save the /rude

O

old.CrazyMuppet

why is it only the french that complain?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by nicky-nook
ROFL

/joeydeacon

Was that the old Blue Peter thing :D

Aye, that's the one. :)

Poor old Blue Peter thought they could raise the awareness of disability to the youth of late 70's Britain by showing a series of features on some poor chap with cerebral palsy (Joey Deacon).

Did the youth of Britain learn to accept disability in a sensitive and mature way? Did they learn the lesson that physical disability and mental disability were not always linked?

Did they hell.

What they did do was turn the "Joey Deacon emote" into the most widely used insult the countries schools had ever seen.

It looks like his legacy lives on

Ho hum :)

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
why is it only the french that complain?
Ah, you're new to Barrysworld, then?

E

Elvewen

If they want to change the /rude and keep it within the correct (ish) time frame they should change it a to stick two fingers up (V) guesture.

This was used by the British longbow men (aka Scouts) to taunt the French to show they had their two bow fingers intact.

:clap:

But somhow I dont think GOA would go for this idea.

O

old.Tohtori

People...in black and white striped shirts, baskers, batong(?) in one hand and a cigar in one hand, curvy mustache on their upper lip leaning against a trendy table playing daoc on a mac...

Can you come up with something that they don't find rude?

G

granny

Hang on... some French people complain to an American company about something...

Hmm...

This is shortly after the American's view of the French drops to an all-time low after France's attempts to thwart US imperialism....

:rolleyes:

/em expects to see Mythic introduce 7 or 8 new versions of /rude including one that invovles specifically blowing raspberries at French people.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Alrindel
Ah, you're new to Barrysworld, then?

Well since about an hour ago, BW thinks i Talk Too Much....

so....

Actually the Dutch are known to complain a lot...irl

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by The Real Redi
err, maybe i sound like a bit of a n00b knowing this, but is the "cross chop" old /taunt thing pretty similar to Degeneration X, of WWF fame in the mids to late 90s?
/q

now that you mention it..it indeed DOES have remarcible similarity to their taunt..tho it isn't completely the same I believe...

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
I like the idea of /wedgie.

Perhaps we could put in some more of my childhood taunts...

/spam
/chineseburn
/deadarm
/jimmyhill

and my all time favourite (UK old timers will be with me on this one)...

/joeydeacon

/slaphead

... lovely reminder of days gone by... thanks Trine :D

O

old.Normengast

Nowadays, some people are offended when they see a shadow that resembles a penis.

Soon DAOC will be a text based MMORPG.

Ociri.

O

old.Filip

DANNGGG ...

i bet i never get the emote i applyed for then .. ((

it was /olfert

it is a danish custom where you move in possition behind the victim ..

then with a swift movement you dig in the victims pants and pull the victim's underpants up..

now you just keep pulling the underpants in hard movements up , up up and up ..

this have the best results with male victimes... often some screaming is involved ... allso they have a hard time running if you pull so hard that the victim's feet lift from the grund ..

but i guess if the french complain about /rude then my new fancy emote wont get implementet.

to bad ...

Filip
Minser of HB

M

mid_Efour

these are very very sad days if people complain about such trivial rubbish.

now a buffbot whine is far more important.......

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, it seems that 'olfert' is Danish for 'wedgie' :)

O

old.Osmosis

So the French find /rude, well, rude.

I propose that Mythic supply GOA with a French patch that changes /rude into /surrender so our gallic cousins can deal with something familar and comforting to them.

M

mid_Efour

lol sometimes i wish i was on albion am i right in thinking Brits choose to play albion more than Mid/hib?

F

finbahr

I think all archers should be given the "V" sign emote /v a historical signal (to the frogs) that the archers still have thier bow fingers so stay outta range.

and my all time favourite (UK old timers will be with me on this one)...

/joeydeacon [/B]

WOW YES JOEY DEACON WHAT A CLASSIC ITS JUST SHORTEN TO JOEY NOW THOUGH "HERE GET ME THAT JOEY"

C

*Coolio*

/Tango

Back in the day.. used to sting when it was cold...

O

old.Tohtori

What i found amusing and others might find rude is that i saw a valkyn giving a troll guard a blowjob.

Honestly! Knealed down infront of him and the head was..well...shame i didn't get a screenie out of that one.

Talk about a "task".

O

old.Trine Aquavit

What i found amusing and others might find rude is that i saw a valkyn giving a troll guard a blowjob.

Honestly! Knealed down infront of him and the head was..well...shame i didn't get a screenie out of that one.

You obviously don't know what it's like to be a small Dwarven lass in a world of tall Trolls and Norsemen.

I have to be very careful where I stand, I can tell you!

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by onk
i don't know how you are affected by this emote on your servers, but on french servers lotsa people feel injured by this emote.

As someone who plays on a French server all I can say to this is

Woot! Rude on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom