97% lgm weapon

khorts told me chance 2 get it imbued 38%

used 2 MP and 1 99%

Sucessfull!!!

3 times a 97% qual LGM weapon

khorts told me chance 2 get it imbued 35%

1MP and 2 99%

all 3 Sucessfull!!!

Dunno if it depends on Skill(I'm SC capped at 1059) but think 1MP and 2 99% gems can do the job.

Would be nice if some other SC'ers can confirm this.

Izzy

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
skill lvl doesn't matter(unless below 1001)

what you really need to establish is the ammount of avilible imbule points, as regardless this table will show what i meen...

1,001+ Spellcrafter
5pt oc average 98.5%
4pt oc average 98%
3pt oc average 97%
2pt oc average 96%
1pt oc average 96%

i will try to dig out the imble points for the weapons to show you what i meen...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
So long as you don't blow up my mp pole I don't mind :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
skill lvl doesn't matter(unless below 1001)

what you really need to establish is the ammount of avilible imbule points, as regardless this table will show what i meen...

1,001+ Spellcrafter
5pt oc average 98.5%
4pt oc average 98%
3pt oc average 97%
2pt oc average 96%
1pt oc average 96%

i will try to dig out the imble points for the weapons to show you what i meen...

noobish mistake... i found out its the same imblue points as any lvl 51 item... so aslong as you have 3 99% jewels it shouldn't blow up, unless the sc calc says 'impossible!'

theoreticly, i havn't tested it but theres no reason why they should blow up if you treat it like a normal SC job... correct me if im wrong:)

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=206080

darzil said:
I believe it's the same imbue as you normally have for 4 sc slots, but it's harder to overcharge cos the 'missing 4th slot' counts as 94%, so you'd need three 100% quality gems to have no chance of blowing up a 99/100% legendary.

ignore me, im an idiot:p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
so with 3X99 you get an avarage of 97.75 giving you the ability of doing 3+oc...
wow... and with 2X99 1X100 you get an avarge of 98 4+oc
wow again... with 2X100 1X99 you get an avarage of 98.25 4+oc
and finnally to ensure a sucessfull 5+oc you need 3X100
(this was just to satisfy myself, and help others understand, if theres any confusion)

but obvoiusly with your tests shown it is possible to do other combo's just its a bit of pot luck

sucks to sc leg weaps:p i would charge 1p for that>.<

imo mythic will change that soon and remove the 4th slot from there systems, its not fare your crafting for something that isin't even there, end of rant
/peace!

EDIT: doh been ranting about something slightly of topic, soz>.<

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well most of the time it shouldnt be a problem as most stealthers will have an open main hand (or MH that requires +15 stat or so)

nice work though, annoying that you have to make MP/99 gems, more things for the non crafters to complain about price :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
What pisses me off is how they havent change the legendary recipe to suite either.

The only reason it used to cost so much and need 3 X spellcrafted gems and 3 X alchemy procs (costing around 360-400 gold extra total) is because the weapon you ended up with already had stats and procs on it.

Now it doesn't, you have to craft the stats back on it yourself.

Yet the recipe is still the same and still as expensive, and now that toa is showing its age and most toons are already toa'd up and most people do the ml's in rush's, the 'rare' ingredients are living up to their names which means it can cost 1p just to buy that alone.

ok, moan finished.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I just blew up with 1 100% 1 99% and 1 98% (99% average) on a 29/24 (98 quality weapon).

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Ouchy, the price of science but rest assured it was for a worthy cause of preventing the rest of us from suffering the same expense and not to mention the cost.

Next time though, kindly wait so I can watch you blow up :flame:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
I just blew up with 1 100% 1 99% and 1 98% (99% average) on a 29/24 (98 quality weapon).

Remember that there's a 94% in there too. So that was 97.75% average.

Even 98.5% average seems to be only guaranteed at 99%/MP weapon levels, otherwise there is always a chance.

Darzil

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
Remember that there's a 94% in there too. So that was 97.75% average.

I am aware of that, I'll just keep on doing some testing on low quality weapons as defo I cba to make mp gems for them.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Even 98.5% average seems to be only guaranteed at 99%/MP weapon levels, otherwise there is always a chance.

3 mp gems

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Nope, deffinitelly one mp and 2 99s work.

I think that has a good chance of working. History would suggest it's not 100% on a 99%, though.

Darzil

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Q: Will the 'empty slot' (already filled in with 10 AF bonus, 2% melee against monsters) will count as a 94 quality gem for purposes of failure and 'exploding', when overcharging?

A: From the Tradeskill Goddess: "As you attempt an overcharge, the quality of each gem put into the process adds to your base chance of success. Because you cannot input in a fourth gem on the legendaries, there is no 4th addition to your success chance...so if you want to achieve around the same percentage for overcharge success as you would have had with four gems, you will need to compensate for the lack of bonus by increasing the quality of the three gems you are using.

"Also, the preset bonuses on the item do not count towards your total imbue point value - a 100% quality legendary weapon has 32 imbue points to use on your three empty imbue slots."

From here

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
New experiment. On a 5 point (mind you, not 5.5, just 5) overcharge, 2 tries with 3* 99% gems were successfull.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
New experiment. On a 5 point (mind you, not 5.5, just 5) overcharge, 2 tries with 3* 99% gems were successfull.

the .5 doesn't change the % to blow, if sc calc's are to be believed...

interesting stuff though

Mira

Fledgling Freddie
Did a 5pt over charge on a Leg<99> qual weap with 1 mp and 2 99's no probs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom