SC current pricing

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ive been away for a while just wanted to know what ppl get charged per item/suit these days

would rather know by item though as many ppl use toa items now.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Tinyheals said:
i charge 5plat / fullsuit
you are greedy tho :>
ive seen prices for full oc'd/mp sets from 1,5p to about 5plat.
think most are 2,5-4p~ now days tho.
not that i ever whould make a set for less then 5 :p

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
I charge per gem retry, I won't go past 2 P (if it does I let it stay on 2 P, this is for a 8-part set if more (like necro's) then I do have a higher max and that's 2.5 P then). I've had suits which only took 700 G and highest is 2.5 P for a necro suit (10-part). So if yah lucky you get a cheap suit if yah unlucky you pay 2 P max.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Khale said:
I charge per gem retry, I won't go past 2 P (if it does I let it stay on 2 P, this is for a 8-part set if more (like necro's) then I do have a higher max and that's 2.5 P then). I've had suits which only took 700 G and highest is 2.5 P for a necro suit (10-part). So if yah lucky you get a cheap suit if yah unlucky you pay 2 P max.

and where is your profit for 2 hours useless ultraboring crafting.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
most ppl ive had sc of charge around 300g per part on a mp and 250 on a 99% thats on alb anyway

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Technodave said:
most ppl ive had sc of charge around 300g per part on a mp and 250 on a 99% thats on alb anyway

Those are people who craft because its fun.

100g of those are materialprice, and each part takes an average of about 15-20 minutes to complete, that makes the profit emmm ~500g /h

some ppl work for $1 an hour too

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
for mp sets whit full oc it usualy takes more then 2hours tho.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i had 1 set 10 pieces in total, took me 6 hours to complete once (yes i was very unlucky) i got 2plat for it
sometime after that i refused to SC unless it was well worth it

im thinking along the lines of 400-500g per item for a 4/5 OC

so your basically saying 3.2p-4p for a 8 piece SC suit considering ppl are paying upwards of 12 plat and higher for 1 artifact i think its relavtively cheap

anyway oppinions plz :)

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
prices

i don't craft much anymore.... (friends only!!!)
normally i charge cost +10% don't need to make monny on it... just doing it to help them and my guild :)

any befor u start spaming me.... guildies/friends only :touch:

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
I used to charge 300 per item with 5 oc and a little less than that for guild and alliance. However i havent done any sc since toa yet, but it might be worth it to take TOA into account.
I havent answered the question to myself yet if sc> making cash in toa.
Its possible that im still gonna sc for guild and alliance and that im gonna close the bladi sc inc for people outside the alliance. No matter how you turn it sc is timeconsuming and the amount of shit you get by even naming your fair prices is sometimes absurd.
But than again i also like to help people.
First thing :D however is getting my second account back that has my scer on it so its all rather hypothetical at the moment.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
With all the artes though people most likely won't be ordering full suits anymore. I'm guessing 4-5 items per order... somewhere along those lines.
I've just now done my first set again for a guildie who traded something he needed for my prime skillz...

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Tinyheals said:
and where is your profit for 2 hours useless ultraboring crafting.

Cost != Retry Cost There is my profit.

Chilly

Balls of steel
haha, glad im an alch :p

seriously though.......alch owns :)

no money in it anymore though, good thing i got fat off albion a long time ago :D

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Ive given up scing. Typically, to make an armour set of six items, you've got to make 200+ gems to get your your 24 x 99%. Ive taken 3 to 4 hours to do this! No amount of money is worth all the pissing around!

As we cant give cap bonus or melee speed increases etc then who wants anything much scing anyway. Go for TOA farmed stuff! It's far cheaper. Used to be king in SI! Now all that money and time appear to have been totally wasted with toa implementation.
:puke:

Raguel

Fledgling Freddie
Evok said:
Ive given up scing. Typically, to make an armour set of six items, you've got to make 200+ gems to get your your 24 x 99%.

Little info:
2X98 and 2X99 never blew up on me on a 5.5pt OC
And i lower 1% for every point below 5.5 OC
So 3pt would be 4X98.....saves a lot of time mate...i'm doing a sc build in 1-1.5h max

CHeers,

Martha Inc.

Gravmaskin

Fledgling Freddie
if SCing MP-part i go for 99% gems or better, just to be really sure

btw i charge 600g/item no matter of OC or level on item, im so bored at crafting and when u can have like 700g/hour farming DF (and mid mostly have it) and that is more fun then sittning in AH beeing frustrated when just getting low-quality gems

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Ive blown up with 1 x 98% on 5.5 oc on 99% quality item. may have been unlucky but Ive never risked it again. I'm sure you be only to happy to explain to owner of mp scale hauberk that you have made a SMALL mistake!!

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Evok said:
Ive blown up with 1 x 98% on 5.5 oc on 99% quality item. may have been unlucky but Ive never risked it again. I'm sure you be only to happy to explain to owner of mp scale hauberk that you have made a SMALL mistake!!

All slots filled with gems (3x99 + 1x98)?

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
Well you are the first I know of m8. I had a m8 blow up an item but thats cause he left a slot empty, which there for of course counts as 94% by default.

Anyway, I agree that SC is a ball ache, even using the rules in terms of average 98.5% for 5pt oc etc etc. I would rather spend my time leveling an arti in a good place for scroll drops - which can then sell in housing. So you lvl you arti and make more money than you would have SCing in the same time. Maybe once demand drops for scrolls and prices drop this will change...

Anyway in terms of the original question, for the very odd jobs I now take and before I stopped taking order, I charge a set price of 300g per item - maybe charging less if a low overcharge, and only if a staff with 99% focus gems might I charge more. 300g still gives you a healthy profit, without feeling like you ripped someone off - but having said that I dont really take orders now - so people that charge a bit more fair enough in some ways....

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I charge 400 G/item flat (materials included) for 5 OC.

TBH I have such high request atm that I am sincerely considering about rising
prices just a bit....

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I charge 300 per item. TBH i avoid bg suits like the plague as i cannot justify 300 gold and hence the time and effort.

Had no moans yet as to the prices I charge, my answer to any who do would be, roll yourself a scer and see how dull it is.

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
as far as i know the overcharge chance takes the average of all four gems rounded up, not the sum of them. therefore 2x98 and 2x99 = 99. ive used this method for ages and the only time ive every blown something up was when a silly guildy forgot to put another gem on an item and got the dreaded 'nothing is 94%' scenario. 99x3 + 94 /100 = 97 = boom :(

depending on the gems, ive never actually spent more than about 500 gold in making a full 8 piece set using this method. tis quite nice indeed :X

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Raguel said:
Little info:
2X98 and 2X99 never blew up on me on a 5.5pt OC
And i lower 1% for every point below 5.5 OC
So 3pt would be 4X98.....saves a lot of time mate...i'm doing a sc build in 1-1.5h max

CHeers,

Martha Inc.
Ive been doing 2x98 2x99 on 5.5pt since way back and have done quite a few suits this way and have yet to have an explosion.

Another tip, make all your high level gems first, and if a 98% pops, keep it and move on to the next gem. Usually you can easily do a full suit without having to upgrade any of your 98% pops to 99% and you only ever have to "try" for a 99% on some low level gem that costs jack all to make.

Still a pain in the butt to keep track of everything and where your up to. I use a spreadsheet to help me.

I used to charge 1.5-2p for guild members, and 3p for random adds (for 8pcs full o/c) but there was little profit in it still, easier to farm df. That often included giving advice about a template which was very time consuming.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
I don't SC for public (too much hassel tbh and i'd rather just cashfarm on my necro or arms) but for guild I do cost price, although usually i get a small tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom