Scammed and Camelot-europe is why

E

ev0_o

Tuesday evening i was on camelot-europe and i saw a POLL icon, so i entered name/pass and off i went, about 10min after, somebody managed to get into my Sub account and change my email, and send a new game PW to that account, luckily i was ingame and therefore they couldnt log in, so i changed email back and got new password, however, whilst i was at work, they did the same, and took EVERYTHING off my chars but didnt delete. Whilst talking to ppl ingame after, i found that someone else (Adola) had also had someone change his email on his sub page after he had been on the Poll, this may be coincidence but either way i strongly suggest NOONE GOES ON THE POLL till it is fixed or indeed if it is.

Whilst this is being sorted, i have a few favours to ask from mids, albs, and hibs alike, from my stuff, 2 VERY rare and unique items were stolen, u find them u find the scammer, so if ANYONE sees the following items in emain, in hadrians, in DF, anywhere, plz post the name of the individual on this thread, and SS if u can
The 2 unique items are..

Great Shadowed Impaler: Couldnt find a SS of this, but its the only bow of its kind on prydwen, dropped of dragon once, and only once, It looks like the Alb longbow, but only in jet BLACK, so u see this bow, then thats the man

Blackhearted Spear:
Base tint is navy blue as its from TG, its a spear but looks more like an Albion polearm, youll know this spear when u see it, very unique shape to other spears so u can easily reconise.

Only 3 of its kind on mid atm, afaik Tvi has 1, and an inactive member of Baf has 1, so see anyone apart from Tvi with that spear, leave his name plz.

Well now i have no items etc, i wont be around much untill GOA change my sub pass, if they change my sub pass, if they do, ill come back and play the game i enjoy, if they dont, then ill be forced to retire, i HOPE ill cya all soon.
Happy Hunting.

C

cHodAX

If this is true then someone at GOA needs sacking and they need to seriously kiss your arse. Let us know what happens, we will start a petition if they do their usual trick and ignore you.

F

Fightersuntzu

what Chod said tbh, if GOA are letting passwords and stuff be stolen well........its just stupid :\

I

iziz

I reckon the poll is a very doubtful reason that someone would get into your account to change your email etc. You put your game password in there, not your subscription password.

M

Myddrin

Really bad news, fingers crossed it all gets sorted for you :(

G

granny

What Iziz said. I don't buy the idea that it's because of the poll.

Does anyone else have your account details?
Is the account bought off of ebay?
Do you have anti-virus software installed?
Is it regularly updated?
Do you have a firewall installed?
Do you use IRC without a bouncer or mode +x on quakenet?
Is your account information stored in a text file on your computer in any way?

If the answer to any onme of those questions is yes then I think there's a more likely source of your problems.

N

-Nxs-

Using the POLL, you enter your game password, its impossible to access your account information with this - you need the subscription pasword.

Also the applet that allows you to enter your password uses encryption so for someone to obtain your password they will need to have a keylogger on your computer.

Its clear in this case that someone has obtained yuor sub password - from other means.

L

liste

What NXS said.

nevertheless, passed on to relevant sources.

C

cHodAX

GOA keeps logs of who accessed the said account and they can trace it, the offender deserves a lifetime ban on all accounts.

S

speshneeds

awww shit, sux :\

i really hope you get it sorted, going to miss out emote sessions!

E

ev0_o

As ive found out from posts for u guys, it says enter game login pw, now when i did it, it DEFO asked for my sub pass, and ive got camelot-europe on favourites, so either camelot-europe got hacked or i somehow got a Ghost website :/

I

iziz

Originally posted by ev0_o
As ive found out from posts for u guys, it says enter game login pw, now when i did it, it DEFO asked for my sub pass, and ive got camelot-europe on favourites, so either camelot-europe got hacked or i somehow got a Ghost website :/

did you do it recently? If so, maybe check your history?

S

saijan_WarLord

Delete snornig, and ask to restore snornig from way back when u still had the unique items.

E

ev0_o

i aint touching that account till my sub pass is changed, as im not gonna work my way back up, get more cash, get more items, for the said person to come back and steal it all again, also, the scammer logged on / changed my PW on saturday too, probly to see if id gotten any more items to steal from my friends

J

Jupitus

Hmmm... don't you have a bit of a reputation for sharing/trading accounts? Says you sold one in your signature, for example.... I would suggest you ask your 'buddies' about this first, and as others have said, check firewall, virus scan and so on....

Trade/share accounts at your own risk, and don't bitch and whine if it all goes tits up for you as a result.

N

-Nxs-

Lol, Jup since when were you "Rhyming Master"
your 5 line statements, often a disaster
take head of my skill
or you'll be standing still
just call me your friendly headmaster

J

Jupitus

You think you're the friendly headmaster,
Yet I post both smarter and faster,
You shouldn't forget,
Or else you'll regret,
Locking horns with The Rhyming Master. ;)

N

-Nxs-

Well that must have exhaused your brain
repeating words from my chain
try harder next time
your OWN words to rhyme
and I'll have no cause to complain

F

freemem

Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
Delete snornig, and ask to restore snornig from way back when u still had the unique items.

i dont think character restore will restore items or cash due obvious duping possibility

N

-Nxs-

What's happened to your rhyming powers ?
My last post, unanswered for hours
Repenting your sins ?
for taking loger than 10 mins
<Nxs looks sharply at Jupitus and scours>

J

Jupitus

My rhyming skills are way too 'l33t',
They sweep ladies right off their feet,
I cannot say why,
You bother to try,
When obviously facing defeat :p

The words flow with evident grace,
The smile slips away from your face,
You know you can't win,
Or even begin,
To compete with my thought process pace ;)

And yet you may try one more time,
You're facing the Master of Rhyme,
Your brain seems too slow,
To process the flow,
Of poetry quite so sublime :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Jupitus
I cannot say why,
You bother to try,

You know you can't win,
Or even begin,

To process the flow,

/surrender

I cant top that :) well not before i go home, maybe later

J

Jupitus

I silenced the poor NXS,
Which many would view as success,
But being real kind,
I really don't mind,
If you want to try one more address ;)

Your poems are not really crap,
You came here, I gave you a slap,
But many do worse,
With lines of their verse,
Try again, it isn't a trap! :p

E

Easy

Originally posted by Jupitus
I cannot say why,
You bother to try,

You know you can't win,
Or even begin,

To process the flow,
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom