Scrolling in members list etc. in Chronicles

O

old.casiraghi

Very nice design with those chains, but it's almost impossible to scroll down. and then get it to stop on one page or is it just me that's to dumb to figure that out ? :p

Edit: forget it, was me who was dumb, just drag the box on the chain and it works :)

M

Melodic

you're not dumb, it's the design that is dumb...

O

old.Dorac

Thank you Melodic.

Am I the only one who think they should've made the whole euro-daoc site a bit lighter instead? Like the Camelot Herald, that's real pleasure to browse. Our chronicles I just find bloated..

Sure the whole layout and all the gfx is beatiful, but not really browser friendly (especially NOT with a modem.. thank good I don't have to use 56k full time :p).

Oh well, at least we got it now! I'm actually happy don't get me wrong! :clap:

EDIT: Maybe I should read the longer thread first... :rolleyes: I need sleep..

P

- Pathfinder -

Just give us the XML so we can build a "FUNCTIONAL" site. With Alliance RP, top RP holders per server/realm/class etc.

O

old.Katie

LOL, Casiraghi We all know your dumb, Heheheh only j/k m8

N

NetNifty

i think its only supposed to show the top 10 or so ranked people in the guild.

D

Danya

Originally posted by NetNifty
i think its only supposed to show the top 10 or so ranked people in the guild.

No, it shows the whole guild.

O

old.Katie

At the side of the members list is a little white marker, Hold down left button and pull down. It will show a full list of members and there RP, the list is in guild rank order.

O

old.Aralik

The site rocks, not every website cant be 100% campatible with every browser in the world unless its pure text :p

S

Slinker

You dont have to click on the chain, just roll your mouse over and pull down without clicking , page automatically scrolls :)

P

- Pathfinder -

That's the thing, most people would prefer easy to navigate text over fancy flash :)

O

old.Alliandre

It is common knowledge to web designers that if you make a website to big people with 56k modems get pissed off. You'd think they would have thought about those poor sods :p

O

old.mattshanes

I think its a lovely site and well done to goa so stop moaning and appreciate the work they are now doing along with 1.49:clap:

C

Cerverloc

It may lack some functionality but it sure does look very sweet. Nice artwork.

O

old.tRoG

once you figure out how to move around the new site it's quite good.

and it isnt to bad with my ol' 56k, only takes about 10 secs for each chronicles page to load :)

O

Ottar

> Just give us the XML so we can build a "FUNCTIONAL" site.

Yes. Please.

Ottar

F

Flimgoblin

have some patience ;) they've said they'll have the XML up and running soon...

(sometime this week)

Then you can make your Times New Roman, Blue underlined links, nice and functional site (which everyone will probably use over the camelot-europe for convenience rather than prettyness... but hey, it's cool :))

Thinking about it, that camelot-europe is probably also an advert for the game... if the 'high score' table looks pretty you're more likely to buy it :)
(and hence give us more people to group with... more people playing ... hopefully enough to support a third english server... see where I'm getting at guys?)

Personally I think it rocks ;) and by the time the XML is out, two days (hours?) later someone will have written a nice lynx-friendly version.

B

Breni

Yep, it deodorises my Linux box quite nicely :)

Anyone here use Opera as their web browser in Windows? I'm having a pain in the ass with the site, so I'm having to use my most hated piece of browswer software...IE :(

F

Flimgoblin

Opera rox your sox..

The site should be ok in Opera - if you can get flash installed.

One thing opera doesn't do is clipping... which is naughty! as it's in the W3C spec...

tsk tsk :)

C

[Cerebus]

What do people hate about IE?

It displays most pages no problem and it has 'back' and 'forward' buttons as well!

It's just a web browser, it ain't the devil......is it?

F

Flimgoblin

It was the tool that microsoft used to conquer the world...

but other than that it's ok... it lacks a lot of the nice features that things like Opera have ... it's also got evil non-W3C javascript things too... (bit like NS4) which annoy me :)

Opera's faster, can kill of popups etc. :)

F

Flimgoblin

Didn't like mozilla... but that's coz it was in perma-beta when I tried to use it ;)

couldn't find a nice happy stable version that was actually stable. :p
not tried it recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom