Scotland

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Read on the BBC news today "smoking banned in all enclosed public places" for Scotland. As a non-smoker, great!, but it's not going to be fully implemented until 2006.

Bummer :(

Went down to my local usually very smoky boozer tonight and saw a noticed saying "smoking in the lounge strictly prohibited". Looks like they're implementing it early.

Fucking result! :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This sucks for so many reasons. The main one being a cigarette and a pint go together like Morecambe and Wise.

DO NOT BAN THIS COMBINATION!

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't give a shit as long as they follow through and look at every pollutant - fekin buses puking black smoke along the high streets! Hey! we could ban certain countries from causing pollution inside the earth....take it outside!

....seriously though, this knocks on the head any ideas about hash-bar/cafes dinnit?

:mad:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Hrm, good and bad really, I dont mind the ambient smell of smoke in pubs, its somewhat relaxing, what I dont like is when the twats blow smoke in your face for the sole purpose of pissing you off, meh, depends on how you look on it, doesn't affect me quite frankly so it matters not to me. :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I never really liked the whole thing of not being able to go for a night out without coming back stinking of cigarette smoke. However, the thing I most enjoy about this ban is that it really pisses bodhi off :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ban smoking everywhere tbh. It fucking stinks.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
More New Labour nanny state crap imho. Why not take it to the logical conclusion and ban drinking in pubs... alcohol's bad for you too. We'll see how happy the non smokers are when pubs start shutting or start putting their prices up to compensate for the decrease in revenue.... and you'll still have to fight your way through a thick choking cloud of smoke to get in and out of the pub... as most smokers will be standing at the door.

I've yet to be convinced there's a proven link between passive smoking and lung cancer. If a non-smoker gets lung cancer they automatically think it's due to passive smoking.... there's a whole lot of other bad stuff they're filling their lungs with on a daily basis.

I feel like writing to the First Minister will my list of further things I'd like to see banned (after all this decision was meant to be lead by public demand and so-called consultation).

* Mothers with large buggies/prams (ban them from the streets and shops).
* Old people (should only be allowed out once a week).
* Fast food restaurants (I think a total ban would be in order here).
* Fat people.
* Screeching greedy spoilt children on buses and in supermarkets.
* Ban people who don't drink from entering pubs (if they're driving, make them wait outside with the smokers).
* Neds/Chavs - should be banned from urban areas and send to forced labour camps.
* Farting in enclosed public spaces (can affect air qaulity far worse than a wee ciggie)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Mofo8 said:
* Mothers with large buggies/prams (ban them from the streets and shops).

I'll show Samm this and let her reply.

Would you like the mothers to be dragging their newborn babies by the hair as they shop? What other way would you like them to transport their kids around? You want to ban prams AND screeching kids, you are gonna get alot more screeching kids if they aren't in prams.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Obviously babies are life threatening now. Especially when combined with that active catalyst ... PRAMS!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
By the way Legz0r, tomorrow is my last day of smoking. Got my uber strength patches and loads of support so I am going for it.

God help me and the people around me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good, hopefully they can ban this in England very soon as well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
this has been so in holland for ages, though not in the pubs. all other places, like offices, trainstations and the trains themselves carry the ban.

good show I say.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I might add there is a bar section seperate to the lounge (pool table and lager lout play area) that is still smoking, so they've struck the right chord and reached a happy medium.

Mofo8, for me it's not about the health concern, it's the fact I smell like a fucking ash tray and makes my voice hoarse (can't be a good thing health wise) when i'm in a cloud of it for longer than 30 seconds.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
I'll show Samm this and let her reply.

Would you like the mothers to be dragging their newborn babies by the hair as they shop? What other way would you like them to transport their kids around? You want to ban prams AND screeching kids, you are gonna get alot more screeching kids if they aren't in prams.

I was referring to the LARGE oversize prams and buggies that look a bit like them Smart cars and seem to take up over half the pavement.

There seems to be no real link between passive smoking and lung cancer (I heard there's a 0.1% increased chance, but even that's debated), so, it's really down to the fact that it annoys non-smokers. That's why I listed a couple of things that annoy me. People blowing smoke in my face and smoked on public transport annoys me too.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Good. Took long enough.

Smoking is smelly, and horrible. Now I might be able to actually enjoy a good hour down the boozer :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
oh cant be arsed now it'll only turn into a flame session :kissit:

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
in a way its a good and a bad thing,
good, it will make alot of places better due to not so much smoke inside pubs etc, but with the bad side, its winter and its bloody cold outside :p, other then that having a smoke and a pint is something that should never be taken away from any one, its just something that you should never remove :p, im a smoker.
But i can understand why some people hate it,
to all you people who say its dirty and nasty etc, you shouldnt flame the smokers, you should try and ask them to quit if you know them etc, and give them support, not just be bitchy about it, and you might actually get what you want,

other then that, it shouldnt be an outright ban, but they should add smoking and non smoking parts in pubs, it wouldnt be hard, or just put decent aircon in some of them pubs :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom