Second accounts

A

Arumar

Why is having a second account considered an evil act, about on par with hacking into the central server and editing your character to be 50??
I want another account, not to make buff bots and power level people, but so i can have more than 4 damn characters per server!
And it seems i can't even register a second account using my existing copy of the game, even though i'd only use one at a time, no, i still need another damn cd key!
thank you mythic, and goa, and whoever else is responsible for this cock-up

A

Alrindel

Eh? If you want to have multiple accounts, you have to buy 1 game license per account. That's simply a business/marketing decision - they could have made the game a free download, for example. But I wouldn't call it a "cock-up", and it's not as if they are trying to "prevent" you from doing it because it's an "evil act" - in fact I'm sure they'd be delighted if you bought two or more CDs.

M

Murcalumis

I believe the hatred is towards 'buff-bot' type characters, and spy accounts.

Buff bots give you an advantage on the battlefield, and spies to obviously do something that is under-hand and sneaky. However, I'm sure no-one would hate you for getting another account for more characters per server.

O

old.tRoG

he's whining about having to buy a new copy of the game to register a new account :)

A

Arumar

yes, i'm whining if you like about having to buy another copy, cause i already shelled out £20, and don't want to again just cause the player limit wasn't set high enough, ie the mentioned cock-up.
I'd also like to know why there's so much hostility to people who sell/give away accounts, i can't understand why this is condemned, when there's still the same amount of accounts as cds sold, and still the same amount of accounts being paid for.
I'm not exactly very rich, not poor, but if i don't have to spend another £20 i won't. i guess it's just another case of the people who abuse the system screwing it up for those that are honest gamers :/

R

robillard

There is hostility to people who buy accounts because it allows gimps who cant level a character to 50 through there own ability, to have access to a character that can potentially affect the entire realm

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

If you just want 4 more slots, wait until SI is out. *shrugs*

M

Mikal

Go to ebay, if you are just looking for another cd-key, it shouldn't be too hard getting a cheap and used cd there. And US cd-keys should work on europe servers aswell (but don't hang me up on that though)

F

Flimgoblin

US cd-keys won't wrk on the EU servers - you need an EU copy of the game to register here...

you need a box to register.... per account...

otherwise I could buy one copy for 20 quid and then everyone I know could register for free... not very good business sense..

basically you pay a 14 quid registration fee + 6 quid per month... for each account - I take it you'll start complaining about having to pay twice for two accounts next ;)

They're apparently increasing the number of character slots to 8 - whether this will be part of SI or in with the normal patches is unknown.

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Uhm, you don't have to own 2 different copies of the game tho...
Although I did get me a new copy when I was creating my 2nd account (*cough**cough*), I'm pretty sure I used the same key as when I registered my 1st account... The fact I corrected some bugs I found in some files in the install directory prior to this could be related as well tho... ;)

F

Flimgoblin

When you register you put in your CD key - if someone has already registered that key - no account...

That happened to me with my first account
(thankyou EB for selling me a game someone already registered :clap: )

You can use any CD-Key when you're running the game ... but you need a unique one for registering.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by sickofit...
If you just want 4 more slots, wait until SI is out. *shrugs*

or get a harem

---

below the belt I know, am in a strange mood :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Theres no cock up, the game aint free, so everone (all account holders) must pay for each copy.

As for buff bots etc, seems you have a problem getting grps to exp with, thats a social issue and nout to do with the game! 99% of peeps dont use one, so why you expect to get a free second account is beyond me! Just get grouping and a good guild eh!

J

j000 d000d

What the hell is wrong with 4 char slots?

I only have 1 used, i don't need others.

And it's good they limited it to this, otherwise you could create 7 chars and put one in every keep :p

C

Cadire

I'm sure 7 level 10s would scare the hell out of invaders :)

F

Flimgoblin

I see Teador is a very focused person :)

If I only had 4 slots I'd have no space for my cleric,paladin or scout...

(not sure what to put in the last one :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom