Season 5 maps

E

ECA

Well after the dust debate, I thought we should comment on which maps we'd like to see in season 5.
With 9 maps required we need to try and find the best maps to play.

I also dont think we should rule out maps that used to be on the official maplist, but have been removed, as some superb maps have been cut and other frankly piss poor efforts have been left in.

I also think the emphasis on de_ maps need to change.
as_ maps and mighty fun and maybe putting one in to see how it goes?

for the as map it would probably have to be tundra, as oilrig might be too fast paced and is a bit loner based with the spawns.
highrise would be great, but its not on the official maplist - which you all seem to like so much.

Off the official maplist worthy maps imho are

inferno
aztec
assault
militia
italy
siege
dust
dust2
nuke
prodigy
train
cbble
office
estate

ex-official maps I think are worthy are
f_option
mansion ( hahahahahhahahhaha )

i'm still a bit hungover from last night, so feel free to add comments/additions to the list and discuss what i've said

E

ECA

damnit - i missed out chateau - which imho is indeed a gr8 map.

I

Ivan.

I think cs_ maps are a bad idea personally, far too one sided. as_ maps, I'm not too sure about, could be ok, but the maps for that game type generally aren't very good. And foption, I loved that map, but I think it had 4 bombsites? Which doesn't make it very good for competitive play tbh.

E

ECA

foption only had 2 bombsites, the main core and the CT spawn.
the map was highly intertwined however and thus not easy to learn like dust
as to cs_ maps being one sided I really disagree.
I agree some maps are like assault etc, but not on all.

I

Ivan.

i know foption had at least 3 sites. the one at ct spawn with the holographic globe, the core one, with the platform thing around the middle, and another one in a room that had that glass ceiling or something. got a feeling there was another too.

P

[pp]Ripper

office, militia, assault, siege, estate, italy...................

shhh go away

All of those maps would lead to a very boring game.
On office, assault, siege and italy T's would just camp the same places each round = boring.

Militia they could vary it a bit, but it'd still be the same.

As for estate, go away
:)

E

ECA

ok there were 3 on foption - deffo not 4 tho :p

R

RogueOne

Yes, there were 3 on foption. One in the rocket-room, one in the CT spawn and one in the generator room. Fun map, but we're not going to use "old" official maps in the league.

Oh, and assault, siege and militia are possibly the worst maps in the game. I'd rather play 747 and that's saying something :p

I

Ivan.

don't bring 747 into it...that's just silly :p. i've been enjoying playing assault recently actually, gives me a chance to practice playing slower, and militia is a good map imo, a good mix of styles of play in it, something for everyone. if only it was a de_ map...

R

RogueOne

Militia can be won by any Terrorist team with an ounce of clue and a vague semblance of skill with the AWP. Assault is no different. These maps occasionally "work" on publics because neither team uses tactics, but in a match, they're disasterous.

Users who are viewing this thread