35 stealth
18 thrust

Spec 2:
42 longbow
18 shield
35 stealth
50 thrust

Didn't like spec 1. Was so crap in melee it was a joke..but had slam

I still like spec 2 except against full fighter classes and assassins. Their high WS seems to nerf evade to get DF off.

Ok....I've tried both extremes has anyone tried:

40 longbow
42 shield
35 stealth
35 thrust

???
I've been told the difference between 50 LB and 40, besides RF-II is on crits, 1020 V 1076 cap (I didn't really notice a big drop in general dmg from 50-42)
This gives over 2/3 in the thrust skill to get over dmg variance and you have slam.

And please no replys about how great amy-slash is, gimped scouts are, etc, etc

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Ok. I've tried both specs. Full sniper and High melee...specs were:

Spec 1 (original):
50 longbow
42 shield
35 stealth
18 thrust

Spec 2:
42 longbow
18 shield
35 stealth
50 thrust

Didn't like spec 1. Was so crap in melee it was a joke..but had slam

I still like spec 2 except against full fighter classes and assassins. Their high WS seems to nerf evade to get DF off.

Ok....I've tried both extremes has anyone tried:

40 longbow
42 shield
35 stealth
35 thrust

???
I've been told the difference between 50 LB and 40, besides RF-II is on crits, 1020 V 1076 cap (I didn't really notice a big drop in general dmg from 50-42)
This gives over 2/3 in the thrust skill to get over dmg variance and you have slam.

And please no replys about how great amy-slash is, gimped scouts are, etc, etc

you would not notice a big drop in dmg, but i think over time you would miss RF-II. Imo as a scout 2 things are a must, 45 in bow and 42 shield. I would tune up thrust on the expense of stealth.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Nope, had spec 2 for about 4 months (struggled with spec 1 for about 8 months), never noticed the endurance diff with RF-II compared to 1.

Please don't give me the you must have blah, as I said, I noticed little difference in dmg dropping from 50 to 42LB so there's 1 common spec misconception.

I'm after some1 who's tried the spec I proposed.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I had the spec you asked about, but I had slash.
Dropped it for thrust and noticed slams where landing a lot more.
Pretty sure Pin can explain that one, but seems it checks your own WS with the enemy WS, to calculate things like blocking and landing slam.
Against assasins you will allways have a hard time, even if you use TS, etc to find them.
Also, feel lucky if you find 1 assasin, the noobs normally are in groups of 2 or more.
As a scout, the only class I would find myself fighting with where assasins, the rest I could avoid.
The ideal spec for moi was 45 longbow, 42 shield, 34 stealth, 29 thrust.
Got me to rr7 and into retirement. Too many annoying lame ass clueless noob SB's out there who insist on being 3-8 in a group.
Regards, Glottis

Xplo

Banned
Quit my scout too, to many PL'd retards in alb and mid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom