Screenshots

G

Garaen

Hello all,

Recently ive taken a fair few "good" screenshots which i would like to share with everyone. I would like to know what programs people recommend to me so that i can re-size and edit the screenshot with.

I would also like to know how i would go about uploading a screenshot to the internet so others can view it.

And last but not least i would like to know the best program that i can create a "banner" with. For example taking a few screen shots of my characters, then merging them onto one small banner, and adding text etc. I would prefer a program that i can download from the internet (and if possible is free) :)

Ive just pulled this from www.drunkenfriar.com as an example of what i want to do.

http://pub125.ezboard.com/fthedrunkenfriarfrm2.showMessage?topicID=3.topic

Scroll to the bottom of the thread to see the kind of thing i would like to create.

Thankyou for your time :)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Best program imho is Adobe Photoshop its excellent for that kind.

G

Garaen

Cheers Gombur :)

lol, i just went to download.com and Typed in Adobe photoshop, heres what came up

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 pop pick
Create original artwork, correct color, and retouch and composite scanned images with this all-powerful image editing program.
File Size: 162MB
License: Free to try, $609 to buy

$609 to buy! That is a crazy amount of money, ill wait a bit before i start downloading though, see what programs others recommend.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Paint shop pro should also be able to do the trick.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I am sure Gombear spent 600 whoppin $$$ for his copy.
*cough, cough*

:D

If you just want to resize, view etc. ladida - get SlowView.
Love it - and it's free.

For all your uploading purposes - try Graffiti.net. Free and they'll let you hotlink your pics.

Oh - Paintshop Pro rocks if you want to make banners and Funneh Picatars(tm).

G

Garaen

Thanks for the imput you two, ill start downloading Paint shop pro then :)

Can anyone suggest a website where i can upload pictures and banners etc ? I was thinking along the lines of geocities, but i am not sure if that is the most effective one.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

For all your uploading purposes - try Graffiti.net. Free and they'll let you hotlink your pics.

G

Garaen

lol, i just finished downloading Adobe Photoshop and at a first look it looks very complex, there are so many buttons!

Ive just pulled out a screenie and started playing with it, so far i havnt been able to do anything constructive. People who make those banners must have some real tallent! :)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

nah it aint really that hard to use, you just need to familiarlize youself with the tool and learn to use layers :)

O

old.tRoG

*cough* Paint Shop Pro *cough*

MUCH cheaper than any old adobe photoshop *scoffs*

G

Garaen

Ive been playing about with it and i havnt improved all that much, i think ill look for a tutorial or somthing along those lines :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

When I started playing around with Paintshop, I just searched for Paintshop tutorials on Google - tons and tons of good information.

Photoshop - Paintshop... why buy a Mercedes if a Golf does the job?;)

O

old.tRoG

Why buy a Rolls Royce when a Skoda does the job?

Why buy a Cod when a Haddock tastes just as good?

Why buy David Beckham when Henrik Larson is so very obviously better?

*forms the David Beckham haters anonymous club*

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Methinks twoGGie had some paint chips for supper again. :D

O

old.tRoG

i wish i did... :rolleyes:

not that the missus is bad at cooking, of course.

she just tried to be 'inventive' with din-dins today :p

(Bloody Ready Steady Cook...)

K

klavrynd

complete.jpg

and believe me , i suck at gfx

photoshop = pwn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom