Sc question on skilling up

S

Skaven

I heard on one of the many threads here that yellows were best for skilling up on. Lvling up my armorcrafter I seem to of got a point every 2nd or 3rd attept on orange or yellow items - with scing im getting one on every 6th,7th or even more attepts - is it supposed to be this slow?

O

old.chipper

yup yellows is the best way to go not the fastest but certainly the cheapest

C

[CT] Sock

I read somewhere that oranges where the cheapest way to go but have a higher failure rate - so yeah, yellow / orange would be the cheapest and probably the best.

D

Draylor

Yellow items to skill up SC? Dont waste your gold.

Pick orange con item, your current skill+10 or so.

Make 20 - maybe 40 at higher levels when skillgain slows down

Repeat until bored, out of gold or 1000 skill.

And you should end up having spent significantly less than many ;)

I

i-scream

I always took light orange (just above my skills). At the end (+900) I seemed to be forced to take yellow or even blue because i failed and lost material every time (which was very expensive ofc).
And yes, it's normal it takes sooooo much time. Wait until you're going to imbue a full suit 99 % and you're going to overcraft it...

J

Javai

If you make yourself a nice list you can always skill on a gem that is within 4 points of your level. I found this fastest and cost doesn't seem to be out of line with other people (about 12-15p)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by i-scream
At the end (+900) I seemed to be forced to take yellow or even blue because i failed and lost material every time (which was very expensive ofc).
Sure with spellcrafting losses can be expensive - since the gems make up around 95% of the item cost.

If you make the item successfully but gain no skill youve lost 25% of the item cost (sellback)

I found taking the material losses was FAR cheaper than the increased number of successful makes with no skill gain. Material losses werent that common, with gem losses even rarer - losing other materials is no problem since in every case it was cheaper than the sellback loss on the item concerned. Sure sooner or later youll lose 2 or 3 gems in a row and think its a bad idea, but in the long run it works out just fine.

Youll NEVER lose materials making a yellow con item. Since blues will have (within a few silvers) the same cost to make but giving a far lower chance of skill gain theres no reason to skill on those.

Z

zlair

Im LGM SCer and lvling on orange was what I did cuz I found that was the cheapest way to lvl (even tho not the fastest)...

loosing stuff (even beyond 900+) is far more cheaper than making 15+ gems per point... Roughly at high orange u make 6 gems for each point and loose some material... but thats far cheaper than making yel cons imo.

M

Mishy

i've been leveling on orange con too, usually between 15-20 points above my level.... mostly find more skill ups this way, and havent lost too many gems, loosing the other materials is negligible since they are so cheap.

I had a good run from 780+ getting 1 point in every 2 makes, but i've not been so lucky past 810 :\

B

Bellona

i skilled up only making something that was MAX 9 skills above my lvl

that was first after 800 skill i think

M

mehuge

High Yellow, Low Orange +/- 4 levls from your current level all the way up. Material loss is neglegable. Fast and in my experience no more expensive than other methods. I skilled up on +10 or +15 oranges to start with and later switched to +/- 4 and its much faster and I have not noticed any increase in the number of successful makes with no skill. I did notice it varies/cycles. I will get a run of fails or successful makes with no skill, say a run of 30 tries, 5 - 10 successful makes and no skill, but then that is followed by a run where I skill up on every try or every few tries with few fails/success-no-skill, then into a run of a level every 5 or 10 tries, so it evens all out. Skilling up on +10 or higher gems is soo slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom