Scammers..

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
So I got scammed on 16p today.. I should have seen the signs etc.. but I just wanted some cash on camlann for a nice ratio. Was going to trade 16p for 11p on camlann.

Here is the first guy that announced that he wanted to trade money in Camelot on Camlann to Mid/Exc.

Main: Tapperz 46 BD
Traded with: Mutez (lowlevel SC)

http://www.urme.com/fellowship/pic1.jpg

As you can see he is saying that his character is Tapperz in Bannana Bunnies, it's a lvl 46 Bonedancer according to duskwave.

Anyway, after I lost my 16 plats.. I waited on camlann for 10min.. no Thaneboyi there. We were gonna finish the trade in TNN. After 10min I port to Camelot again.. and what do I see in Broadcast.. another guy that wants to trade cash from camlann to mid/exc .. 10p for 15p.

Of course I'm not that stupid to fall for this two times.. so I pm him with my BB on camlann and I'm telling him I'm interested to trade the money.

Main: Warriorz (41 warrior, unguilded) He said he was in Realm Defenders, and according to RD's GM he was in that guild a few days.
Traded with: ChSpellz (low level SC char)

http://www.urme.com/fellowship/pic2.jpg

I'm sure these two are the same guy.

1. Both characters was a spellcrafter on Camlann. Named Imjustasc and Spellzcrafterzz.
2. They are both saying they lost 13-14p "all together".
3. He wants to meet in AH both times.
4. Both characters on Excal are casters/spellcrafters.
5. Warriorz are saying that he know Tapperz.

When I asked the second guy to just show me if he had 10p on Camlann he refused.

Is it the same guy?? And what do you think.. would I have been scammed the second time to if I gave him 15p on excal?

I'm pissed that I was fooled so easy, but I'm a nice guy and I usually trust people.. but I guess that ain't worth a shit :p

I'm sure this guy has done this several times before.. 10-15min after he scammed me he was in Camelot again trying to scam more people. And I'm sure he will be there tomorrow using another name scamming new people.

Anyone else traded money with him? Or is it just me that is blond and blue eyed :(

Bonegoat

Fledgling Freddie
Saw him trying to transfer 15p from camlann today, but if you want to trade "safe" you should be able to ask for camlann money first. Since you are an officer in fom and an E&E on exc you probably should expect that everyone who says that he is afraid to be scammed by you isnt planning on paying up on camlann.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
Cry to rightnow. Scamming is against CoC E&E peeps said so :p

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
There was a char named Spellzcrafterzz (or similar) on mid/excal a few days ago. He wanted to trade money to (or from, I don't remember) Camlann, and he showed all the signs of a scammer.

Lvl 1 char.
He wanted to trade, yet he refused to give or even show money first.
Immature behaviour once people started to suspect him.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
What a shame, people like him should be banned for good! His grammar looks the same in both of the ScreenShots, so he is probably the same guy you spoke with.

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is i know tapperz and if he did this im not sure.. or if hes sold or some random borrowed hes account need to look in to it... all i can say is sorry cause you asked me about him :/

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Yup, looks like same peeps to me. Starting out with exactly same sentence about being scammed too many times aswell. Hope you went to rightnow? ;) Ban the fecks

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to state that I never "met" Tapperz ingame.. he never logged on that character. He just said that it was his main on Excal.

But Tapperz confirmed ingame that he and Warriorz are IRL mates..

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
You can rightnow it, but don't see what GOA can do about it, you agreed to the 16p for 0 trade.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Goa usually don't give refunds anyways if you get scammed. So only thing you could do is get the guy banned, tho not sure if even that'll happen. Try tho :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, you are an E&E member. So getting in touch with a GM should'nt be a problem :p

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
You can rightnow it, but don't see what GOA can do about it, you agreed to the 16p for 0 trade.

Thats not a justifiiable excuse for theft in the real world, and it shouldn't be accepted in game either. It would be straightforward for a GOA/Mythic (via logs) to determine guilt in cases like this. It is theft, plain and simple. Regardless of any patronising "yeah but you clicked the accept button dude!" type arguments. Seriously, if any documentary evidence is conclusive, the guys account and CC should be barred and the moneys reimbursed to the victims.
Alot of daoc players seem to treat this with levity. "Well, it was your fault, you clicked accept". This kind of attitude is very harmful to the community and ultimately turns the community towards selfish and paranoid behaviour.

I just wish GOA would forget Mythics line on this (see the darkwolves behaviour for classic examples) and start actively seeking out scammers and thieves and making examples of them. This guy should be banned, his cc barred and GOA should publicise (without busting the guys privacy) the fact that another scammer is gone from the game. Sadly, I suspect they follow the "yeah, but you clicked the accept button" mentality....

/rant over

Michail

Fledgling Freddie
Just got scammed few mins ago as well :(

His name was Jameusos on camlann and Lutebot on alb/pryd. :touch:

Kirill

Fledgling Freddie
about 2 weeks ago or more one man sent me SS where an lvl1 char named Spelcrafterz on Camlann trading plats on mid/exc and telling that he's main is "Kirilla"
This man was scammed, and as I can see many other was so far.
2 weeks ago all that I was able to did is says: "Sorry man, you was scammed :( "
But now, it's seems really same moron who scamming ppl many time yet and surely playing there, on excalibur/mid.
Needs to stop it by any way.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
Kirill said:
about 2 weeks ago or more one man sent me SS where an lvl1 char named Spelcrafterz on Camlann trading plats on mid/exc and telling that he's main is "Kirilla"
This man was scammed, and as I can see many other was so far.
2 weeks ago all that I was able to did is says: "Sorry man, you was scammed :( "
But now, it's seems really same moron who scamming ppl many time yet and surely playing there, on excalibur/mid.
Needs to stop it by any way.

Hmm, maybe this Spelzcrafterzz is using other peoples name to cover his back. I was friends with Warriorz and i was going to powerlevel him till i found out he was accused for scamming, he was angry at me for thinking he is a scammer, i still dont know if this scammer is him or not, but by the sounds of what Kirilla just said, the scammer may be using other peoples names to cover his back, its not hard to find out what characters there are on any server, so maybe the scammer is using this technique.
I hope the Scammer get cought, is not right do scam people out of there money. Be Safe, Think before you Transfer Cash, try and Transfer with people you know.
:twak:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
I've had a "nice" dialogue with him as well, resulting with him telling me to go suck my mothers ****, because I did a /br warning about him being a potentional scammer due his behaviour having alot in common with how people scam.

What I don't understand is, how can people possibly trust a level 1 questionless - And even if you do it, at least split up the transfer in multiply sessions, so you'll at least cut down your losses in case he should run off with it (I've always done it this way, or demanded that the guy I transfer with gives me money first, if he doesn't got time to split it up).

Chosen said:
Well, you are an E&E member. So getting in touch with a GM should'nt be a problem :p

E&E members (supposedly) doesn't get special treatment from the rest of the community. Unfortunately, GOA has publicly stated that they won't do anything about these scammings, altho one can only hope that they'll take action against this guy, as he's been extremely active.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
this sort of things sucks big time and shpild be banned if u can prove, and Urme has done this so bann him IMO

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
My wish is that you could check up somewhere on all characters that exists on an account. You could go to camelot-europe.com and type in let's say "Urme".. then you would get a list of all my characters.

Name1 - Guild - Server
Name2 - Guild - Server
Name3 - Guild - Server

That would rock!

But I guess people need some privacy to ;)

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Urme the Legend said:
My wish is that you could check up somewhere on all characters that exists on an account. You could go to camelot-europe.com and type in let's say "Urme".. then you would get a list of all my characters.

Name1 - Guild - Server
Name2 - Guild - Server
Name3 - Guild - Server

That would rock!

Yeah, that wouldnt work.

But a good tip when you trade money is that you always make sure to make a real chat with the dude, then othen shows himself.
Then makes sure he/she shows you the cash first, so you atleast know that he got em.
Last thing is to check up on guilds.

But ofc, you still cant be sure. But this will atleast cut off a few scammers.
Atleast I did it this way and never got scammed.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:

Name1 - Guild - Server
Name2 - Guild - Server
Name3 - Guild - Server

That would rock!

Think more people would suffer from it :\ ... At least I find it annoying that people pm's me about wanting to buy unpriced/grossly overpriced stuff on my CM, and then QQ's madly when I don't wanna sell :x

Happened so often that I've given it serious thought of making an alt just to maintain the house :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Urme the Legend said:

Name1 - Guild - Server
Name2 - Guild - Server
Name3 - Guild - Server

That would rock!

Many have multiple accounts, so that would be no help either.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
Many have multiple accounts, so that would be no help either.

Yes but how many are using 1 specific account only for scamming other people? I'm sure he got some character on that account that he cares about.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
Yes but how many are using 1 specific account only for scamming other people? I'm sure he got some character on that account that he cares about.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair few who got an unused account... At least I got a spare cd-key, from when I bought boxed ToA for my bbot account.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Chesnox said:
Thats not a justifiiable excuse for theft in the real world, and it shouldn't be accepted in game either. It would be straightforward for a GOA/Mythic (via logs) to determine guilt in cases like this. It is theft, plain and simple. Regardless of any patronising "yeah but you clicked the accept button dude!" type arguments. Seriously, if any documentary evidence is conclusive, the guys account and CC should be barred and the moneys reimbursed to the victims.
Alot of daoc players seem to treat this with levity. "Well, it was your fault, you clicked accept". This kind of attitude is very harmful to the community and ultimately turns the community towards selfish and paranoid behaviour.

I just wish GOA would forget Mythics line on this (see the darkwolves behaviour for classic examples) and start actively seeking out scammers and thieves and making examples of them. This guy should be banned, his cc barred and GOA should publicise (without busting the guys privacy) the fact that another scammer is gone from the game. Sadly, I suspect they follow the "yeah, but you clicked the accept button" mentality....

/rant over

Geez calm down, I didnt steal the money. Regardless of what you say Urme did give this guy the 16p with no guarantee of getting it back.

It's like on the bus to the airport, giving all your holiday savings to a complete stranger on the promise his cousin Vinny will pay you back when you get there. A crime? Yes. But I suspect if you went to the police they would laugh at you.

The Darkwolves thing is two sided tbfh, people who hand over rare/expensive items to a stranger from a guild with an extremely bad reputation deserve everything they get. GOA/Mythic can't police their servers for stuff like this, it would take far too much manpower. It wouldn't be "straightforward" by any means, imagine how many logs are generated by DAoC in a day. Instead they rely on some sort of common sense in their customers. While I like & respect Urme I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what kind of risk he was taking, just that this time the gamble didn't pay off.

Btw afaik the excal:camlann cash ratio is around 3:1 atm, so suspect anything less.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
i saw him broadcasting wtt 16p here for 10p on camlann (maybe it was the other way around) and was going to pm him to ask if he would trade a little less since i didnt have that much on excal atm but didnt since it sounded a litttle bit to good to be true since the normal ratio is 1:2-2.5. Sad to see u got scammed tho :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ok.
I'm not going to comment on this specific case because I haven't looked into it. However I'll re-iterate our policy and our general line on this sort of thing.

Trading is always at your own risk. As Rulke rightly says, if you trade some money for a promise of somthing later, then effectively you have traded something for nothing. We can't make people keep a promise.
However there is a deliberately vague section in the CoC about respect for other players and good conduct in game. This is where as a GM I can exercise a bit of discretion and take action against people who are clearly setting out to scam or otherwise grief. This discretion is limited as I am still bound by our general trading policy whereby legitimate trades (i.e. where your account hasn't been 'hacked' and you've agreed to the trade then pressed accept) are still final even if the other party later reneges on the agreement.

Pretending to be someone else (and thereby damaging an innocent person's reputation) is always griefing and is always punishable.

Synthnal

One of Freddy's beloved
he scammed all my money off me.
Camlann - spllcrfterz,
Mid.Exc - Hopefuly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom