Season 2 spam solutions

S

S3-FluKe

There has been a bit of talk surrounding dealing with all the spam in JK2, mostly DFA and lightning.
Im sure the admins would rather use server CVARs rather than mods so I've just started this thread off for everyones opinon on these things.

So far there is the freindly fire poll which most people dont want from current results. (No is just winning)

The idea being that this would stop people spamming lightning and contantly using DFAs if there are the chances of doing harm to your own team, or killing them.

I agree with this to a point but I also reckon it would slow things down too much by making eveyone think about what they are doing, JK2 isn't CS its a fast paced action game.

I've also suggested taking the g_saberdamagescale cvar back down to normal damage rather than X2 which it is currently set at for season 1, the reasoning behind this is simple, variety, DFA is too powerful as it is (ravens fault though) I was messing about with adminmod configs last week and found that DFA can normally do a maximum of 180 hp, thats a one hit kill most times, bump up the saber damage scale and your doubling that maximum and then most red stance hits are 1/2 hit kills too.
I know this is causing problems and tipping the balance in favour of red stance users cause I've been using red stance a lot in the BWJK2L and scoring high accordingly.

This thread is really asking you 2 things,
1. Do you recognise there is a problem?
Most people probably do and those who dont are probably just enjoying the ownage too much without the boredom Im starting to get from it.
2. What do you think can be done, in particular your views on what I've mentioned.

R

RSO:Gray

i think the servers will just run Frendly fire END of it :p

any cvars would just tip the blance again
both sides can use any tactics they want but seson 2 should get better @B)

F

FragFodder

heheh

Nice one Xeno

I agree that the damage scale can make the red stance lethal, however we thought about this and disabled G_TraceSaberFirst. This means that the game plays alot like v1.02 in which you're only on guard if you aren't swinging.
With TSF on, when you start to swing the game creates an arc around you that represents the the Saber's path and if this arc intercepts another players arc then both swings are canceled out by a block of deflection. So without TSF enabled, that leaves a window for a skilled played using blue or yellow stance to get in and take a rather nasty chunk.

The reason for the implementation of SaberDamageScale was originally designed as an anti-weapons approach, but we left it in as you know to make the games more lethal.

I'll be honest... I believe that the Saber should be leathal. It is in all the Starwars films so why not here? I know and understand people's points saying this is a game and not the Starwars Saga but lets be "purist" here..... The LightSaber "IS a more elegant weapon for a more civilised time".

I grew up on Starwars.... I drove my parents mad just watching the films over and over. They knew the scripts better than the actors by the time I was 8, and I have my own unnegotiable views on the lethality of the Saber. However I hope people realise by the fact that I've called a Friendy Fire vote and will call a damages scale vote, that I'm more than willing to listen to the input of the people who matter most to any league..... THE PLAYERS

This is a league by Gamers For Gamers, at the end of the day, we hope we're doing the best by the majority

Please giz a chance here m8, u know I respect and value your opinion MOST OF ALL in the fact that I wanted to impelment v1.03a+ before v1.04 was realeased coz I see and understand the need for fairness within a game. If it was upto me, I'd disable Kick damage (if anyone knows the command ;) ) to make the game fair, that way kickers cant win a match, but they can open up a fight..... you know this idea from v1.03a+ :)

Any sugestions other than force FF would be more that welcome from anyone :)

FragFodder

S

S3-FluKe

Yeah, I know you do, adminmod lets you change all the saber damage values (+kick and throw) and I've did mess around a bit with that with some results I like but I'd never put that forward for the league because it just isn't fair really, normal commands are better for access reasons.

1.03a+ was different because it was Raven code and in the end it turned out to include the changes Raven made in the 1.04 patch.
Also I think 1.03 was a version that needed that kind of intervention at that level because the BS one hit kills were easier to script with pull at the time and really ruining a lot of games with blatant cheating.

Spamming isn't going to cause that kind of cheating, it just becomes a little boring.

And yeah Im not critising anything you and Zey decided to do, everyone agreed with you about saberdamagescale cause we thought it'd be faster, Im just saying that its amplifying the problems that Raven still haven't fixed.

All you can do is put it to vote really, I just think a forum thread gives people a chance to discuss it more and mabye come up with some other command.

Oh and I didn't mean anything by that last one, I just dont have a clue what Gray said ;)

F

FragFodder

hehe np m8

Let tha public SPAM some ideas :D

FF

Z

Zey

What Public? :)

Personally FF should be on to stop mindless swinging and make the game more skillful.

No JK2 is not q3 where you go manic, it should at least take some skill.

As for saber damage, by making saber damage x2, it doens't improve red, it imrpoves every stance.... just think how many hits it takes right now with blue and yellow, and double it? it will still make the red stance out balance.

Again i've offered to make a server side mod, but no one wants to play an mod? don't know why as it's f*cked already.

Anyway, if you want a saber mod, give me a shout, i'll make one and get your opinions on it.

As for the collision in mid air thing, i like it personally. e.g. someone swinging from left to right will only collide if the other person is doin the opposite, it isn't random, it's how physics would usually work :p

Nuff said from me.

S

S3-FluKe

As for saber damage, by making saber damage x2, it doens't improve red, it imrpoves every stance....

Well actually because the imbalance is already there it also multiplies the already big gap between the stance strengths :/
So it does kinda make red even worse.

Z

Zey

well u think about it, every player only has a 100 HP....... so the red currently kills in 1 or 2...... wiht x2 dmg red still kills in 1 or 2 where the yellow goes from 4 or 5, to 3 or 4, adn blue from 5 or 6 to 4 or 5..

But again, i'm happy to make a server side MOD as long as Gray Learns how to spell "LEAGUE" :)

Users who are viewing this thread