Scout spec

bizs

Fledgling Freddie
Was thinking to goin 45bow 35steath 50 thrust, was wondering if anyone has this spec and whats it like. Will i be able to have better fight with other steathers or will i still get beat up if my toys aren`t up.

bizs

Fledgling Freddie
if i drop 42 shield will 50 thrust help in melee

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
if you want to mellee try
39weapon +11
42 shield
36 stealth + mos3 or more
35 longbow

at rr4 you will have effect 50 all lines, your not going to one shot caster but guessing from you 1st post you want to take on other stealthers, that gives you plenty of class utillity. however you still going to be out damaged by most melle class's tbh, but thats the life of a mellee scout. :mad:

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
i agree with the above poster

Iam atm rr4l9

Bow 35
Stelath 35
SHield 42
Thrust 40

its pritty nice tbh i use GS and with the lv 40 side style i have hit a SB for 286 dammage i jsut wishi could see tehre faces when they go OMG waht hit me awww shit it was a scout :)

But if u gona go this spec there is a few things u Must get By RR5

IP2
Purge2
PD2
MOs2
that is waht i got atm:)

with comng from 50 bow i not rly noticeing a huge drop in my bow dammage my max crit before was 1192 now its Like 900+ on a caster that is so not a huge difference but when Duoing with a sniper scout it helps to be able to fight when u get into close quarters with Peeps also and 2 assisting scouts Vs casters OMG its fun

Killswitch

FH is my second home
My spec is;

40 Thrust
35 Bow
42 Shield
35 Stealth

at RR5 with MoS3. Melee performance is pretty dire against DWers, but not so bad against 2H or S/S. Bow damage is acceptable, with Critshot cap of about 1060 or so. My RAs right now are (I think);

IP2
MoS3
PD3
AugDex2
Mastery of Pain2
LW1

I think the way to spec a "proper" melee scout is to autotrain bow to 48 and then spec something like;

50 Shield
44 Thrust (or go Highlander/Briton and spec slash for Malice)
35 Stealth
17 Bow

or swap Shield and Weapon around for slightly more WS. Hopefully Dafft will post in here, since he's prolly more clued-up on this than I am :D

bizs

Fledgling Freddie
should of said in first post im rr6 so does this change how to spec aswell?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
bizs said:
should of said in first post im rr6 so does this change how to spec aswell?

Doesn't affect shield, bow or weaponspec, but you can lower stealth to 34(+16) to get 50 effective and put the extra points in bow or whatever.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm my irl mate said something about Fewd's spec, you got 34 or 35 shield 29 stealth, rest in bow and thrust, seemd to me to be a very valid spec, but it is RR 6 spec tho..

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Sharaft said:
hmmm my irl mate said something about Fewd's spec, you got 34 or 35 shield 29 stealth, rest in bow and thrust, seemd to me to be a very valid spec, but it is RR 6 spec tho..

Personally I wouldn't want less than 50 effective stealth or to lose Slam. Just out of interest, are you sure it wasn't 34 stealth, 29 shield?

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
Personally I wouldn't want less than 50 effective stealth or to lose Slam. Just out of interest, are you sure it wasn't 34 stealth, 29 shield?

i dont know tbh :S all i know is that it got the L 29 shield style 7 sec stun on block, and 44 thrust (it just popped in my mind as me and me mate were talking about it ysterday) and something 40ish bow, might be 29 34 on block/stealth yes

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Be adventurous.......................................

For me, the specs I've had the most fun with:

30 st,40 bow,39 melee, 42 shield - great alrounder spec though it works best at high RR's

3xstealth (modified 50) 39 melee(prefer thrust) 50 bow rest shield - was good fun, good dmg output

3x stealth 50 melee, 12 bow 42 shield or 3x 47 melee 12 bow 50 shield - either are solid melee specs when you have the RR

I think nowadays with majority of people having purge up Slam stops being a lifesaver & becomes an END problem. I myself dont even have it on my qbar no more, I use brutalize more often.

a Spec I'm tempted for is - bearing in mind I can do this due to my RR - 31 stealth 39 thrust 45 bow 35 shield, it leaves me with 42 points but for those who auto'd get 119 points to play with.

But be adventurous as I said.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
37 stealth, 44 thrust, 50 shield, 13 bow (autotrained)

im very happy with it :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Dafft said:
Be adventurous.......................................

If I can get on a couple of DRs, I think I might try;

50 shield, 44 thrust, 35 stealth, 12 bow (non-autotrained, RR5)

Looks like a fun spec to me

lynetje

Fledgling Freddie
i am just a 50lb,42shield,35stealth,29slash.
but still looking every where for a good scout template for that any tips where i can find one or coppy some one's temp

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:

ahah might as well reroll and thrust armsman and hide behind bushes :twak:

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Bit of a Bump but I was thinking of

3x Stealth (Dependent of RR - in my case 30 stealth)
39 Melee
45 or 50 Bow
rest shield.

One I was looking at was 30 stealth, 39 Slash, 50 bow, 29 shield. No slam but you do get the 2nd last stun off block - 7 seconds - and decent melee to finish off your target.

Your RA's would have to compliment your spec so maybe dex3/fe3/mos4or5/trueshot2 ip2(at higher RR's) purge1 - RR10 works out as mos5; ip2; trueshot2;purge1; dex3; fe3; lw1

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried 50 thrust 45 shield the other day , bt even with 50 + 14 thrust i still cant hit assasins in melee , i get evaded like 9/10 attacks.
Havnt got a clue how people manage to kill anything with melee scouts actually :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Why thrust and not slash? higher dex for block with saracen?

/Dracus

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:

/Dracus
trust runs of dex/str scouts need high dex for LB block rates
inf pioson str/con is only 50% effective on reducing ur weapon damage

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
thergador said:
trust runs of dex/str scouts need high dex for LB block rates
inf pioson str/con is only 50% effective on reducing ur weapon damage

its weaponskill/con debuff now :) not str/con anymore..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:

/Dracus

im a briton, and my reason for going thrust isn't the weaponskill. 34% asd sidestyle, 6s stun directly off block, 3 part off evadechain is really nice :)

slam is kinda useless, beartooth is perfect to make people purge and still be able to use a second stun later in the fight. but even if they don't purge, it's still good damage and long enough to get a few hits in (unlike numb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom