Sc'ng Leg weaps?

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know how many imbue points they will have in the 3 sc slots?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it's the same imbue as you normally have for 4 sc slots, but it's harder to overcharge cos the 'missing 4th slot' counts as 94%, so you'd need three 100% quality gems to have no chance of blowing up a 99/100% legendary.

Darzil

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
For a 5.5 OC u need a minimum of 98.5 quality per gem for a safe no Blow up SC.

The +10AF counts as a 94% gem.

So 3 X 100% and 1 X 94% = 394 / 4 = 98.5

i.e. as Darzil said 3X MP :(

PPL on VN boards are saying go for 1XMP, 2X99 and cross fingers praying to whatever god you worship and hopefully will be ok. i.e. you can SC it, but theres also a good chance of a blowup.

Im actually in the process of testing the 2X99, 1XMP now.. will let u know how it goes once I actually get a MP gem lol

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Thornea said:

PPL on VN boards are saying go for 1XMP, 2X99 and cross fingers praying to whatever god you worship and hopefully will be ok. i.e. you can SC it, but theres also a good chance of a blowup.

Im actually in the process of testing the 2X99, 1XMP now.. will let u know how it goes once I actually get a MP gem lol

Thats gonna be painfull if it blows :p

Spent 12p making 2 99% rapiers yesterday , if i had blew any of them up i wouldve still been picking bits of monitor out of my knuckles now :)

So good luck and hope you dont blow up :)

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Influenza said:
Thats gonna be painfull if it blows :p

Spent 12p making 2 99% rapiers yesterday , if i had blew any of them up i wouldve still been picking bits of monitor out of my knuckles now :)

So good luck and hope you dont blow up :)

Blew up a 99% Leg Heat 1h Axe today using 3X99% gems.. then I decided to research a bit hehe

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone tested if you can sc an old legendary pre-patch yet? (yes i know what the notes says but has anyone actually tested it?).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Has anyone tested if you can sc an old legendary pre-patch yet? (yes i know what the notes says but has anyone actually tested it?).

No, the old legendaries still have stats in the three slots.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Thats not what I asked.

Sorry, what were you asking then ?

You can't spellcraft legendaries made before 1.84, as they are already spellcrafted when they are made. It simply doesn't work.

Darzil

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Darzil said:
Sorry, what were you asking then ?

You can't spellcraft legendaries made before 1.84, as they are already spellcrafted when they are made. It simply doesn't work.

Darzil

There was a rumour on VN boards that you could SC the 2nd generation Leg weapons (not the +con one the +str ones) even though they displayed the str and 2 resists (once SC'd those stats dissapeared). SOme ppl said that the stats reverted when you ported, some ppl said they stayed.
I got a bunch of 2nd generation Leggies in vault and will check later.

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Just tried to SC a pre-existing 2nd generation str based leg weapon...

The Arcanium Mighty Benethic LongSword can only be imbued with 4 different types of magical properties.
Combine Action Cancelled.

So guess thats a no ref SC pre-exisitng Leggies :(((

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Also just SC'd 2 99% leggies with 2XMP and 1X99 gems.. seams to be working ok so far.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Thornea said:
Just tried to SC a pre-existing 2nd generation str based leg weapon...

The Arcanium Mighty Benethic LongSword can only be imbued with 4 different types of magical properties.
Combine Action Cancelled.

So guess thats a no ref SC pre-exisitng Leggies :(((

Thankyou thats what I wanted to know, if anyone had actually physically tested it themselves.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Thornea said:

Hmmm should have done more reading then. Just blew up an mp pyroclastic Large Weapon, trying to imbue 2x99% gems (8LW, 7str) 37 of 32 points spend. Didnt know then the 10AF works as a 94% qual gem :x

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Hmmm should have done more reading then. Just blew up an mp pyroclastic Large Weapon, trying to imbue 2x99% gems (8LW, 7str) 37 of 32 points spend. Didnt know then the 10AF works as a 94% qual gem :x

The empty slot counts as a 94% also. When overcharging normal items you always have to use 4 gems.

(Actually the way it works is that you get a bonus to success chance with qualities over 94%, so crafting one gem at a time is the equivilent of having three gems with no bonus, as is crafting with only one gem.)

Darzil

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
So you cant OC with for example 2 gem's?

Game calculates any missing jewel as quality 94%, try 2 jewels + an extra +1skill/resist/stat jewel, it use only 0'5 imbue points and you can get a masterpiece very fast.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Meradesh said:
Game calculates any missing jewel as quality 94%, try 2 jewels + an extra +1skill/resist/stat jewel, it use only 0'5 imbue points and you can get a masterpiece very fast.
unless u need an mp, then it never comes
and when crafting for 99% ones u get mp's in line :'(

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
and like i guessed, tried mp's at cheapest gem but noooo only 1 in after several batches :/ then more expensive ones came faster then 2e 99

anyhow, 1 mp 2 99's works like a charm

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Oddly I found that when crafting planning to use legendaries as a secondary weapon (ie spellcrafting around something else, and swapping in legendary for specific opponents), a 96%+ non overcharged legendary would replace most decent artifact weapons in stat terms. So didn't bother - no point in overcharging in order to overcap.

Darzil

illu

Part of the furniture
With all the recent quality of gem changes, does this mean that for LGM Weaps, you now craft the item to 99 or 100% depending how hard you want to hit, then you pick 3 stats to make 37.5 imbue points? Or in the SC machine, do you input the 3 stats and the 10AF one?
And then the gems quality do not matter any more?

It's damn confusing :>

Oli - Illu

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
nice bumpage

You only need pick 3 stats to make 37.5 imbue points, +10 af is included on weapon.

And isn't necesary high quality gems. % to explode (only gems, not crafted item) depends on weapon quality. I needed yesterday do 2 retries on 1 MP :p.

Vukod

Fledgling Freddie
nice bumpage

You only need pick 3 stats to make 37.5 imbue points, +10 af is included on weapon.

And isn't necesary high quality gems. % to explode (only gems, not crafted item) depends on weapon quality. I needed yesterday do 2 retries on 1 MP :p.

I can aggree on that, i exploded 4 times before i fixed an armor part, and the most funny is the last try the jewels are worst quality than the other trys i did before.

On a MP i used 3x99% and 1x98 and exploded, 2x99% 1x100% 1x98% and exploded, and last try who was success i used 2x98% 1x97% 1x99%, so that is a fact of luck too i guess hehe.

Btw rhoma, gimme a kiss next time i see you in the Ciber, hehehehe

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
I can aggree on that, i exploded 4 times before i fixed an armor part, and the most funny is the last try the jewels are worst quality than the other trys i did before.

On a MP i used 3x99% and 1x98 and exploded, 2x99% 1x100% 1x98% and exploded, and last try who was success i used 2x98% 1x97% 1x99%, so that is a fact of luck too i guess hehe.

Btw rhoma, gimme a kiss next time i see you in the Ciber, hehehehe

gem quality doesnt matter anymore... only the quality of the piece you want to imbue... aka there are more chances to explode while imbuing a 96% armor/weap than a 99% or mp part. still RNG can play funny even on mp/99% :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom