School Reunion

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Just been informed that there will be a school reunion with lots of old friends on the 2nd of July this year. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the whole reunion thing?

So yes or no?

Discuss...

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
The fact you play DAOC prob means you were the weedy geek everyone took the piss out of. (Yes yes i know i might be wrong yada yada)

So the reunion might be the perfect time for everyone else to see you haven't changed :D

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
Depends what you want out of it. Strikes me there are a couple of different reasons for going to a reunion. You get to meet up with old friends and be nostalgic over good times past. Also, with luck, you get to meet up with the arseholes from your past and rub your success in their faces (bitter...moi? ;)).

The former relies on the old friends turning up (sound them out first?) and the changes in you/them not being insurmountable. The latter relies on you having outdone the arseholes in your life, because them being arseholes and having a better life than you would really suck.

So, short answer is dunno - it really depends on whether school was a good time for you or not.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Plus you might get to find out if that slag you really fancied, has had her 8th kid and 20th divorce yet.

That or ... erm something :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Deadmanwalking said:
The fact you play DAOC prob means you were the weedy geek everyone took the piss out of. (Yes yes i know i might be wrong yada yada)

So the reunion might be the perfect time for everyone else to see you haven't changed :D

rofl some people are so quick to judge. I was very popular at school :p playing for the school football team was a good way to get people to know you.

back on topic :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I couldn't care less what has happened to 99.9% of the people I schooled with. out of all my years I've retained contact with exactly two people, one from photography and one from primary school. both I'm extremely good mates with. as I see them nearly every day, I don't feel the need to go to reunions.

as my parants moved often due to the nature of my dad's job the people I grew up with are spread all over the world, and tbh I just dont' really have a burning desire to track down someone I played with when I was 6 to talk to them about stuff we've both forgotten 24 years on.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
been invited to a reunion in 2013 :eek7:

will either a) go to it or b) have forgotten everything about it by then :D

think on it! a chance to laugh at those people who said you were going to fail in life! :p

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Not forgetting the potential for a personal crisis of success achieved, you will get wankers whos first question will always be "How much do you earn?" and you'll may look at yourself and evaluate how you're doing, compared to everyone else. A fruitless task! It is in my case anyway, as what my ex class mates may consider success, I'd regard as absolute failure! and vice versa. perhaps.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I have met a couple of ex schoolmates over the years. I was amazed how boring and mundane their lives were. I left school (almost) bottom of my class because I discovered Alcohol and Sex when I was 14. I'll bet though that I have done better and had a more fulfilling life than 99% of the kids I knew.
I'll also guess that the 15/16 year old "babes" I went out with are now 40 year old trouts. I on the other hand have aged perfectly, natch.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
5 years ago, I wouldn't have gone due to embarrassing underachievment. Today I would happily go. More to see the teachers than my old classmates however. They singularly failed to inspire me at school and as a result I was horribly bored, did no work, and underachieved. I now work my arse off, earn better money than they ever did, and would like to shove my Lotus right up their, 'He'll never amount to anything!' attitudes.

Shallow? Maybe, but I don't care.

It would be good to see a few old mates and catch up, but I would imagine after a half hour or so it would start to get a bit awkward as you ran out of old stories to recount and realised that you have little in common anymore. Never know though, might meet an old girlfriend, hook up again, get married, drop some sprogs, and live happily ever after.... Friends re-united say this could happen so it must be true!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I keep in touch with several of my schoolmates, a couple of them from Primary school as well. Reminiscing (sp?) is great, however there were some right ***** at school and I'd rather not see them.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Deadmanwalking said:

I dunno, when I went to the DAoC meetup in feb most of the people were quite normal (Except Flimgoblin, he's an ewul scotsman with long hair!)

Anyway back on topic,

I think I would go to a school reunion to see how a few of the people I went with are doing, that said I still hang around with 99% of the people I liked anyway so it's all good. :D

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
~Yuckfou~ said:
I left school (almost) bottom of my class because I discovered Alcohol and Sex when I was 14.

I was digging the notion you were kinda cool till you said sex @ 14, I seek solace in the fact the respective partner was a girl and not one of those over friendly Rugger liaisons they have in ultra posh schools!? :D

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont see any of my old schoolmates any more, although some of the guys I was an apprentice with are the best friends Ive ever had/have. I still like to get drunk with them once a month or so :D

Like TdC, I couldnt give a toss about the people I was at school with. I can garuntee that the 'top lads' will still be arse-holes even after 18 years, and the 'top birds' will be right pikey cows.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
.Wilier. said:
I couldnt give a toss about the people I was at school with. I can garuntee that the 'top lads' will still be arse-holes even after 18 years, and the 'top birds' will be right pikey cows.

Those bruises are deep eh :D Let it go dude, it was 18 years ago :)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I'd go, get shit faced, make an arse of myself and it would be just like old times :)

If it ain't broke don't fix it :drink:

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom