35 Stealth
50 Longbow
18 Thrust
42 Sheild

or

36 Stealth
50 Longbow
50 Thrust

Ive been tinkering with the idea of changing me spec :eek2: , so which one do you think is best and why? :worthy:

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Gone for the second option myself, like the bow dmg, easy enough to get stealth up and slam can give you chance to at least survive to fight another day, if you get bounced (or get another couple of shots in to finish something off).

Djungelfrukt

Fledgling Freddie
odd Spec

Shield 50
Slash 39
Stealth 32
LongBow 27

may work ;) still need some items before i´ll try it though.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
i have tryed the 50 LB spec, and repseced to this 2 weeks ago, and realy happy with my spec

45 LB
42 Shield
35 stealth
30 thrust

Autotrained LB to 40 thought, so i have a few extra points to spend..

The DMG deference between 45-50 LB, was minimal.. maybe 20-30 dmg when hiting fo 200-300 in PvE, and you can actuly melee alittle with this spec =)

In RvR i hardly notice the DMG diference with the bow, but with my sword the Dmmg diference is huge compared to the total amount of DMG i have =) got +50 dmg or so.. with the 29 style that is =)

And you can say "i wont need to melee", but thats not true... if you run into a hunter, you will need to melee him, becouse of the pet interupting you from using the bow when you slam the hunter.. so then the backstyle from thrust is nice :) Also if you come across more than 1 oponent, or if you are duoing, and the enemys target you first.

There are loads of scenarios where you need to melee :)

I got told not to go 50 LB at first, but went for it, becouse i wanted to test it myself =)

In the end, its your choise, do what you feel like doing =) i dont regret going 50 LB, becouse now i know myself how that spec is :p

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Cheers

Thanks guys :cheers: ,

I think ill stick with me spec en and try to get some artifacts to help with melee. I agree with you Amuse, although we are a range class melee is a big part of our game, and that is were we are lacking. (Do you know anyonw who has tried the 50 longbow, 50 Thrust, 36 Stealth...cause that looks interesting :eek6: )

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont spec the shield skills away.. thats the ONLY thing we have to compensate for the rangers self bufs, dual wielding, run speed boost, and the hunters pet, charm, theyr few self buffs, and run speed boost....

and tbh. we should get some magical or special skills, since the shield is a weapon, just like the hunters high dmg spear, and the rangers dual wielding skills....

Not trying to turn this into a whine tread, just feel that we scouts are gimped compared to the other realms archers

Munkyman OFC

Fledgling Freddie
u should go 50 sheild instead of thrust imo. at least then u can stun and get bow out.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
Dont spec the shield skills away.. thats the ONLY thing we have to compensate for the rangers self bufs, dual wielding, run speed boost, and the hunters pet, charm, theyr few self buffs, and run speed boost....

and tbh. we should get some magical or special skills, since the shield is a weapon, just like the hunters high dmg spear, and the rangers dual wielding skills....

Not trying to turn this into a whine tread, just feel that we scouts are gimped compared to the other realms archers
Scouts aint bad actually, they prob one of bes chars in Thid, usually the higher the RR the better. Scouts r gr8 when they use TS and go round slamming stealthers, which other classes cant do (i think :p )

Tbh, all chars can be very good if u play them "right". Then ofc the spec weights in and imo u should try the 29 thrust 34 stealth 42 shield 45 LB, and any rest stats dump in stealth, so u get 50/50 stealth sooner or, in weapons so u raise ur WS abit or maybe gain access to a new style (34 style?!), depending what RR u r and if ur autotrained.
I think u should go with thrust mainly for the extra weaponskill, u will get evaded/etc less then a person using slash.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Scouts aint bad actually, they prob one of bes chars in Thid, usually the higher the RR the better. Scouts r gr8 when they use TS and go round slamming stealthers, which other classes cant do (i think :p )

Generally speaking, hunters whoop scout arse :( Do think at very least scouts should be given speed for gettaways, can't really see how they can give it to hunters (fair enough rangers having it as Hib is supposed to be magical realm), but not scouts.

P.S Climb would be nice too :)

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Bunnytwo said:
Generally speaking, hunters whoop scout arse :( Do think at very least scouts should be given speed for gettaways, can't really see how they can give it to hunters (fair enough rangers having it as Hib is supposed to be magical realm), but not scouts.

P.S Climb would be nice too :)

soooo true.... i have wonderd aboute this many times.. why the "bad word" dont we get the speed boost? all the other archers gets it :(

And if not speed boost, some other kind of fancy stuff.. the shield is a weapon skill, just like the DW of a ranger, and the Spear of a hunter...

Rangers get: self buffs, and speed boost, Dual Wield+weapon sped

Hunters get: a few self buffs, speed boost, charm, an insta call pet, and a weapon sped with high damage

Scouts gets: a shield+weapon spec :eek7:

Does not realy seem fair to me..

And if nothing magical, gives us something like climb walls, faster movement in stealth, or something in that direction, keeping us a none-magical class.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
I think Frontiers should see scout getting some lovi'n :clap: , bout time 2 :touch:

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
If the 'unintended' (and undocumented) blocking changes made in 1.69 aren't reversed then you may as well totally ignore shield spec or even reach for the Y-E-S buttons.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Cybwyn said:
If the 'unintended' (and undocumented) blocking changes made in 1.69 aren't reversed then you may as well totally ignore shield spec or even reach for the Y-E-S buttons.

i have heard some rumors that we block aboute 1 oute of 10 arrows :eek7:

Then the only thing aboute shield that is alittle good is slam, and.. well... slam aint worth specing 42 shield for! (when we hardly block at all)

And the frontiers brings some scout loving, but not enugh imo.. no new skills, no new abiletys.. just re-aranged the curent abiletys :(

And if my guess is right, rangers and hunters will get the same type of loving.

we need some new abiletys to compete with the hunters and rangers oute there

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
Generally speaking, hunters whoop scout arse

Very little hunters whoop my ass in a one on one... 50 shield and 34 thrust kinda pwns if you know who to spam /face on when you fight them

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Shanaia said:
Very little hunters whoop my ass in a one on one... 50 shield and 34 thrust kinda pwns if you know who to spam /face on when you fight them

Thats player skills, not how well the class is set up... Compared to the hunters and rangers, scouts are gimped in the character skills/abiletys part.

And it could also be RR (duknow what RR you are, and cba to check on duskwave atm)

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
soooo true.... i have wonderd aboute this many times.. why the "bad word" dont we get the speed boost? all the other archers gets it :(

And if not speed boost, some other kind of fancy stuff.. the shield is a weapon skill, just like the DW of a ranger, and the Spear of a hunter...

Rangers get: self buffs, and speed boost, Dual Wield+weapon sped

Hunters get: a few self buffs, speed boost, charm, an insta call pet, and a weapon sped with high damage

Scouts gets: a shield+weapon spec :eek7:

Does not realy seem fair to me..

And if nothing magical, gives us something like climb walls, faster movement in stealth, or something in that direction, keeping us a none-magical class.

scouts get further range and more damage out of there bows then both rangers and hunter.
shield is a weapon spec ,yes....but then again spear nor celtic dual have a anytime stun style ,nor are eather of them capable of blocking incoming attacks.
hunters get a charm spell witch is totaly crap in rvr becouse who whould be dumb enough to have something strolling at his tail.
Both rangers and hunters get some self buffs witch force them to reveile themselfs or they time out.
celtic dual forces rangers to dual spec two lines as just speccing CD stands for crap damage.

scouts are not wors off then hunters ,its al in how you play

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Battusai said:
scouts get further range and more damage out of there bows then both rangers and hunter.
shield is a weapon spec ,yes....but then again spear nor celtic dual have a anytime stun style ,nor are eather of them capable of blocking incoming attacks.
hunters get a charm spell witch is totaly crap in rvr becouse who whould be dumb enough to have something strolling at his tail.
Both rangers and hunters get some self buffs witch force them to reveile themselfs or they time out.
celtic dual forces rangers to dual spec two lines as just speccing CD stands for crap damage.

And celtic dual hits for a nice amount of dmg, and the charm is nice for PvE, and the insta pet is freaking annoying.. no stealther can escape a hunter, and slam+bow doesnt work on hunters either (that removes the "good" thing aboute high shield spec). And besided, most assasins evade 8/10 slams, if not more.. And to get slam, we hafto train dubble lines ( shield+melee spec), like the ranger with CD, becouse a scout withoute any melee spec is dead in most 1on1 scenarios..

And we dont get a big deal of further range, and not that much more dmg.. and hunters shoot fasters to make up for that we have bether damage, duknow aboute rangers..
And if we look away from buffbots, the ranger gets far more damage than the scout with the self buffs..

The range and damage of the scout does not make up for the self buffs, run speed boost, or the insta pet/charm abiletys.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Battusai said:

Not more damage than rangers. Same speed bows are available to both classes.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Battusai said:

Mmmmmm well if scouts are as good as hunters then how come on a 1on1 a hunter should be able to kick a scouts arse everytime, just has to release that pet and bingo you should win from the interrupts.

Or if you don't like the look of things just hit the afterburner. I try to run away and I get a little kobie shooting past me at mach 10 waving and pissing himself laughing while his pet nibbles at my ankles.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
civy said:
Not more damage than rangers. Same speed bows are available to both classes.

Actuly, i think i read somewhere that this is what each class has more than the other 2 of.

Hunters: speed
Rangers: damage
Scouts: range

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
faster bows constitute in lower damage....

you dont HAVE to dual spec to be able to use shield ,ranger do have to do this becouse damage from dual wield style's without a weapon spec is crap at best (i have a bezerker ,trust me i know these things ;)),and then still he cant block ,only evade ,what scouts can do to so in that situation they have the defencive edge.

Why does slam not work on hunters ?

Alb DOES have the slowest bows and the most damage per shot,ofc no whine post was ever made on this in the time they could oneshot and stay stealthed......

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
Battusai said:

you dont HAVE to dual spec to be able to use shield ,ranger do have to do this becouse damage from dual wield style's without a weapon spec is crap at best (i have a bezerker ,trust me i know these things ;)),and then still he cant block ,only evade ,what scouts can do to so in that situation they have the defencive edge.

Alb DOES have the slowest bows and the most damage per shot,ofc no whine post was ever made on this in the time they could oneshot and stay stealthed......

Ok here goes:-

1 - Slam and then crit shot or any shot does not work on hunters if there pet is attacking you ..... which was the point being made. Slam on its own will of course work.

2 - Rangers and Scouts both have access to the same speed bows. Rangers also get a damage add so in theory at the same bow spec a ranger should hit for slightly more damage. But in reality rangers tend to spec lower in bow.

3 - Scouts only have an advantage in bow range .. and not by very much.

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
Helsvell said:
Ok here goes:-

1 - Slam and then crit shot or any shot does not work on hunters if there pet is attacking you ..... which was the point being made. Slam on its own will of course work.

2 - Rangers and Scouts both have access to the same speed bows. Rangers also get a damage add so in theory at the same bow spec a ranger should hit for slightly more damage. But in reality rangers tend to spec lower in bow.

3 - Scouts only have an advantage in bow range .. and not by very much.

1 - And the thing holding you from slamming that pet to whould be ?

2 - yes becouse they have to dual spec ,besides have you ever seen any ranger you shot hit /face - engage and run right up to you without you doing damage to him ?,yes rangers have selfbuffs,and if he's camping HMG what kind of idiot whould he be to reveil himself and then use all them shiny spelleffects just about every ten to twinty minutes.

3 - Checked it out an on bow speed you were right both hib and alb have acces to 5.5 spd bow.

4 - While i was checking this i found out something els to,both scout and ranger autospec there respective bowspecs,ofc not all chars are pl'd but the benifit is there ,witch leaves hunters with less specpoints on endgame.
also alb and hib have races who naturaly start of with more dex/quick then any mid race.

5 - even if scouts did get the speed boost you guys cry about ,you whould not be abel to use it do to the combat timer generated by the hunter pet.
and even if you slam it to get away the hunter can still rapid fire a shot at you and easyly use his own boost to catch up with you

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Battusai said:

and you HAVE to spec in shield to be able to blok shite..

And a ranger with the self buffs can go to a location not active and buff up, and the self buffs does last a nice amount of time.

And the thing keeping you from slaming the hunters pet, is that the amount of time used to get 2 slams in, is to much, the slam wears oute on either the hunter or pet before you can fire crit-shot, and the end cost is realy high.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
You neeed
- slam hunter (and hit ofc)
- wait shields swing time zzzZZZzzz
- slam pet and hit it ofc
- wait again shields swing time zzzZZZzzz
- draw bow and hope that hunter still stunned now
Fire your bow

this works hardly i think

If you choose your bow spec just do not forget about new skills got by level

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
You neeed
- slam hunter (and hit ofc)
- wait shields swing time zzzZZZzzz
- slam pet and hit it ofc
- wait again shields swing time zzzZZZzzz
- draw bow and hope that hunter still stunned now
Fire your bow

this works hardly i think

If you choose your bow spec just do not forget about new skills got by level
Anar is usually buffed , same as most scouts, so slam is quite quick, once slams off on hunter and pet prob 2/3 rapid fires could be fired at hunter.... duno /shrug

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
slam is rather slow even if fully buffed.. so the problem is that you only get 1 or 2 arrows of with RF, and thats hardly worth the end you use to slam the pet. bether to slam the hunter and use the backstyle on on..

and then ofc there is purge.. ouer neet little trick can be romved by a simple RA.. not like i can get an RA to kill the pet with 1 hit on the keyboard, and neither can i magicaly remove the hunters/rangers speed boost..

and btw, i was not crying for speedboost, i was crying for something.. anything that gives us the same advantage that hunters has.. well, if not the same, but something that makes us as good as them.. i mean, if the same player played a scout, hunter and ranger, he would prolly preform best with the hunter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom