Scouts: Melee?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'm just so fed up at the moment getting so bored of playing only charactor I love due to others saying I can't do this or that, I'll start with my wine now. :(

After so long I've managed to put up with being called a gimp and other such titles which are only fit for some totaly nublet like personalities that bless the world and so on, for my love of specing in my melee line higher then usual.

After a short discussion within guild chat which was only discussing a template I've been working on which lead to those ever so common, "scouts can't melee, don't even bother" statements being made, just so frustrating as they won't even look at what a class is capable if its different from the norm, its like talking to a brick wall as they just won't listen, have they truely tested it or just jumping on the bandwagon cause someone back years ago or tried it un prepaired with their equipment and said it sucked?

I know theres some Scouts out there on EU as well as US and they do pretty well, better then I have.

Thinking of getting a stone just to going 50 Bow and sitting in a tower from now on, seems thats what people expect of me. :'(

And to finish off with a question, what must I and the other melee scouts do to prove otherwise? Kill fg's and live to tell the tale?

Disclaimer: Its hot, I'm tired from work and I've not had much sleep last few days, so please excuse my anger leading to this post. :(

Brite

Banned
cba to read but:

0mg m8s0rZ if you want melee you roll an armsmen but if y00 want teh steeeelth you be teh melee infil type things

how dare you think for yourself and do somthing thats not fotm

50 bow 42 shield, spec fuck all in melee and then complain your melee sux0rZ and wajn when you have stupidly OP range

so in conclusion lets all camp towers 24/7 and zerg and leech like a fucker :puke:

pwned sai ;) :wij:

Thief

Fledgling Freddie
I think the short discussion on it in guild chat was only sound advice given by those who HAVE a scout also, Choose whatever spec you think you want to take! Yes, People will knock you for it, But they dont pay your subscription, So who cares what they think! But if your gonna ask peoples opinions in the guild, Expect a response that isnt always gonna be what you wanna hear!

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Melee scout spec does work well .. a RL m8i of mine is less than 1 mill from RR11 on Lancelot and has always used a high weapon skill plus good longbow think the spec is 50 longbow 39 slash 29 shield and 30 stealth.

Might seem a bit gimped to some but it works very well. :) :clap: :worthy:

The point is you spec to suit your style of play anyway .. so if you wanna put more in one skill line than another then its your choice if other people dont agree then thats up to them. It doesnt make them right or you wrong.

Have a gr8 day. ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Thief said:
I think the short discussion on it in guild chat was only sound advice given by those who HAVE a scout also, Choose whatever spec you think you want to take! Yes, People will knock you for it, But they dont pay your subscription, So who cares what they think! But if your gonna ask peoples opinions in the guild, Expect a response that isnt always gonna be what you wanna hear!
Sorry, wasn't reffering to TM, was generaly most people. :(

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
spec 45 lbow, 42 shield 29 slash rest stealth

good alrounder just makesure you cap all skills and have min mos3

Thief

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Sorry, wasn't reffering to TM, was generaly most people. :(

Let them flame you as much as they want, Its your play style and you should keep it that way because you like it that way! Unfortuantly you will get the bandwagon bunch who say you cant do this and that because they've heard it from the others! Fact is you CAN! Because its YOUR account! Take it to the next level and roll an Avalon Merc! Then see what people have to say :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
pfft

Hypocrites of the world unite.

Jammy, you know better than to start this argument.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
m8y, ignore all those nubs that don't understand shit about scouts. You're still me heroine xD

Considering scout melee, its not useless. I've beaten assassins and archers, only with melee, and i got 39 thrust. Just put some effort into it, get ip2, and pray for som proc to be up.

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's funny

a scout that specs melee is considered a gimp
an armsman that specs xbow is considered a roleplaying god

I really like jimmy, but, it's a gimp spec. but, i don't think i have a right to complain, cause he pays his fees, he plays the char, and he has fun with it.
I got called gimp for speccing my arms 50s/s, but i had fun with it

Yes, some specs are gimp. But it doesn't make the players gimped. I killed a savage in a fair 1vs1 fight with my s/s armsman, I'm sure jimmy has won 1vs1 fights too.

Imo, you should just have fun. And, maybe you lose more due to a certain spec, but every fight u win 1vs1 gives you a lot better feeling than when you just spec like all those who can only have fun owning.

we all have other ideas bout what's fun, so people should stop complaining.
But, if someone wants to pay my account, i'd be happy to play any spec he wishes

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Play what you like. :) I play Earth Wizz and believe me, its not so gimp as ppl say.
Onky have 1 thing, give other graphic on matter bolts, dont make it the same as fire. :(

Joharran

Fledgling Freddie
I so agree... - play what u like !!

But do u really expect all ppl to sweettalk u when u ask about ur template ?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
if u go thrust, use a leg weapon, have 51composite melee spec and a good toa template scout melee dmg is decent. your always gonna be handicapped dmg wise vs DW-ers tho.

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
I have 50 slash, 45 bow, 30ish stealth and 15 bow or whatever (can't really remember) but I like that spec more than 50 bow and 42 shield. If I am to shoot from a tower and kill ppl I hardly think 5 more bowskill will do any difference, and if I come in melee and use slam, they purge it too often. High melee ftw :)

gohan

FH is my second home
my spec is 39 thrust 34 stealth 42 shield an 37 bow

i can out melee aolt of DW stealthers an hunter are like free rpts still get slam and with 37 bow still hit for 400+ almost all the time 500+ v casters soooooooo melee > all people that say scouts cant melee are the same that would claim warlock ius a balenced class ^^

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Tbh i respecced from 45 bow, 42 shield, 34 stealth, 29slash, to 50 bow, 39 thrust, 30 stealth, 29 shield and considering bow, i can't notice any huge difference between 45 and 50, so i'll prolly lower bow to 45 and raise thrust to 44. Considering melee, i don't have any melee scout temp, and i do fine. If i can shoot with bow first for example a mid rr assassin, i can actually finish it now in melee.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Scout melee, backed up with the right equipment, the RR's and played by an experienced player will do very very well.

Jaem- said:
I'm just so fed up at the moment getting so bored of playing only charactor I love due to others saying I can't do this or that, I'll start with my wine now. :(

And to finish off with a question, what must I and the other melee scouts do to prove otherwise? Kill fg's and live to tell the tale?

Jaem, in your second video, about 1:30 mins into it, you get RR3 and RR4 SB's on you, the RR3 ends up dead and the RR4 runs away, about 9 minutes through that video you meet a RR10 SB, he gets to melee before you can attack him with your bow, and yet he still ends up having to put a snare poison on you just to get away with his skin(it still doesnt help him :D), that to me shows how good scout melee is.

I've always respected you and dafft for your posts on critshot, you two obviously know your stuff when it comes to scouts, if you people say that scout melee will work, then thats good enough for me. (I even respecced away from my beloved 50 bow largely due to your posts on critshot - havent looked back since :))

Ever since NF I've had a more melee oriented playstyle, I've managed to melee down classes I'd never have dreamed of beating before reading posts like yours on critshot, now, meeting a RR6 NS in melee is just another challenge, one that can be overcome.

Dont let the people who dont know get you down, Sooner or later us melee scouts will earn the recognition we're due, hell, we'll probably become FotM and have the lower RR's asking how its done :)

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
saifang <3

wru i only see u when ur grp runs me over -_-

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
if u go thrust, use a leg weapon, have 51composite melee spec and a good toa template scout melee dmg is decent. your always gonna be handicapped dmg wise vs DW-ers tho.

51 composite melee doesnt work for scouts, only dual weapon classes & Arms, due to dmg coming from 1 style ie slash/thrust/blades/swords/pierce blah blah line rather than 2.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Ziz said:
saifang <3

wru i only see u when ur grp runs me over -_-
I camp out in the basement of my guild's house only surfacing to craft armors for only the greatest of Albion mages and rogues, but when its quite on the tailoring front, I'm battling against the evil creatures that roam the fair hills of Albion.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
51 composite melee doesnt work for scouts

style dmg increases past 51, base dmg and variance doesnt. exactly as arms/merc and everyone else. 51 composite is an acceptable level of melee for a class with other important lines. is what im saying.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I camp out in the basement of my guild's house only surfacing to craft armors for only the greatest of Albion mages and rogues, but when its quite on the tailoring front, I'm battling against the evil creatures that roam the fair hills of Albion.

Soo u me and come coffe ?

i know this GREAT place over in Odins :cheers:

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
you also need good artis (which you prolly have)..

battler, som, winged helm etc :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Well I went out and RvR'd last night after ages of sitting around in guild house crafting, I had fun(which is a change) and a 1v1! (see attachment, melee <3)

After having alot of fun last night, my quest now is to make a movie purely to show scouts can kill things in melee alone!

Attachments

• sshot525.JPG
    sshot525.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 82

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Spec how you want; I'm the classic LB spec but if melee is your thing, be proud of it and get the pwnage going!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
style dmg increases past 51, base dmg and variance doesnt. exactly as arms/merc and everyone else. 51 composite is an acceptable level of melee for a class with other important lines. is what im saying.

Problem is then, IMO, that your melee-damage doesnt rise on growing RR except for RR5 where u get 16.5 dps instead of 16.2 and MoPain.

Scouts are all about ML-dumping, RA-dumping against fights with assassins, scouts can get Sojo and IP for example.

Specs like 50 bow 42 shield prolly work fine for leeching/sniping, but are totally unreliable for melee-combat, because in order to win you not only depend on your own RA-set; but also on the fact the enemy has purge down.

It depends on your playing-style alot. 50 bow is the best spec for tower-humping - for openfield no way 50 bow is gonna work; as everyone who purges your slam (loads of SB's with Purge3) eats you alive without styling.

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
50 Slash, 42 Shield, 34 Stealth, 20 LB

I've specced almost all the specs possible, this is the spec I find best vs. stealthers.

I haven't lost a 1 on 1 battle yet (not even against RR7+ SB/NS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom