SC question

B

bracken_woodman

It seems that when imbuing items, its better if you group the same type of effects on single items (e.g all stats on one piece, all resists on another and so on). My question is if you group the same effect on a single piece will it stack ?

For example:

Just suppose I imbued one item with

Quickness +19
Constitution +19
Dex + 22
Dex +9

would the dex stack to give a gain of +31 ? Or is it limited to the highest value (in this case +22) ?

F

Flimgoblin

can't put the same bonus on twice...

so it wouldn't let you add the +9 dex gem

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
It seems that when imbuing items, its better if you group the same type of effects on single items (e.g all stats on one piece, all resists on another and so on)

It seems no such thing. Not at all true =)

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
can't put the same bonus on twice...

so it wouldn't let you add the +9 dex gem

True.

D

Draylor

Theres no need to keep stats/resists/skills grouped on 1 item, but the overall result will likely be better if you keep the imbue cost of the 4 gems on each item balanced as far as possible.

And no, 2 gems cant give bonuses to the same stat/skill on the same item. The calculator tool allows it - game doesnt.

T

Tilda

when im planning a spell craft i generally get the best jewelry possible, and then try to add 2 stats max to each armour piece (including hits) and 2 resists. This has worked on my SC set because on my staff I have 3x 50 Focus levels and a +17 matter resist. ;) that imo is the best way to do it.
I will keep experimenting with it and i intend to try putting +17 -+15 resists one ach piece then finishing the amour off with little bits although increasingly its not imbuw points that matter but having the slot space to put in everything I want to put in.

Tilda

B

belth

I'd say it's more the utility value that matters, putting a imbue-hungry gem like 15%-17% resist on each piece is driving the utility value down thru the floor - below 50 for a 37/32 piece.

I went with the 2x resist, rest something else way, got a pretty even 30/28 set (one piece 31/28), around 52 average UV. With MPs & high overcharge, 7-9 more UV towards average or so should be minimum.

Edit: late typo fix :rolleyes:

O

old.Astrix

Best way to make SCed armor is to look at the things you can't make first. Atm we can't make jewels, cloaks, rings and bracers. These things determen what your SCed armor is going to need!

If we can't get hold of jewels with cold resist then you'll need a SCed armor with cold resist. Remember alot of the drops have 1 or 2 slots which are useless to you! Sure the +8 cold resist is nice on your dropped cloak but what do you need the 10 Str for? You just got a cloak that''ll cost you 1 extra slot on your SCed armor!

Take the + 6 cold resist cloak with the +10 Int instead, sure you need to raise your resist on your SCed armor but i reackon you allready planned to put extra cold resist on it anyway so just raise it.

Best drops are still +skill drops since these take ALOT of imbue points, more then stats,resists,power and hits... Just make sure the other stats on it are useable aswell :p

Anyway back to your question: your SCed armor will be a mix of stats,skills,hits etc etc, this way you can raise some here and lower some elsewhere to get the best outcome and if you're lucky if might just cap you in all areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom