocket) a year from real estate deals !!!

...!

*hands in his notice and installs Second Life*

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yeah, I know the game you mean... check the BBC... its a topic that ALWAYS comes up on there. I've seen a few BBC News programmes highlighting this game and its social circle.

Not tried it myself, seen plenty of screens (didn't one guy buy an Island for like $200k or something?)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Apparently its very easy to make real life money. You make an object and you can sell it to other players, all you need is a PayPal account.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Dreamor said:
Ah yeah, I know the game you mean... check the BBC... its a topic that ALWAYS comes up on there. I've seen a few BBC News programmes highlighting this game and its social circle.
I get the feeling sometimes that the BBC's gaming correspondent guy is just using his job as a platform to push his own favourite games - WoW and Second Life are about the only things ever featured. Anyone else noticed this?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
I get the feeling sometimes that the BBC's gaming correspondent guy is just using his job as a platform to push his own favourite games - WoW and Second Life are about the only things ever featured. Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, I mean everytime they mention an MMO its always WoW... and if its a game that is earning people money in real life (after chinese power gamers) its Second Life. Check the guys blog, I bet Second Life is linked and mentioned in all his PodCasts.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I just installed it and have spent a few minutes flying around in a superman outfit humming the superman theme :D :D

It looks fun but also a bit hard to get into atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom