??? SB Question ???

A

Archeon

I recently started an SB alt with the sole intention of stabbing several kinda of... urmm well :)

anyway i've gotten a little pissed with people telling me that they want tanks in there group not stealthers so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on soloing for an SB?

O

old.chesnor

advise on soloing for an SB....

Yeah, delete and roll a tank or healer.

Just my little joke :)

Levelling a Shadowblade makes people go crazy. It is a hard, hard road. You will be refused groups purely on the grounds of your class thousands of times. It is only for the truly patient and truly determined. If you are finding it tough to get grouped now, at higher levels it will make you weep.

I would suggest grouping with other Shadowblades who also have difficulty finding groups. If you can't find anyone to group with, try to pick mobs weak against your attack type, who also have a negative penalty on leather armour. This Bestiary allows you to enter your attack type and armour type, and displays mobs that are weak to your attack etc.. Also, try kill tasks to get to lvl20, as these are normally on blue mobs, that you should be able to kill easily, and the exp is good. You can get kill tasks from the named guards in most towns or guard towers.

Good luck.

O

old.Runolas

Hi Archeon

Did a little copy/past for you.'

This is a guide to let my fellow shadowblades know where I have personally had success soloing. This is not meant to be the definitive guide - I'm sure I will leave out your own personal favorite place/critter, so you have my apologies in advance.

Up to level 5:
Doesn't matter. Kill things in newbieland. Enjoy these two hours of mindless romping.

Levels 5 and 6:
Svewolf mothers north og the Audliten fort. They are level 5 critters, and weak to your slashing attack. They also have a weak attack against leather (thrust).

Levels 7, 8, and 9:
Get thee to Fort Atla. There are poison vendors and a trainer there, so this will be your base of operations. Head south towards Galplen and cross the bone bridge near Naliten. To your left will be a larghe field of carrion crawlers and carrion eaters (and a few tawny lynx - avoid them like the plague). These critters are very good targets for shadowblades, since they have a thrusting attack. They also are not social or aggro, so you can count on fighting one at a time. When these critters start to go green on you, there are higher level ones a little farther south and west. Go to the south shore of the lake and follow the road west. You'll run right into a group of the higher level ones. This can easily take you to level 10.

Levels 10-11:
Head south to Galplen and bind there. wim across the lake there toward the hut on the other side (Gna Faste). While swimming, keep a sharp lookout for Njessi, the lake monster, as she'll ruin a perfectly good swim otherwise. Our targets for this level are grey worgs, shadows, and decaying trolls, all of which can be found in the area right next to the Gna Faste hut and guard tower. Their armow is weak against slashing, and their attack is weak against leather - what a combination!

Levels 12-16:
Trees Trees Trees! From Gna Faste, head along the road southeast from the guard tower, along the lake shore. To your left will be a stand of weeping willows. These critters are aggressive, but not social - you can often pull one away from a friend standing next to him. Their armor is very weak against slashing - they will go down fast. However, they do have a nasty direct damage spell that can and will take you out once or twice in these levels. There are two other areas of these willows if you head northwest from the Gna Faste hut along the road, on your right, by the lake shore. These are popular to hunt and will often be camped, but I have found there to be no better targets for these levels.

Huginfel at lvl 14 you can do kill task that give you 50,000(exp). Lots of Blue - Orange's out there.

Levels 17-18:
From Gna Faste, head northwest along the road until you get to the weepin willow area. Turn west and head into the forest. You will soon hit tinglers, great tinglers, and arachites. The tinglers will be green/blue to you and not a big problem, but not very great hunting either. Th great tinglers and arachites will be from blue to orange and are excellent hunting. Thheir attack ir weak against leather (noticing a trend here?) but they are social and will mob you if you aren't careful. In particular, watch for the arachite priests - they cast root on you and will heal their friends, so they are your primary target if you happen to pull two at once. These levels are tricky, and might be better done in a group.

Levels 16-21:
Great tinglers are a fine target, since they have a penalty to their attack against leather. They can be found near Gna Faste, to the NW.

Levels 19-22:
More Trees! We've graduated to Shrieking Willows now, who are a lot like their little friends the weeping willows, but these have a lot bigger direct damage spell. They can be found all around the lake to the west of Gna Faste.

The Werewolf spawns by the Shrieking willows near the entrance to Skona. No adds, Quick easy kills. They sit still for you

22 at. Southwest area of Skona ravine towards the corner is a spot with giant tree frogs, woodland badgers, and dryad blossoms and greenthumbs. These were all yellow, but went down fairly easily. I had maybe 3 deaths and I did a complete level here. It is off the beaten path, so it is rarely hunted. The mobs all have a nice bonus, which really helps. Adds are possible here, but by this level if you've been soloing a SB you know to check your 6 before attacking.

Another spot to go in these levels is West Svealand to hung rabid and frothing sveawolves. If you go this route (they are usually less camped than the trees), bind in Audliten, head to the fort to the north of there, and follow the road west. When the road branches to the north, heading to Vindsaul faste, just keep going west. Eventually, you'll see a fortress ahead of you. Do not try to make friends there, it's full of blodfelags. There will be a place where the road forks again. This is the start of the wolf spawning area. They are levels 18-22 or so, and are ideal targets. The only bad thing is that they are aggro and social, so be careful of your surroundings while hunting there.

Levels 23-31:
The frontiers and Muspleheim offer good hunting for these levels. In Muspelheim, the fire ants and soor harvesters are nice targets - but be careful of the ants, they will go boom (a direct damage spell) and like to gang up on you. In the frontiers, either Uppland or Yggdra, you'll find chislers and frosty scuttlebugs to hunt. Up to this point, you could probably handle yellow con critters just fine, but I personally backed off and started fighting blues during these levels. When the scuttlebugs and chislers go green on you, it's time for white wolves, but only the blue ones!

plasmatasms near the lord fire spawn in Muspelheim, from the bridge it takes them a while to get to you so usually they dont get even 1 hit in. plus there's lots of them so you only stop for endurance.

Level 32
I'm not taking on raukomaz, seared skeletons and mephic ghouls. I prefer teh raukomaz but they spawn slowly, ghouls are great as the spear of elements gives a nice fat bonus against them

Levels 35-39
The Werewolf Guard spawns along the edges of Skona Ravine. Same reasoning. No adds, Quick easy kills. They sit still for you. *with these make sure you move after you kill em, and fast. Sometime they will respawn in 5 seconds, meaning you have to fight another.

Levels 38/39
trees in SW skona by the skogs. Clear the skogs with a friend till no scouts are left then do trees with no problems.. you often find hunters here pickin off trees too, so you can work together to get rid of skog scouts. Sometimes other groups come through and nail the skogs while trying to find the 1 drop spawn.. you'll know where it is if you hang here a while. Don't tell 'em, its fun to watch 'em squirm!

Levels 40-45
Spindels that are inside on the left hand side near the crab room in Spindelhalla, i know i take people in there to PL and as long as you get your styles down you can get a yellow, needs more testing but i think it can work... so if your template is strong and you should be able to take the yellow cons

Spindels and Spindel Silksters. These are non BAF, no aggroes in the whole area. They hit really soft with huge negatives to damage. I usually see 100 damage (-21) on these. Even when they were red.
Spindels have been bread and butter since level 41 or so, and I woulda been there sooner if I had known about them. I'm still soloing there at 45, just because they die so fast and cause so little damage. To get to spindels, go to spindelhalla, head into the crab/scorpion area from thralls and make two lefts. The whole area is full of neutral spindels, with an occassional arachite or hallaratta that might be aggro. Be aware that the arachites will sometimes call for help which will bring the spindels down on you like a ton of trolls. Also, every 1000 fights or so the spidels will baf on you even when solo. I've had this happen about 5 times now, and had an arachite call for help once. Needless to say, your life expectancy goes down a lot in these situations

WW's in Varulvhamn are good,

Level 40
do the little mephit guys right near there (SW skona). They nuke but RARELY, and they are plentiful, non social, and go down pretty well.

Level 41
varulv.. do werewolfs at the entrance till ya puke. They all blue and a few yellow, but trust me.. do fast blues cuz they drop so quick the xp is better then takin a beat down from yellows.

Level 42
move lower.. look into the dual wolfspider spawn near the lords.. if you kill lords a bunch with a friend when you can, your faction will be very good with all the wolves from those spiders to the entrance.. so if you have to flee you can w/o problems, and usually find somebody on the bridge to help ya out.

You can also do lunarians at 42 but they sometimes baf.. I'd go there IF some other guys are there soloing and you can get a mutual back-watching deal going. Its a little social for my tastes, but it works well..

Level 43+
you can keep doing wolfspiders and lunarians, or move to vanern to do clay jotuns (and earn yourself some armour if you were lacking in that department).

I hope this helps.

O

old.Varg

Knowing what awaits in coming patches (no more one-shot in stealth and stuns reduced by resists), I think the wisest route for your training is close to that of my 50 shadowblade Varg, the way of the shadowzerker.

This will end you up with a template

stealth: 30-36
envenom 29-36
Left axe: 44-50
Axe: 44-50
Crit: 2 or 10

Incidently this makes for the easiest soloing.

Following this basic rule:

Keep left axe at you level, keep axe and envenom high. Use enervating and DOT to kill weak yellow and oranges from the list above.

Don't train stealth at all, until you want to rvr, this way you will enjoy the benefits of auto-training. Autotraining means that you trainer will look to that you always have (Your level) / 4 trained in stealth, without costing you any spec points.

If you autotrain all the way to 48 (I did to 44), you get 12 stealth (or 77 spec points) extra to spend on your other skills.

But more importantly stealth doesnt do anything at all for you while you level, those points are much better invested in damage output, thus auto-training is one of those rare win-win deals :)

Good luck.

A

Archeon

thx for the advise everyone, but whats in the next few patches that makes 1-shotting so hard?

O

old.Runolas

Varg is right, a Shadowzerker is easier to lvl, and perhaps easier to grp with too, as they deal more dmg. What you could do is Spec as a Shadowzerker up to late 38-41 then dump point’s into CS. If you look to the US-severs you will find out that the CritBlade is loosing popularity, more and more ppl are speccing SZ or 5-spec.

F

FrenzerX

still dont get it whyo peeps dont want to group with shadowblades...
they're the same as berserkers, much damage, less defence

and in RvR everybody needs a SB in group, to scout around, and attack healers/casters inside keeps, etc...

So start inviting SB to groups. Do it for your realm! :)

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by Archeon
thx for the advise everyone, but whats in the next few patches that makes 1-shotting so hard?

The reason is that now you can walk up to someone and kill him in one blow and still stay hidden. In 1.50 you will no longer stay hidden even if you one-shoot. This will change where your are hunting, who you are hunting, and how you are hunting.

O

old.MallusTheGimp

Don't mean to troll but is that Archeon from mir? I remember you from a LONG time ago if it is the same guy i am thinking of, so send me a private msg or something. Btw its MMowglie here :)

O

old.Varg

Originally posted by FrenzerX
still dont get it whyo peeps dont want to group with shadowblades...
they're the same as berserkers

The problem with shadowblades and groups is that we do a huge amount of damage more or less instantly thus prone to draw aggro. A SB must manage his own aggro to avoid too much healer spent mana.

My guess is that too many SBs has irritated too many groups.

When you get 45+ though you should have an easier time, as people count on your ability to avoid aggro.

S

Slinker

Hi Runolas

Just a couple of quick questions , I'm thinking about making an SB and am reading threads left right and centre to get the feel of them , a couple of things in your post needs clarifying for me :)

1, Lvls 23-31 plasmatasms , kill them before they get to you ? Do throwing weapons do that much damage :)

2 , Lvl 32 killing Raukomaz , use the spear of elements , never read anywere SB's using spears , I need to know more on this :)

Like I say never ever played or know much about them so i need those 2 things clearing up a bit .

Also across the bridge from Naliten Carrion crawlers con grey up and down that spot at lvl 9 , with rare greens , and Carrion eaters con green at 9 with a very rare blue , so not really that good at lvl 9 .

Thanks in advance for any replies

H

Haldar

i solo'd my SB till 31

20-23 spiders in musp

24-27 - fire ants, stand approx at 12k, 23k and pull them with daggers, they run at bottom of the valley.

plasmatasms spawn near that place approx at 22.00 and wander there till 6.00.

u can kill them and fire lizards if bonus from ants drop too low or if u are bored :)

28 - noxious hounds, 3 gropus of them in musp. dont try nocuous hounds! they have a really bad dot - 50 per tick..

29-31 seared skeletons, mephetic ghouls. there are lots of them in musp, 4 big camps near entrance so u can move freely around them

D

daarken

Originally posted by caelithar
Hi Runolas

Just a couple of quick questions , I'm thinking about making an SB and am reading threads left right and centre to get the feel of them , a couple of things in your post needs clarifying for me :)

1, Lvls 23-31 plasmatasms , kill them before they get to you ? Do throwing weapons do that much damage :)

2 , Lvl 32 killing Raukomaz , use the spear of elements , never read anywere SB's using spears , I need to know more on this :)

its basically a compilation guide for midgard rogue classes posted on VN boards

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=24885813&page=1

read replys for more helpful spots as well

S

Slinker

Cheers m8

It was only when I thought about it later I realised it was for hunters too :) Take care

Users who are viewing this thread