Scout hatred?

H

halgaard

im not sure where it all started or if it will ever end, but the "scout hatred" is bothering me alot especially lately.
Today I have so far been looking for a group "any" group for that matter for 5 hours straight and seen every single version of peoples way of saying : "fuck off" when asking politely if they have any room in group.
4 hours straight yesterday and the day before.
I have even heard people call folks they have never meet bad words without any reason at all when they comes and ask for a group.

Every single day someone ask me why I dont just make a 2nd account and PL myself to 50 or pay some highlevel dude to pl me.

well... im one of those people who actually enjoy the levelgrind, the fight to get to the grand "50" and i like to meet new people on they way in form of groups.

so the question im asking is... why are people pointing fingers, using the F word the S word and the kittycat word when a scout or infil for that matter, ask politely if they can join your rOxxEr exp group?

D

Draylor

Same reason its been that way since day 1 - you bring nothing to a group that another class cant do better.

Sure scouts/infils arent necessarily bad in groups - but badly played ones are and theres always been a hell of alot of them around.

S

stupidshady

thing is a scout main thing is LB, but in PvE not one scout uses it.......but the suck with s/s......, and infs can do allot of dam yes, but they have to go stealthed first in pve almost never happens and they never use there dots neither.......so why would grps invt them ?? :-/

B

Bellona

i used poisons when i leveled with my infil, but only on first mob, no reason to go out of combat mode, wait 10 seconds to apply new, and then hit, cause then group have finished every other mob pulled.

D

dimerian

Lvl`d my scout ages too when no-one wanted one to group,just make your own group,best way to get group and usually works.

T

tazzke

Yep same here....

Soloed 1-40... !!!

played 3-4 levels in DF with Wittor (when he was on his pala)

44-50 -> AC..making own groups...so they only had 1 gimp...and that gimp would be the groupleader :)

Good thing about ac is....you always meet the same people when you group up...so if you do well.. (like i did when making a team with at least 1 pala/ cleric/ sorc-mincer....good base...they know you can play fast & good = they will ask invite next time you are gl)

Thing is...don't give...

i did on my 42 infil months ago (pre 8 slots etc)...and you can be sure i regret it now kinda (even if i got the same rejects from groupleaders for 3 weeks non-stop in Lyonesse at that time)...

You will get 50...it just takes time with Infil, Scout, Caba...

L

Lundarian

well mayb a good point to add is a fg is 8 ppl, usually consisting of: (in no particular order)

Pally
sorc
theu
wizzie (ice)
cleric
minstrel
2nd pally or arms

last spot may wary, some prefer an extra cleric/friar for backup heal or an extra tank.

then there really is no room for infiltrators, scouts, cabbies etc.

so to start new grps might be the best option

altho I have heard grp's will expand to 10 members in a later patch, is this true?¨

anyways, good luck finding/making grps :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Scout do have some nice features for a group, just few people realise them.
A shield specced scout will block more than any tank I have met using guard, so pretty nice to prevent damage. When an arrow hits, they will outdamage most tanks, equal a firewiz. Problem is costs, you will easily shoot 1k arrows for some xp. Gets expensive :)
But mythic should have done some more for scouts tbh, to make them more groupfriendly. I just solo'd till 50, sometimes is faster due to no downtime.
Regards, Glottis

G

granny

Originally posted by halgaard
the kittycat word

Which word? Whiskas??

Oh and scouts & infils generally offer nothing to an XP group that other classes can't offer better. Infact, as a cleric, I always found scouts & infils to be a real problem - they do too much damage, get agro and then have neither the defences or hitpoints to survive. Total mana drain to be honest.

And the point isn't that people don't like scouts or infils personally - it's just that Mythic has designed the classes so badly that they are simply not wanted in groups. Sorry :(

L

lathonial

the main problem with the scout (rvr) is that in the old days when they could roam free. they didnt bother to try to find groups in emain and solo'd. probably because of the painful memories of trying to group pve.
when the soloing ended cos of seehidden. scouts started to look to groups. but we were seen as a solo class and history dictated that not many people had learnt to repect scouts for the damage/slam value they deal in rvr.

now, time for honesty.. in rvr and pve, a scout without a bow in his hands is naff (xcept for slam). i did 45+thrust initially and embarrassed myself with the dmg i dealt (tho tbh.. same as the 48slash minstrel i rolled).. however, a good qua bow weilded with good dex/quik buffs can deal 300+ dmg (without crits) every 1.5s. capped damage record = 1156(on a crit 3second draw).
we have better armour than infils/casters and can mostly slam with the best of em. i think in most peoples minds its the inability to think twofold, they dont see a medium dmg AND medium AF. they compare to a tank on AF.. "so bugger it , get Plate", OR compare to a caster on damage.. thus "bugger it get a wizz". but mostly its because scouts never did grp so none know our value. so we shouldnt moan. we should be patient and educate, but..

if anyone doubts my words when i say this..its fekkin hard getting grps, pve or rvr, check this... i joined a guild 3months ago. and NEVER (<-- check that, NEVER) was able to get into one of their grps. 3 months of asking.. always a..
NO..
No Room..
have to wait for group to fill ...
IGNORANCE. <--- worst
need a tank etc..

even after a hour of need grp spam.. someone else would get a grp as soon as they log on.. scout life suks.. nerf seehidden (COMPLETELY)

J

josh_dk

One of the things a scout is really good at is pulling, due to their long range.

Problem has been that they get very high aggro because they deal so much damage.

This has been fixed in patch 1.62 (coming soon)

Now the aggro from Scout crit pulls will be divided in the group, much like the aggro from Pbaoe is.

I once invited a scout to my group only to find out he was out of arrows .....

Should have booted hime straight away, but let him leech a bit.

Obviously I never invited this sad git again.

And like someone pointed out, scouts are very good at blocking, so be sure to bring ur shield skill up and guard the one taking aggro (presumably pally) - this way the healer will have an easier time.

G

greenfingers

I got a scout myself, and I know how hard it is for scouts, but that doesn't mean i inv a scout instead of an armsman... If I get a PBAOE grp together, I usually inv scouts/infils for the leeching spot.

pally
2 wizzie (ice)
cleric
minstrel
arms/pala
friar
*leeching spot*

this grp usually r0xx0R fOrTEhWiN!!!1

My scout soloed 3.5 lvls (42.5-46) after that I got some VERY nice grps together in both AC and DF. And yes, people DO remember your nice grps, and PM you when U start a grp, enter the game, or look for grp :D

When my grp is full I say so, when I have peeps inc I say so, when I don't really need that class I say something like: "Sry m8, we don't need a 'x-class' atm.

Im no prick, neither a lier fyi :)

S

Silenzio

make ur own group
be gl
n is done

full filled ov lazy ppl so if u buil up the group they r happpy n will not moan bout a scout in group

n btw... 1 scount in a 8 ppl grouo aint that bad...

if he use bow =)

can put guard on caster / healer or other tank n help that way too

nice clean pull ...

what i can say ... is group some skout or inf ...
maybe no more than 1 per group but get em =)

n btw in a pbaoe group doest rlly matter...

ive done great exp lot ov time with 2 inf a scout n a pally as end regen battery ...
for pbaoe u just need to hit the mob... so he wont attak the kaster...

n all the mob wont last for more than few second... so a scout can hold the aggro too

W

wilddork--

yeah.. lvling scout was a pain.. i was like 90% of the time groupleader....

try to get a guildie to plvl you :p

G

Gethin

I feel for you as i had to solo pretty much all the way to 50, its hard being a scout. (Btw at 42 you can solo the Hamadryads in lyon real easy, just take alot of keen arrows)

The thing that makes me laugh is that once 1.62 comes out everyone will want a scout in their group. I wonder what my response will be.

S

skile

Originally posted by Draylor
Same reason its been that way since day 1 - you bring nothing to a group that another class cant do better.

Sure scouts/infils arent necessarily bad in groups - but badly played ones are and theres always been a hell of alot of them around.

Scouts give the best guard, also a pretty good defense. They are also the best blockers INGAME. Get a pala in grp and a scout to guard him and that pala can take on hell of a beating.

P

Pin

Originally posted by skile
They are also the best blockers INGAME.

Small shield = definitely NOT the best blockers in the game.

L

lathonial

dunno pin, i read somwehere small shields perform better on stun styles

L

Lustedelf

small shield = lesser end usage for slam n faster

Large shield = good for blockin multiple target I.e guard

so group would rather have a person using a large shield

n a small shield user isn't the best blocker in a group <sniggers>

R

Rossco

sorry that small shield business is rubbish.....

shield size dictates damage, endurance usage for shield styles and number of attackers you can simultaneously block against YOURSELF ONLY.

when using guard, a small sheild can successfully block 25+ opponents successfully (if you think im talking rubbish try it out on a bunch of green/grey con mobs...get someone to aggro a lot of em and stick guard on them)

scouts have the best dex from any shield user and we all know dex is the major factor in blocking (with shield spec)

a scout with slam, +whatever to shield and mastery of blocking 2 is better than 6 second PBT for one lucky recipient of guard, and if the scout is practiced he/she can switch guard targets midcombat and save pretty much every member of the group

ta
Rossco

S

skile

Originally posted by Pin

Maybe i should have been more specific. In 1vs1. Anyone know if the shield size affect guardblocks?

S

skile

Cause when romaing in a DK grp 2 pets went for our cleric. I stuck him with guard, and i blocked both the pets attacks.

From what I've heard u can only block 1 opponent if 3 gank u the same time, and 2 if medium shield, 3 with large.

R

Rossco

Simple, Goto dartmoor, 2 person group, cleric and scout, aggro a herdsman and let him call all the ponies......tell the cleric to use an insta and watch as the scout blockspams all the ponies + giants attacks against the cleric.....till you've tried it dont bother posting

ta
Rossco

J

Jergiot

hum imo scout are pretty good in exp grps. i mean, good dmg with bow + they can defend clerics+casters with shield Oo

just that ppl are ignorant i guess. they rather have a fire wizzy that can do cool effects when they cast on mobs. they dont even care if the wizzy is getting resisted 9 out of 10 x[

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by greenfingers

pally
2 wizzie (ice)
cleric
minstrel
arms/pala
friar
*leeching spot*

this grp usually r0xx0R fOrTEhWiN!!!1

bah try this

1 ice wizzy
1 matter cabby
1 cleric
optional :
1 sorc (debufs/crack)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by lathonial
capped damage record = 1156(on a crit 3second draw).

This is a lie. With the bow's DPS and speeds currently in the game there is no way to reach beyond 1090-1100~ish damage, this is at RR10.

Originally posted by Pin

I have personally blocked more than 1 blow in one single combat round. From both one attacker dualwielding AND from several targets. Both in rvr and pve.. This has also been tested on the critshotboards way back..

Though it was also tested that the blockrate was much higher when guarding a player from 1 mob than it was from more than 1 mob.

This is most likely a bug and I think the devs were notified about it, but it's still in and I doubt they'll look into this somewhat trivial thing very soon..

Even though the blockrate was slightly lower against multiple attackers, the Scouts smallshield doesn't seem to penalize the scout in the issue about attackers per round as much as it perhaps should.

M

moona

sometimes i had a grp with my scout , because i had the inconnu class for my scout :)

but 90% of the time it was ignorance, we need blablabla class,ect

very frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom