Scary SI Mobs (spoiler)

A

Aileanara

Bored at work so I just been reading through the Prima Si Guide.

Really like some of the AI ideas for some of the mobs how about some of these (most from HIB, havent really read the Alb & mid stuff yet)

Angler mobs that use weaker mobs as BAIT!!!!
group of 2 "orange to me, lets get it" wack wack "yeah easy"....."did you pull the purple"

In one mob town a Snipper Ranger in one of the towers

A Plant type mob that if not controlled takes over most of the zone!!!!

Mobs that hide in grass/trees

In Midgard a Mob that teleport players away from him

Mobs that are weaker/stronger at certain times of the day/weather etc

Looks like its a dangerous place for the unwary travellers

C

CliffyG

I've noticed in the albion zone the little flaoting balls (can't remember the name) are strengthened when it rains :).

F

Fightersuntzu

And theres more fun ! :)

a mob in caer sidi which increases his resists for the type he was attacked for every time hes hit. A mob which can be damaged >only< by clerics.

A dragon which takes 10fg to kill, drops 2 pieces of loot, and the entire raid is instantkilled by a lightning storm 5 minutes later :p

legion-level mobs that come in groups of 8 -

And more fun things ! :p

(and this is just Caer sidi, ugh :) )

G

Garris-

Its the water elementals that are strengthened by rain.

Theres some really, really nice ideas in SI. Me likes.

M

mcirvine

I read about a mob that you cant kill till you kill anohter mob in the top of a tower... but when u kill this mob in the tower a bunch of guard mobs spawn to rush up the tower and try to kill you...

O

old.Maronan

That sounds like great fun! I even heard about stealther mobs that PA you.... <shudder> :)

O

old.job

I set my pet on an orange, dragonyy thingy, it died with one hit???
But then a message came up saying some frog had jumped out of it's lair??
The pet carried on hitting nothing, I couldn't help so had to run.

Very strange, bug maybe?

A

Apathy

Oooh. I ordered the Prima SI guide today, mostly because I'm finding it tricky to find decent solo places in Avalon. And groups of 7 necros and a reaver just don't work.

a.

O

old.Jable

i was soloing yesterday in the hib new zones. i attacked a yellow to me by itself near a tree, and the moment i hit it with an arrow, a dirty great bear/hyena thing came running at me, must have been high orange.

nightmare - had to run.

G

Garris-

This is really funny.. yesterday I was exploring and came accross Caer Caddug, where a bunch of our guild 50s were trying to kill Lord Caddug himself.. Caddug usually lives in this rooftop-ish area with a hole in the back.. sometimes he grabs people and throws them at random down that hole, which is cool enough. However, we were fighting him at the bottom of the stairs, where you usually land when thrown out of the hole.. so when he threw people they shot up into the ceiling and came down again. 'twas funny.

J

Jiggs

managed to get all the way into caer sidi last night

but on the way you got mobs that go invisble and nuke you

and ffs whose idea was 'random lightning' like VERY annoying when someone comes back from LD and you are trying to /inv while lightning hits you (doesnt hurt but its stupid)

btw sidi is very nasty i mean VERY nasty, not like a bit nasty i mean like VERY godam nasty

G

Gadd

no the worst is i was walking through hybrasil and i came to this weird bubbling lake i started walking through it and it attacked me! and killed me! the lake kill me!

O

old.LandShark

Was with Jiggs, yep... Sidi is fairly hellish :)
Like a mob RIGHT INSIDE THE ENTRANCE that you hit for 10damage. And hits you back for 300, faster than I swing with a jambiya. Ouchee... Thanks to SOS + relogging in a clear spot I was able to get quite deep into sidi though got ganked in fairly short order.
Amazing arcitecture and genuinely threatening mobs...
Actually I think SI as a whole has done a good job of making areas that do actually make you go "wow" just because of their size and diversity. Mythic's art team did a seriously good job =)
Plus the new quests were actually fun, really good stuff, apart from one time where you get completely incorrect directions and end up camping the wrong spot for half an hour. :p

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by old.0xygen

Cool where is that?

Havent got the book with me now, but from what I remeber it was the furthest zone away from the starting zone (top left)

S

Slinker

Yeah first time I was lured , never realised until I was half eaten , these nasty beasties have little grey pets "lures" that act as bait , go anywhere near and they appear out of nowhere and starts chomping on you , you have to tread very carefully . Be wary of little grey cons wandering alone :)

K

Khalen

Hahaha try mobs (yes mobs) who hit for 780 and parry all attacks from front =)

A

acron

I really love the AI too. Just little things like the myggas in Aegir - they fly into the air so you cant melee them :) Just brilliant tbh lol

S

Sharma

In vigilant rock near Necte or something there are two VERY large mobs called Vigilant ones and treants, man they scared the crap outta me when i saw em O_O

L

living

yup.. just dont like the mobs who proc lifedrain each hit.. tried to do some named mammoth in midgard.. thought i had it when i got it to half in 1hit.. just dident know it procs a lifedrain each hit that just makes it seem hopeless :)

S

Sarum TheBlack

They've improved the caster AI quite a bit too.. caster mobs used to be easy prey for anyone with ranged damage... now they hang back more and get interrupted less, and generally are a real pain. Likewise, the AI of "healer" mobs is much improved in that they do actually try to heal their mates now. Archer mobs that keep backing off to behind higher level guards too are gits.

And the little apple orchard guys in Avalon are cute.. wander about planting little haunted apple trees, that grow into bigger haunted apple trees, only for "apple thief" mobs to come and raid the orchard.. and the planter guy has to start all over again.

And oooh, shiny water!! (ok, so it's not anything to do with vastly improved mobs AI, but it seems for some reason to be a selling point of the add-on. It gets more "press" than the new AI which makes PvE much more fun)

S

Sharma

theres also Lure mobs, they have a small thing that when you hit it, it dies and some other high lvl mob comes and start bashing on you

W

Whandall

A friend of mine(lvl50ranger) attacked a green mob in world end - then suddenly all the green thingys got together and transformed into a much stronger enemy..........EVIL!

G

g0ldenbone

The big mobs next to the theurgists tower in the vales (alb SI) are cool. They make great noises and have some cool abilities.. near that area are also mobs which can root you and do AOE fire DD's.. some of the other mobs also cast a nasty STR debuf which effectively stops casters moving for 2 minutes.. very nasty

The archer and caster mobs in Avalon city are cool as well.. there are very few good places to rest up and camp as a result. This makes for a completely different game experience IMO and if you catch bad agro you can find yourself fighting a pitched battle in the hope of finding a safe spot to rest (behind the barricade bit is about all there is!)

I've been massively impressed with just about every aspect of the expansion.. its been a lot of fun!

A

Arnor

glacier giant was fixed some patches ago. now he throws ppl far away or straight up in the air.

he opened with throwing me HIGH up in the air on top of him, then he threw me almost to NOTTMORE! as I landed.

B

BrassMonkey

Drakoran mages are a pain in the arse too, if you pick a fight with them you damn well better finish it, i was fighting one when a skirmisher came along and joined in. Tried running only to find the mage casting an ice root on me :(

D

Draigo

Originally posted by -Warhawk-
Drakoran mages are a pain in the arse too, if you pick a fight with them you damn well better finish it, i was fighting one when a skirmisher came along and joined in. Tried running only to find the mage casting an ice root on me :(

tell me about it, our alt group had somone purely on mage duty at
the Drak Camp

N

Neural Network

The drops are great. I got some cloth boots AF42 from a blue con mob with my level 20 character. Quality 91%, but the bonuses are poor.

S

svartmetall

Hell, I really like the way the cute mammoths always head away from you like timid herd animals do...and they're sooo cute! All that stuff about new mob behaviour sounds great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom