SC Overcharge

C

CliffyG

I'm just finishing off a template for my friar using no overcharge, but using just a 2 point overcharge on each item makes quite a lot of difference. How risky is this on all 99% LVL 51 items.

A

Alrindel

You have excellent odds of doing a 2 or 3 point overcharge on 99% quality items, especially if you use 99% or masterpiece jewels.

There is a chance you'll blow something up, but it's quite small.

C

CliffyG

OK thanks for that. I've used Leladia's tool to configure the template and it says material cost is about 240 gold. How much can i realisticly look at paying for the job. 6 Items and a weap.

M

mcirvine

i guess between 500g and 1P would do it
all depends how many tries it takes them to got the 99%+ jewels done for ya. Should be ok though i guess

C

CliffyG

Great, one more session in DF should do it :). Then i'll have to save up for 7 procs :).

S

Simius

For a 2 point overcharge you can get away with 98/97% quality gems, of the many I've done like that I havent had a single thing fail let alone explode.

A

Alrindel

So are you saying that you GUARANTEE that it won't explode and if it does you'll reimburse your customer the full price of the item you blow up?

Sweet!

O

old.mattshanes

Use all 99 qua gems,i did it for 8 items none blew up most were 32/28 it's suppose to be best with all 99 qua gems i been told but dont count me on it :p mine were high cost gems so price was 200-240g each peice of armour due to remakes of them.

B

Blood

matt you got ripped off, or have a stupid template :p

C

CliffyG

I've decided not to overcharge, what with cost of full set of armour and staff including procs on all pieces i just couldnt afford the extra on sc'ing. With a little re-hashing it hasn't made that much difference either.

P

Pin

9 items, all 32/28 overcharges. Used 98/99 gems for all. No blow-ups.

Total gem cost was 600g.

S

Sarnat

You're silly if you don't overcharge. Really.

C

CliffyG

Give me 500 gold and i'l be willing to overcharge :). Just spent all night in DF getting enough funds to sc as it is. Then i'll have to have another few sessions just to get all the procs done. The small gain isnt worth the cost in my eyes, i have a very nice end template which will do me fine :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom