Scout or Infl.

Progenie

Fledgling Freddie
Lo folks.

Im returning to Alb after an absense 'cos I fancy a stealther. I have narrowed the list to Scout or Infl but can't decide which, could anyone help me sway my mind with pro and cons for each and any future insight people might have into how these class's will perform in NF.

Thanks folks.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'd pick one you'd most enjoy, ranged or close up fights :)

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
ummm... thats very hard to say caus it all depends on the individual fun.
Just can tell from my experience:
I made an Inf, rushed to RR5 and got damn bored.... so i decided to get my Scout the last 6 levels to 50 and get him to RvR.
Well i die LOTS to asassins, but man... i LOVE to play my Scout.
A lot of different stuff to do; a very diversified gameplay (if u want)... not just the odd stealth-war; u can annoy bypassing full groups and get away with it when ya fast enuff..hehe; keep-fights are fun... of c.
But as said... it so depends on personal likings...

About New Frontiers:
Inf: Vanish and Viper sound very powerful; the loss of Dodger hardly hurts
Scout:... as always we get shafted... abilty-wise; but: reports indicate that the new Frontiers will benefit archers (many keep-fights; archer-friendly terrain).
Hard to judge until we really seen it... but im lookin forward to it.

All in all id say: make a Scout.... but that of c is a biased advice ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
aye, I find my scout most enjoyable so far, even tho I'm made road kill by assasins heh. But have a SB, and its same playstyle asa infil, so Zzzz, my opinion :)

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Got all 3 rogue classes...

Like to play em all...but mincer got speed...and that > all others tbh :p
can't stand playing my other chars that run at normal speed now...takes ages getting to some spot :p

Scout is fun for keepdefence...infil...well always wanted to play one...but i like my mincer a LOT more tbh...lot more utility so less boring to play

But all depends if you like to get close combat or kill (or try at least) from distance...

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
You should really look at what kind of class you would like to play most and not at which is best or with best future perspectives..
Scout is cool with keep warfare and it's fun to annoy fg's, stealthers, just anything with your bow :)
..but as others mentioned, you'll prolly be free rps to a lot of assassins :p
Inf will have less chance to get 'wtfpwned' that much, but can be boring if you don't like to be in close-combat the whole time :D

Personally I agree with Tazzke's advice.. mincer has, imo, the most toys to play with, can chose between fg rvr and stealtherrvr, and is simply the most fun to play from all 3 Alb stealtherclasses :worthy:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Inf is boring to play. I got to rr5 in no time, even in the pre-LA nerf period (mostly due to noob rr5 sb's running around using perma sprint... oh, they joy of lining up a PA and then barely winning from an SB, cause they where "balanced"). Anyway, never could be arsed to lvl it up any further, left it at around 600k.
Scout is good fun, crap in melee, rp fodder for useless SH noob assasins who think abusing an aimbot in CS showed their "skills", not so great at killing mages cause they are never are solo, and useless against tanks that have a shield... but still a lot of fun to play.
Minstrels are fun, but only once you manage to get a decent realm level so you can do your thing.
For all these classes, a buffbot is mandatory. This because the noob assasins (mostly from Midgard) will have atleast one buffbot, some really desperate ones have 2...
Have fun, and remember, not playing DaoC is more fun!
Regards, Glottis

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Infil, he gets this ability at lvl 50.. dunno, along the lines of 'I win' aka 'Drago0nspam'

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Marczje said:
Infil, he gets this ability at lvl 50.. dunno, along the lines of 'I win' aka 'Drago0nspam'

Which is being nerfed into oblivion and reduced to a lvl 26 skill... for the cost of a lvl 50 ability...
If you roll an archer class, roll a hunter, and be overpowered and yet still whine....
Regards, Glottis

Progenie

Fledgling Freddie
Scout it is. Thanks for the input I dont need or want to be ubber, thnx to Nebel who's post helped me made my mind up.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Progenie said:
Scout it is. Thanks for the input I dont need or want to be ubber, thnx to Nebel who's post helped me made my mind up.

scout is more fun, but its a pain at the lower realm ranks. it gets much better when ur rr7+.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Jergiot said:
scout is more fun, but its a pain at the lower realm ranks. it gets much better when ur rr7+.
...Which will take a regular player.. No wait.. Regular players never reach rr7+. :p

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
great mistake 2 roll a Scout imo, u dont will get rvr groups even ín stealther groups ull be the first which bits the dust.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
great mistake 2 roll a Scout imo, u dont will get rvr groups even ín stealther groups ull be the first which bits the dust.

with NF around the corner .... the way mythic seem to be doing it is focusing on keep seiges..... so IMO scout is a good choice :) long range attacks gonna farm the rp's in all the sieges that will be happening imo :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
i have a lvl 47 scout, not got a template so im running around atm with like 5% resists (lol) and not completely capped at anything, and yet i have still got a few kills and as long as im carefull i rarely die to assasins.

having played a paladin to 50, then to rr3, i didnt really do much rvr, however, now i've finally got this scout to lvl 47 i've been rvr'ing so much its gonna take me ages to get back to lvling again(got him from RR1L5 to RR2L1 in a week or so, solo almost all the time). cant wait to get a SC/TOA template and then really have fun :)

tbh i've always wanted to have an inf, seems the better class tbh, however, having finally got me scout to a rvr level i really really enjoy playing as one, if u can get past the lvl 40 stage its pretty easy, and alot of fun.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Dont let Duky carry on, sign a petition or something, I need end in emain ffs!!!!

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I can only comment on scouts, dont play any other classes. Scouts are a very tough class to play in RvR. The reasons being:

1) You are cannon fodder to pretty much every other class if they either get first strike or interrupt you.
2) You won't get pickup groups
3) You need a buffbot to compete when solo
4) You are the weakest of the stealth war classes

However the other side of the coin, it is extremely satisfying to take down most classes in 3 arrows (assuming first arrow is a crit) without them knowing where you are :)

Another skill required of a scout is that you need to be a first class sneaky sob.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Gethin said:
However the other side of the coin, it is extremely satisfying to take down most classes in 3 arrows (assuming first arrow is a crit) without them knowing where you are :)

And people not facing when they get an arrow on them should be shot anyway

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
make a mincer, charm a infil pet, their pop rate at atk is insta so they arent hard to get, buff him and your set to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom