SC plate armour....nice stats but

S

Stormm

won't it look crap after running around in cool looking epic (plate)armour.... or am i just vain :uhoh:

(dont answer second question)

L

liste

im likely to stick to my epic too, for 2 reasons.

Its All About Style!

I cant be fuzzed to farm cash for the set, and i cant be fussed to make the template again, as done at 50 :)

D

Danya

I might tweak a few pieces... possibly the hauberk. ;)

R

Rasp

I'm going for a full set of spellcrafted armour and weapons. Saved up 11 plat so far and have another 350 diamond seals for trinketing helms as well.

S

Sade

Thats a rather large purse mate, the usual 700-750 metal working to trinket diamond stuff?

Wondering if its worth it getting from 600 Fletch-700-750 for the dia seals salvaging, seems alot of money can be made.

O

old.LandShark

So far the actual armor I will be SCing (full MP set apart from hauberk, which is 99%) has cost me around 5plat.
MP duskwood reinforced round shield will cost probably another plat? Not sure =)

The actual price to have stuff imbued is going to be laughable next to the price of the armor I'm imbuing :|

M

Meatballs

I am currently trying to make myself 2 sets of MP armour for both chars Im burning through cash quickly, done about 350 diamond seals last week and gotten back up to near 6 plat so I can continue, I only have 3 MPs so far :(

S

subski

u have the same choice to make when it comes to legion armor :p

R

Rasp

Originally posted by Sade
Thats a rather large purse mate, the usual 700-750 metal working to trinket diamond stuff?

Wondering if its worth it getting from 600 Fletch-700-750 for the dia seals salvaging, seems alot of money can be made.

We have a few crafters in the guild able to easily trinket the asterite bars salvaged from the abysmal plate helms. They've trinketted about 500 so far for me and generated a lot of cash though I do give them a 25% commision as it's a monotonous task.

Each abysmal helm which costs 18 diamond seals to buy generates over 18 gold per seal, so yes significant cash can be made.

I'm not sure what metalworking is required to trinket the asterite as crafting is something I have no interest in (yet).

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Rasp

Each abysmal helm which costs 18 diamond seals to buy generates over 18 gold per seal, so yes significant cash can be made.

It generates 16.5G, not over 18G.

I'm not sure what metalworking is required to trinket the asterite as crafting is something I have no interest in (yet).

800 metalworking.

O

old.Hobbes101

Asterite trinkets are a yellow con at 700 metalworking and I did make a few in the later 600s. Im not sure if you might not need a higher skill though to /salvage those helms for their full asterite return value. At 800 metallworking asterite trinkets are a grey con and so you should process them a lots faster - no fails.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.LandShark
So far the actual armor I will be SCing (full MP set apart from hauberk, which is 99%) has cost me around 5plat.
MP duskwood reinforced round shield will cost probably another plat? Not sure =)

The actual price to have stuff imbued is going to be laughable next to the price of the armor I'm imbuing :|
Why bother? Most of the minstrel epic has realy nice imbue/utility values (saw a thread on VN with an evaluation). I'm just going to swap out the hauberk (which has crap stats) and maybe a couple of the cheaper items like gloves or boots.

M

Meatballs

At 700 skill you can trinket asterite 1 bar at a time, at 750 you can trinket asterite bars 2 at a time (so you do it in half the time), and the effective cash output is identical. I could salvage the helms at about ~740 metalworking first time, so its probably ~700+ metalworking to be able to salvage helms.

Currently I been doing some breastplates which are bastards because you can spend 20 mins trying to get one to salvage, but when they do you get 200 asterite bars for 22 seals, instead of 133 for 18 so more cash per seal :)

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by Meatballs

Currently I been doing some breastplates which are bastards because you can spend 20 mins trying to get one to salvage, but when they do you get 200 asterite bars for 22 seals, instead of 133 for 18 so more cash per seal :)

Don't tell me you get 200 asterite bars for the 22 diamond seal hauberk ??
Or is it just because you're not a middie you get that much
;)

If I remember correctly, I get 159 asterite bars from that 22 diamond seal hauberk... And I have 1120+ metalworking

Y

Yussef

I'm going for a full MP set of Plate also, 3 MP armour pieces so far and a MP Sword.

Stats with my SC template:

200hp

+11 slash
+11 shield
+11 parry

75 con
75 str
75 dex

26% crush
26% slash
26% thrust

26% to all spell resists save one

Worth the money IMO

O

old.windforce

better not blow one up by overcharging.
MP's are expensive

read somewhere you can better overcharge 99% a bit more then use MP's

But i guess LGM smith's have loads of cash ;)

T

Tranquil-

The difference in imbue value of 99% items and 100% items are 4 imbuepoints, that adds up to alot of stats if you use 99% on all items.

D

Draylor

Well since I think the armsman epic armour is ugly as hell Ill be taking a spellcrafted suit.

You do get more imbue points for spellcrafting with 100% quality, but the cost of these items means most people are unlikely to risk overcharging them - unless of course theyre truly insane ;) Buying cheaper 99% quality pieces and overcharging them as far as possible is likely to give better results - if the item happens to explode it can be replaced relatively cheaply.

It will take people time to raise the cash/seals to buy the armour - but when compared with the time taken to complete all your epic quests to earn your epic armour it doesnt seem too bad. Besides the smart folks have been saving gold and buying their armour for quite some time now - the costs involved shouldnt surprise anyone.

A

Aeternus

Originally posted by old.Yussef
I'm going for a full MP set of Plate also, 3 MP armour pieces so far and a MP Sword.

Stats with my SC template:

200hp

+11 slash
+11 shield
+11 parry

75 con
75 str
75 dex

26% crush
26% slash
26% thrust

26% to all spell resists save one

Worth the money IMO

have you put in consideration that youve got rings and stuff with stats/resists?
And isnt the cap for skill+ 10 from items and 10 from realm ranks (20+total)?

I dont know if this is possible, but id need the following on my suit to cap EVERYTHING... except INT and skills... ill put the skill points on the weapon.

stats:
48str
29con
75dex
60qui

180hits...

resists:

22crush
10slash
6thrust
8heat
8cold