SC - anyone else not have a clue?

N

nume

Ok so everyone's having a party doing Spell Crafting and here I am feeling like a noob not having a clue what the details are.

What I need is a good noob FAQ on how it all works from a customers point of view.

For example:-
How many different bonueses can you get SC'd into an item?

How high can the bonuses be on different things i.e. resists/hps/skills/etc?

I need help :rolleyes: :D

:edit: almost forgot, anyone know a site that gives a guide on pricing as I want to know how much I need to save up

O

old.LandShark

Pricing help you can find at http://theharms.org/daoc/
Also a nifty program that lets you set up your SC suit more easily.
Basically what you need to know is this: spellcrafters make gems, and are able to combine these gems with crafted armor pieces, giving the crafted armor stats.
Any crafted armor/weapon piece has an imbue capacity, 32pts on a masterpiece AF102/16.5dps item for example. Gems use up imbue points. If you use up more imbue pts than the item has capacity, then you're overcharging, and risk blowing yourself and the item to kingdom come. The chance of succeeding an overcharge is based on the skill of the crafted, the amount you're OCing by, and the quality of the spellcrafted gems used. (yes folks, you may get some gits like me who want every single item overcharged heavily and thus will ask for masterpiece gems to avoid blowing up their 10plat armor suit.:p)

For a full FAQ, go to http://www.camelotherald.com/documentation/spellcraft/
and settle down for a year to read it :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I thought it was only the crafter that blew up, NOT the item they are trying to craft.

P

Pin

Well, either of them, or both of them. It's much rarer for the items to go pop.

D

Draylor

At lvl 50 the caps from items are:

+26% resist
+200 hits
+75 stat
+11 skill

You can have up to 4 bonuses per item - but cant have 2 increasing the same stat on the same item.

Get the tool Landshark linked to and see what you can come up with. It gives you the cost of materials to make the spellcrafting gems required. Expect to pay more to allow for the spellcrafters profit (but not the rather crazy profits some of them seem to think they'll get away with). If you are overcharging the items then youll require 99% quality gems - expect to pay roughly 3 times the material cost shown for these.

I wouldnt worry too much about not understanding the details, half the wannabe-spellcrafters in Camelot at the moment really dont seem to know what theyre doing either ;)

T

Tilda

the price isnt that accurate on the SC program.
if you want to craft your self your looking at 20 odd plat up to 1001+ although its only takes 1 plat to get to about 700 SC :)
which i should be by tomorrow evening as long as these coffee pills hold out :merlin:

If you want to get some stuff SC'ed then its acctually relativly cheap. it costs under 200 gold to get a level 50 item SC'ed (without an overcharge) although most SC'ers will probably charge you much more because of the time and large ammounts of money they put into it.

Tilda

D

Draylor

Yeah Tilda - exactly what I meant.

Those folks expecting to see their 20 plat 'investment' returned any time soon will I expect find out fairly quickly that it just isnt going to happen.

We'll see what happens, but the number of people trying to skill a spellcrafter/alchemist will probably keep prices reasonable.

N

nume

Thanks alot for the info i'll have a look at those links :)

H

hercules-df

hehehehehehehe

cant wait to see those crafters explode, all those wall stairers going BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM had pics or movies yet?

D

dropkick

Make a event out of it , get all the SC's in a enclosed area bet to see who will blow up first when they try to overcharge double payout if the caster and item blowsup, at then end auction the items.

B

Bleri McThrust

The cost of getting any Crafter to LGM status isnt cheap :(.

Personally I didnt go into it to make a quick profit, and I think anyone who thinks there going to are sorely mistaken.

It will be interesting to see how the SC and Alchemy prices turn out in a couple of weeks.

Personally Im not in any rush to SC any Armour, what with SI and its uber new items and quests coming along soon :).

T

Treniel-

FC sponsered Tilda cus

A) we get free (or near to it) SC
B) shes in guild..

H

heath

I second that.....fantastic job you did for my sword earlier Tilda....many many thanks. /bow

P.S..where the hell do i get all those smart smileys...animation ones and mexican wave ?? (o:

T

Tilda

when your typing a message look down and left below the submint reply and click on Smilies, it opens a window :)

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom