20 thrust
34 stealth

But as i played him on the bgs i am considering to change it to

50 bow
35 shield
20 thrust
41 stealth

I have the feeling with 41 stealth +mos 3 u ll have the chance to see sb's ,ns'
at the same time or maybe first than they do.

What's your opinion for the second spec?

thanx in advance for the help.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Mithradir said:
Hi

at first i was thinking to spec my scout with the usuall

50 bow
42 shield
20 thrust
34 stealth

But as i played him on the bgs i am considering to change it to

50 bow
35 shield
20 thrust
41 stealth

I have the feeling with 41 stealth +mos 3 u ll have the chance to see sb's ,ns'
at the same time or maybe first than they do.

What's your opinion for the second spec?

thanx in advance for the help.

The feeling you have is wrong though. Your stealthspec does not increase stealthdetection and the specpoints you have OVER your enemy's level is wasted. Your stealthspec is compared to your enemy's level when it calculates wether you will be spotted or not.

This is the reason why most people spec somewhere between 30-35 stealth since they will get 50 modified stealth(or close to it) pretty fast by getting realmrank 5. (30-35)+11+4= 45-50 stealthspec which should be your target. Camo will also make you unaffected by MoS detection as long as camo is on.

Concerning your spec. Since you have 50 bow in both specs put forth I won't change that, it's not useless.. Speccing 35 shield while having a very low thrust spec is though. You can't support yourself in melee with that low thrust and you can't use Slam ( 9 sec stun at 42 shield ) to get away. You get shieldtrip at RR5, but you'll want an escape ability before that.

I suggest you go with that first spec if you want 50 bow because 41 stealth is just a waste of points and you don't get good melee, nor do you get slam with that shieldspec. Going 35 shield isn't very useful untill you can support yourself in melee.

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
trust me youll want the 42 shield and dont worry about sbs i got 35 base stealth + items + mos 3 i see them waay ahead when need be havent been pa'd or backstabbed in ages hell since i played my scout in NF i havent been killed by a SB / NS or any other stealther for that matter only truly times i die is when a caster gets in range

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I ll go for the first then

Thanx for the replies guys :)

PS: oh sth last does mos 4 worth or mos 3 will do fine as well?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
That's all about personal preference imo.. High mos is probably nice for people who want to stay out of melee at all times and want to open up with the bow at all times.. It's that much more expensive though, so most leave it out to get other RA's like IP and/or purge.. Or dex and other bow oriented RA's if you're going to just camp keeps..

High MoS does what it says and lots of people like it. It's all about personal preference, what kind of scout do you want to be? :p

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Il definately not going to just camp on keeps. I have already mos 3 and on leirvik i see almost all stealther first or at the same time on the worst case.So i just want to know, if someone knows ofc, if mos4 makes a lot of difference comparing with mos3. Concerning my ra's i am thinking for mos 3 or 4 (dunno yet) ,falcon eye 3 , ip2, purge2,

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I have the standard spec and i saw a blue con hunter at about 2k units away when he was stealthed. I popped 1 crit arrow into him and he died (

Dont go above MoS3 as it is a waste (atleast atm it is). I havent tested it but i know someone who has on the US servers and he said it wasnt worth it.

I would definately get IP2 if you have the points available and you dont have a DI cleric backing you up.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
my scouts 50 thrust spec :) and PD4 . is good fun roaming around gettin jumped by other assasins and i give them a good fight in melee :)

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
I went :

50 bow
44 thrust
34 stealth
and rest in Shield

I like it so far :)

I don't have slam anymore, but with the easy to get purge it gets negated most of the times anyway.
With 44 thrust I have some extra melee damage and decent styles.
With FZ, Shield Trip and Phase Shift I don't really feel the need for slam anymore ;-)

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
dont go anything less than 42 shield. trust me, everyones purge is never up. its the instant 1v1 winner. slam walk back with a doin a few swings, zephyr, fight over.

plus thers more hunters these days than tappi relic raids. shield scouts beat hunter everytime. go 45bow, the extra 5 gets u hardly any wepskill, summit like 6pts per lvl? with 30-35 stealth u can get ur magic 29 in thrust. enough to make some decent damage. i seem to b hitting a 272 hard cap at mo with 29thrust. lurverly str relics.

oh y, i tried the 44thrust thing. block rate on arrows sucked way too much, i dont mind losing to a sb, but ill b damned if im losing to a hunter, save fatty, cos hes good.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
As Lath says, its hard to fault the tried and trusted 45LB, 42Shield, 29Thrust/Slash, 34 Stealth. The extra 5 in LB really doesn't make much difference, and although Slam can be a pain to land on occasion, more often than not it will save your bacon.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
One reason i was thinking to get 50 on bow was the penetrate 3. Well anyway i think i ll go for lath's spec.

Thanx for your help guys :)

[e]

Fledgling Freddie

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Another spec that's viable IMHO is:

50 LB
42 Shield
29 Slash
29 Stealth

That gives you Amy Slash, and an effective 40 Stealth with SC. Obviously you can increase Stealth quickly with RR, but this is more of a defensive bow orientated spec. It does require auto-training LB to Lvl 48.

HTH :)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Slam is not so vital, specially as you now have Zypher and shieldtrip (both cannot be purged by the enemy). Once I get rr5 on my new scout, I will drop slam/shield so I can increase bow and slash (not that slash really matters so much, 29 slash is okish).
Shieldtrip you can purge btw from your side, so if you use the RA, then purge the disarm effect, you can shoot the mofo. Zypher cannot be purged and gives you amble time to shoot the SB to hell and back (if they even go rvr now without 20% bonus). So why relay on slam with the high usage of purge now?
Regards, Glottis

Viddi

Fledgling Freddie
Tests done as level 50, rr6 with +16 on bow and thrust against grey con mobs outside SI portal area today.

50 LB - 42 shield - 18 Thrust:
========================
bow - wep skill unbuffed: 1439
bow - dmg cap: 1083

sword - wep skill unbubbed: 806
sword - dmg cap: 237 (sting)
shield - dmg cap: 264 (slam)

45 LB - 42 Shield - 29 Thrust:
========================
bow - wep skill unbuffed: 1395
bow - dmg cap: 1064

sword - wep skill unbubbed: 872
sword - dmg cap: 255 (sting)
shield - dmg cap: 264 (slam)

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Slam is not so vital, specially as you now have Zypher and shieldtrip (both cannot be purged by the enemy). Once I get rr5 on my new scout, I will drop slam/shield so I can increase bow and slash (not that slash really matters so much, 29 slash is okish).
Shieldtrip you can purge btw from your side, so if you use the RA, then purge the disarm effect, you can shoot the mofo. Zypher cannot be purged and gives you amble time to shoot the SB to hell and back (if they even go rvr now without 20% bonus). So why relay on slam with the high usage of purge now?
Regards, Glottis

When the eggshell falls off your ass you will answer your own question.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
45 bow is a must, rf > anything since after frontloading first strike many small
but equal damage shots much much better than a few big ones. Also point about mulitple attackers and so on.

42 shield aint a much with FZ, but i do believe points here better spend than
in pure melee.

30-35 stealth modified to around 50 probaly a must since stealth allways been best defense. Also remeber chance to uncover while preparing a shot
is based on stealth.

Melee allways been less important for the basic fact scouts do less damage
than our usually melee opponents. Same damage table except hunters, but
dw cut our bonus from shield. I would recomend thrust at 18-29 since
very flexibel now with heat/cold weapons. Also atleast 1 artifact like malice or battler can be used in 2-handed slot.

Every fight i been in with enemy stealthers indicate that a scout based on
disabling enemy with FZ, slam, snares and shieldtrip is a lethal combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom