Scruples

D

dakeyras

If you discovered that a common drop item, which you would normally /salvage or even shift-D, sells at an NPC merchant for the nice sum of 218g 70s, you would assume the item was bugged.

If you then found out that the item gets fixed to normal sell rates in a future patch, and you had a shitload of them in your pack, what would you do?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

You would send me a pm telling me what the itam was so I could pharm the crap out of the mob that drops said itam which would allow me to feed my hungry crafters. :)

Pretty please? :)

P

Pin

Well, I wouldn't post here that's for sure.

1) the mob will be camped out by more people
2) GOA WILL patch the mob before 1.60 to stop it being farmed.

Anyway, MP chain costs quite a bit so I know what I would do ;)

edit: and yes I know what and where the mob is, and no I'm not telling :p

F

Flimgoblin

well you could hide in a wall in emain and have godmode... but why bother playing...

you can farm for two hours and become the richest person in albion - but why bother?

if you had a button that made you level 50 you'd be hard pressed not to use it... but where would the fun be? the accomplishment?

bugs that do things like that are bugs... and they do spoil the game...

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
well you could hide in a wall in emain and have godmode... but why bother playing...

you can farm for two hours and become the richest person in albion - but why bother?

if you had a button that made you level 50 you'd be hard pressed not to use it... but where would the fun be? the accomplishment?

bugs that do things like that are bugs... and they do spoil the game...

Yeah, I know. I was only teasing.

I know which mob it is (I've known for a week). I have killed him a few times, but not camped it and not got the drops. As you say, there's not much point playing the game like that.

Anyway, I hope GOA pull their finger out and patch to 1.60 soon. I'd much rather have bugs fixed and general dungeon and ROG drop rates and values increased.

P

Pin

Actually I'm surprised that GOA haven't fixed it already (well, maybe surprised isn't the right word to use when describing GOA) as they already patched to fix similarly bugged items and mobs.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Just looking through the patch notes to see if I could glean a hint as to the location of these mobs (I really need the money to craft, cleaned out 3 45+ chars already:/) when I came across this little gem...

Tradeskill Merchant Notes

In keeping with our policy of not having tradeskill merchants in range of the tradeskill tools, we have moved many tools so it will not be possible to stand in one area, purchase materials, and craft without moving. The towns that have had tools moved are listed below, as well as what tools were moved.

Albion:
Cornwall station: The forge has been moved to a more appropriate location.

What can I say except...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARDS!!!

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Just looking through the patch notes to see if I could glean a hint as to the location of these mobs

rofl me2 and i found:

- Scureol's Belt, from the Ogre's Might Quest, previously had Piety 5 and Constitution 5.
Because this belt is given to both Friars and Infiltrators, the 5 Constitution has been changed to Dexterity 5.

heh mythic are such noobies in the way they write :D

P

Pin

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Just looking through the patch notes to see if I could glean a hint as to the location of these mobs (I really need the money to craft, cleaned out 3 45+ chars already:/) when I came across this little gem...

What can I say except...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARDS!!!

Why are you still crafting in Cornwall? No SI?

D

dakeyras

I RightNow'd it over a week ago when I first discovered the bug...no reply and I still have the items...

Very tempting :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by dakeyras
I RightNow'd it over a week ago when I first discovered the bug...no reply and I still have the items...

Very tempting :)

really?

I got a reply already. respone time = 9 mins. I almost had a heart-attack.

---------------------------------------------

Hello,

We are aware of this porblem but the correction is only in the patch.
Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

(I replied to the effect that they really should get a read file with a fix)

Oh, and I don't know how serious it would really be described as. It's from 1 named mob, with maybe a 10 minute average repop (?) I didn't get a drop from him in about 5 or 6 kills. So even if I was unlucky then and you could actually get one every half hour. Is 500g an hour worth camping for? You can get cash faster than that in normal DF hunts.

A

Apathy

Yes, do exactly what Flim would do - report it to RightNow.

"Dear GOA,

Firstly, let me just say how much I ADORE your game and that I play it as much as I can. I think you guys (And girls!) are doing a GREAT job and I totally appreciate it all.

I have found an item...~blah blah blah~.

I hope you fix this as soon as possible. Of course, I am sure you will because you are just great! I am really glad I had this opportunity to get in touch with you. It makes me feel like a really big man and as if I am part of the GOA team! Hehe...I love you guys. I hope this doesn't seem too ass-licking or hole-kissing!

Best of all my love,

Flimgoblin

PS - If you could mention that I reported this in a news item on the homepage, that would be extra great of you! Thanks!"

Verbatim.

a.

C

Cronn

Tell me what it is.

I only have 400g across 8 characters. :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by Cronn
Tell me what it is.

I only have 400g across 8 characters. :(

Sorry, I'm down below 50plat as well.... and err... buffbot needs a new pair of shoes!

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Pin
Oh, and I don't know how serious it would really be described as. It's from 1 named mob, with maybe a 10 minute average repop (?) I didn't get a drop from him in about 5 or 6 kills. So even if I was unlucky then and you could actually get one every half hour. Is 500g an hour worth camping for? You can get cash faster than that in normal DF hunts.

yes, correct. now give us a name

:m00:

D

dakeyras

Sometimes I have had an insta repop...sometimes 10-15 mins.

I think my record is 6 of these items in an hour = 1.3 plat

C

Cronn

I'm noticing a real lack of the name of the mob in this thread.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Cronn
I'm noticing a real lack of the name of the mob in this thread.

well, it's in the patch notes :m00:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

It soooo isn't!!

Gimme a hint. C'mon, ya know you want to. :)

O

old.Ramas

Well it took me aproximately 30 seconds to find it in the patch notes, so you can't be looking too hard Sissyfoo.

Shame I don't have a fricking clue where it spawns.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Really? Hmm, I'll try looking in the English translation of the patch notes than. Curse my eyes! >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom