Second accounts

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Since 1.71 went live, i've heard a number of people unable to log in 2 accounts on a single pc.....just wondering if anyonelse is having this problem or isn't even. Would love to know if it's just bad luck with people still downloading patch etc.

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
I have 2 comps but cant login my 2nd account

Been trying over 1 hour now. Do as I and rightnow it.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Heheyougotboned said:
Been trying over 1 hour now. Do as I and rightnow it.

Doesnt a warning pop up saying this an unsupported operation when you try and run a 2nd account on the same PC ;) The staff at rightnow may not look into your problem. Id guess its more likely just the heavy load on the login server atm that is causing your problems

S

Stormeyes

Having 2 accounts on 1 PC is unsupported so they wont do anything to fix it if you do have problems.

Two accounts seem to run OK for me not noticed any probs.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I couldnt log in my bb on my 2# Computer, the first 30 min... But then it got in ...

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
laggs even if i have 1000 ram and 2000 mhz and 8mbits :( when i die the BB usully goes LD... so it only for PvE i use the 2 :account

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
what i read about running two accounts on lower spec machines might work for higher spec as well.

What you do is load up both accounts then load up task manager and set both game.dll priorty to low both accounts will run fine and zone fine ive had no problems.

Btw recomend a search on all past posts its listed there ;)

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
heavy duty pc and running two accounts fine.

combi of videocard and memory might be unable to run 2

1gb memory and 128mb videocard here and no trouble (at work dont know name of videocard from memory)

videocard somethin with Nvidia voodoo4 and agp8x orso

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
i never get any lag with 2 accs and even when i have my bb sticked on me , on keep/tower raids ( with very big zergs all around ) , so it all depends on your computer really.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
This is an old post now :D Was only going wrong for the night and that was due to the patch I think.

Although that said, I got a new mobo 2 days ago and I seem to struggle more now then I did with my old one because of windows XP. Why o why did they stop support for win 98 :(

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Is windows 2000 more efficient at running 2x DAoC?

My 2nd account LDs every 10 minutes or so, even with the /clientsleep command in game, currently have windows xp with all up to date drivers and so forth.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I have no problems at all (2.8 P4, 1GM RAM)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Since 1.71 went live, i've heard a number of people unable to log in 2 accounts on a single pc.....just wondering if anyonelse is having this problem or isn't even. Would love to know if it's just bad luck with people still downloading patch etc.

Well with the incept of NF, GOA / Mythic stated single PC's / 2 accounts wasn't supported any more. so i guess its back to the usuall problems of a little lag here and there due to open transit.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Formash said:
Well with the incept of NF, GOA / Mythic stated single PC's / 2 accounts wasn't supported any more. so i guess its back to the usuall problems of a little lag here and there due to open transit.

it's never been supported, always a "use at your own risk" feature.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
2Gig ram, AMD Athlon XP 2800, Radeon 9800 pro and still have problems with 2 accounts :(

Can bb but it goes ld if i dont click into the window now and again

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
I followed this tip.

Valkybabe said:
Right click my computer and goto "Properties", click the "Advanced tab". Click "Settings" under performance.
Advanced tab again and change the Processor Scheduling to "Background Services" and hit apply you will now keep stick on both accounts whilst running 2 acc's on same PC.
When not doing this just change it back to Programs.

This really changed the problems with 1 char laggin out. I only have 512 memory aswell. I must however keep one window minimized for the other window not to be "bumpy".

I kept the minimized window char stuck in attack mode to cleric on other computer, and can go this way for hours.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
1.5 gigs of ram,amd sempron 2400 working on 2100 mhz and geforce fx 5200 working on 5400 speed and no LD's unless I see a zerg(alb) which really slows my pc down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom