scout spec

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
yes doing a FOTM spec but want something different to cookie cutter

thinking of this as a scout spec
ne comments would be great (and not it c**p if it is plz say why)
stealth 36 + 13 MoS 2
bow 50 + 13 FE 3
sheild 29 + 13 MoB 2
trust 34 + 13 Mop 2

like i said ne help would be great :cheers:

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
hmm... i have been thinking about 45 bow, 42 shield, 29 slash and rest in stealth... got the spec from a good friend :wub:

might think 1 up with 50 bow and nerf the stealth to the ground... cause i really don't wanna loss the slam and amatyst slash :flame:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Reconsider your RA´s mate. Your (relatively) high spec in thrust and MOB etc. indicates that you´re a melee-ish Scout, at least you´re not a pure sniper/towerhumper. For a Scout who´s roaming out there, I´d consider MOS 2 not enough. I can only speak from my experience... I recently raised MOS to 4 and I absolutely love it.
Also, FE3 seems like a tad too high to start with. FE higher than 2 should be specced in higher RR´s. There are other priorities at lower RR´s. Purge (to get rid of DOT`s that are interrupting your shots while your opponent is FZ`ed and to counter boring minutes of being nearsighted during a keepdefence), IP to help you survive the melee you specced for. ;)

As for the spec:
It all breaks down to slam or not. I personally wouldn´t want to miss slam, even in times where every man and his dog has purge, it´s just too good to not use it. But I guess that´s personal taste.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
I wouldn't drop slam ever, coz scouts melee is very bad even if melee specced. Whats your playstyle ? If u tell how u like to play, its easier to do a spec.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
ML9... the ultimate end ;)

Hmm mainly use ML9 when bored, watching an opponent use all their endurance/power before you FZ is quite amusing.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Talking about specs - what do ppl think Thrust or Slash?

Saracen Scout - Current spec - with a Skill respec stone :)

45 LB
44 Thr
29 Shield
34 Stealth

I look at Slash and seems to have much more utility as a shied wearer (nice to have DW as a scout option) but with Thrust getting Str/Dex benefit will I be losing out? If I do respec Slash would Slam be a better option.

Your opinions please - just started in the world of archery so too early for me to make an informed opinion.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
If your looking at something diff from the norm towerhumping specs try...

39 Thrust/Slash
42 Shield
40 Bow
30 Stealth (32 with Autotrain)

Does everything, can kill in melee or range allowing for any playstyle from slam-critshot to run up and wack it

Anyone that says scout melee sucks is quite clueless about the class, as theres lots of evidence to proof otherwise. :p

For Thrust spec I'd recommend using LG, for Slash spec I'd say Malice for the nasty proc.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Galoma said:
hmm... i have been thinking about 45 bow, 42 shield, 29 slash and rest in stealth... got the spec from a good friend :wub:

might think 1 up with 50 bow and nerf the stealth to the ground... cause i really don't wanna loss the slam and amatyst slash :flame:

Just remembered I saw a scout vid by a US scout named Yoda, he had..

29 Slash
29 Stealth
50 Bow
42 Shield

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
cheers peeps for your help you have give me some thing ro think about :) :cheers:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i would only goto 29 in slash - u get amethyst slash - best alltime ever for slash - then look at 42 sheild - slam ftw - if u get in a pickle you can always slam and run.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Just remembered I saw a scout vid by a US scout named Yoda, he had..

29 Slash
29 Stealth
50 Bow
42 Shield

The template of Champions TBH :worthy:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Purge (to get rid of DOT`s that are interrupting your shots while your opponent is FZ`ed and to counter boring minutes of being nearsighted during a keepdefence), IP to help you survive the melee you specced for. ;)

Newbie albies.. Let me help you out a little there.. Dots does NOT interupt you! Only the first tick interupts.. (just like being hit by a normal dd)..
So funny.. ya´ll really need to get a clue :) :wub:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
Newbie albies.. Let me help you out a little there.. Dots does NOT interupt you! Only the first tick interupts.. (just like being hit by a normal dd)..
So funny.. ya´ll really need to get a clue :) :wub:

I think its only necro dot that interupts every tick, but I'm not 100% on that. :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
So funny.. ya´ll really need to get a clue

positive12.jpg

:)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Anytime mates ;) For the record, if the necro dot interupts every time, it wouldnt really matter for scouts now would it? :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
...regardless of beer and TNN and Denmark, am I correct to assume that we both agree, that purge is a pretty handy ability? :)

Anduril

Fledgling Freddie
why not go thrust instead of slash :confused:

u get a stunstyle in thrust when u block, which is all scouts really need :worthy:

and with thrust u use dex more, which is your highest stat = higher WS :clap:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
current melee spec (auto train)

50 thrust
45 longbow
33 stealth
18 shield

to make it really work you need a decent melee scout template, it gives stealthers a nasty surprise :)

:m00:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Anduril said:
why not go thrust instead of slash :confused:

u get a stunstyle in thrust when u block, which is all scouts really need :worthy:

and with thrust u use dex more, which is your highest stat = higher WS :clap:

Its really a matter of personal choice tbh, seems kinda split down the middle for people who think thrust or slash is better.

Could be argued that slash is nicer for the To hit bonus, but wheres thrust would have more ws to land styles.

Their relatively simular in dmg, just debuffs kill slash more, wheres thrust its just a tickle. :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
my scouts 50thrust 45lb 33 or 34 stealth cant remember exact and rest shield :) and i loved it when we had all relics lol

it is hard mode tho. no slam and no fz :) but fun and chalenging non the less.

p.s i aint a tower humper either.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
if u just gonna leech from towers why go anything less than 50bow? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom