SB spec?

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
k can ne one help me with the spec of a non auto trained SB, i want to remain Crit spec until i get used to the char better, i realise that 21crit and 19 stealth are essential, but wat is more important, high wep skill e.g 15 axe 5 LA and 12 env, or higher env ?

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
it would be easier if everyone could stop posting in prydwen forum since its obsolete now. and excals bg forum has more readers

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Until the two server forums get merged, can we try to stick to excal please :)

In answer to your question though, my spec is:

19 Stealth
19 Axe
21 CS
6 Env
6 LA

Though that is with auto-trained stealth, without it I'd go for:

19 Stealth
19 Axe
21 CS
5 Env
4 LA

Though I use 2-h and only ever switch to 1-h if I'm unstealthed and my target has bladeturn (not fun hitting bladeturn when your 2-h weapon has a 6sec delay) and if that is the case then generally I've fucked up somewhere and I deserve to die. Even when I switch to 1-h though I still find I use garrote a lot because usually my target is trying to run away, and the hindered effect is handy, so I just put any 'spare' points into LA. Personally I don't see why anyone would want to go crit spec and not use 2-h, yeah sure you're a one trick pony but its a damn fun trick!

Also I (personally) would never go lower than 19+5 Axe because that way I know for sure that I will hit for decent damage, I will always hit casters for minimum 450 and will often get 515 (seems to be my damage cap) without crits, you'll see that kind of damage a lot less often if you have lower axe.

Hope that helps.

- Crite

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Until the two server forums get merged, can we try to stick to excal please :)

In answer to your question though, my spec is:

19 Stealth
19 Axe
21 CS
6 Env
6 LA

Though that is with auto-trained stealth, without it I'd go for:

19 Stealth
19 Axe
21 CS
5 Env
4 LA

Though I use 2-h and only ever switch to 1-h if I'm unstealthed and my target has bladeturn (not fun hitting bladeturn when your 2-h weapon has a 6sec delay) and if that is the case then generally I've fucked up somewhere and I deserve to die. Even when I switch to 1-h though I still find I use garrote a lot because usually my target is trying to run away, and the hindered effect is handy, so I just put any 'spare' points into LA. Personally I don't see why anyone would want to go crit spec and not use 2-h, yeah sure you're a one trick pony but its a damn fun trick!

Also I (personally) would never go lower than 19+5 Axe because that way I know for sure that I will hit for decent damage, I will always hit casters for minimum 450 and will often get 515 (seems to be my damage cap) without crits, you'll see that kind of damage a lot less often if you have lower axe.

Hope that helps.

- Crite

ya n1 mate ty for thatthink ill gif that a go, so i presume u use mornin rage ?

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
TriggerHappy said:
ya n1 mate ty for thatthink ill gif that a go, so i presume u use mornin rage ?

Crafted axe is better due more stats/skills you can but on it than MR has. MR is a nice axe might you not have alot of money though.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
exponentiaL said:
Crafted axe is better due more stats/skills you can but on it than MR has. MR is a nice axe might you not have alot of money though.
I disagree, its not hard to cap everything (and overcap some stats in thid), so imo you pick a weapon for the damage it does, not the stats. Mourning Rage cannot be beaten for frontloaded damage as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint about it is I that you cant put a proc on it like you could a crafted weapon.

EDIT: Oh and it looks really pathetic, smallest 2-h axe I've ever seen!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
BlitheringIdiot said:
I disagree, its not hard to cap everything (and overcap some stats in thid), so imo you pick a weapon for the damage it does, not the stats. Mourning Rage cannot be beaten for frontloaded damage as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint about it is I that you cant put a proc on it like you could a crafted weapon.

EDIT: Oh and it looks really pathetic, smallest 2-h axe I've ever seen!

lvl 23 dps aswell.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
No good asking me. I keep telling peeps how I play but I don't tell everything so it more or less renders my spec - eh useless to them. When I have tried to explain I haven't met one person that could either follow what I do or be able to do what I do after being told. Waste of time.

I got beat up pretty badly not so long ago in a duel with an sb. My memory - can't remember who again now? She used that mourning rage axe (and imbalance - piff). 3 hits and I was out of it. I also heard she took out Grammaton when he was fully buffed and toa'd so going along those lines looks to be the way. The 'way' being probably 21 in crit, 19 stealth, rest in axe with very little envenom. You won't win every fight cos if they evade or you miss with the mourning rage axe you are more or less done for. 6 secs delay on each swing? You could though run-through like an idiot if you miss until you recover or use imbalance and backoff - like the sb did to me. To be honest I wouldn't play such a spec, though if I did I wouldn't hunt casters with it cos it too brutal but I would use it to see if I could take out infs etc - any melee type. After u kill a few casters in one hit the fun goes out of it. Great for keep takes etc though. For long term enjoyment though you have to become good or better than good at melee. Then the real excitement begins.

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
just a question here, i was wonderin if it is possible to chacnge the spec
21 crit 19 stealth 19 axe 6 env 5 LA to...
21 crit 19 stealth 19 L A 6 env 5 axe

i prefer using dual weild and was just wonderin if i would actually hit hard with such low basic axe ? my reason for this is that my current SC is worked around havin the LA out, just wonderin if ne one has ne idea

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Might be worth a shot. I have played with 25 in poison and just 2 in axe - 21 crit and the rest in la. Still killed plenty with it. Thing is about poison it cuts through everything and the 22 debuff is sure handy too. Trouble is like Manic says you will be in a great deal of trouble if you are weakened - but you will be whatever spec you care to choose. I think though with such low axe you will miss a fair bit but I can't remember it happening that much when I had low axe though - some time ago. SBs sure got a crap setup eh. La ruins every bloody thing.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
No good asking me. I keep telling peeps how I play but I don't tell everything so it more or less renders my spec - eh useless to them. When I have tried to explain I haven't met one person that could either follow what I do or be able to do what I do after being told. Waste of time.

I got beat up pretty badly not so long ago in a duel with an sb. My memory - can't remember who again now? She used that mourning rage axe (and imbalance - piff). 3 hits and I was out of it. I also heard she took out Grammaton when he was fully buffed and toa'd so going along those lines looks to be the way. The 'way' being probably 21 in crit, 19 stealth, rest in axe with very little envenom. You won't win every fight cos if they evade or you miss with the mourning rage axe you are more or less done for. 6 secs delay on each swing? You could though run-through like an idiot if you miss until you recover or use imbalance and backoff - like the sb did to me. To be honest I wouldn't play such a spec, though if I did I wouldn't hunt casters with it cos it too brutal but I would use it to see if I could take out infs etc - any melee type. After u kill a few casters in one hit the fun goes out of it. Great for keep takes etc though. For long term enjoyment though you have to become good or better than good at melee. Then the real excitement begins.
yet another epeen post..

To sum it up MJK basically meant this!!
MKJ said:
LOL MEIGHTS!! ATTENTION PLEASE!!!..

No one here can play like me!
I rock the BG of THIDRANKEEEE!
With Run through,kite and special things
I drop you down and ding my epeen
So if you see me out in thid
Expect another pointless vid
All i do is seek attention
Its an illness i have, i thought id mention,
Thats enough of this stupid post!
Its back to thid and time to roast!!

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Nope I always speak the truth. Tis why my posts have impact cos everyone knows I mean wot I say.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Nope I always speak the truth. Tis why my posts have impact cos everyone knows I mean wot I say.

You go on about " i dont play daoc anymore, its in the past " bla bla bla bla

But you sit and spam f5 to refresh and see if anyone has made a post about you =\

get
a
life
love
jamie x x x x x x x

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:

No you dont. You are perfectly happy to lie when it suits you.
You previously claimed on more than one occasion to have killed me but have never yet given any proof.
Indeed you actually called me a liar because I stated that you had never killed me.
Thugs ...... the truth is a stranger to you.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
TriggerHappy said:

i prefer using dual weild and was just wonderin if i would actually hit hard with such low basic axe ? my reason for this is that my current SC is worked around havin the LA out, just wonderin if ne one has ne idea

As it s your main weapon skill ea. AXE that determine your dam with only 5 axe U would do much lower dam both with your crit LA and axe style + U would miss more if U go 5 axe U might aswell use a staff for the crush dam ;)

the good LA styles comes at thid < lvl nice evade chain at 39 and so :drink:

Hope it helps

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:

you suck and you know it ;)

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:
you suck and you know it ;)
aargh.. had a catchy post on this.. but I forgot it :( meh... I'll post it when I remember it again then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom