save the /rude

O

onk

i don't know how you are affected by this emote on your servers, but on french servers lotsa people feel injured by this emote.

And so they wrote emails to GOA.
It seems that GOA is about to ask (or has already asked) to Mythic how to remove this emote.

So i wrote this thread in order to know what you think about this.
As whiners win always i'm afraid of the future of this emote.

V

Validus

i really dont find it insulting, more of amusing really.

not surprised french ppl did that tbh

O

old.Pepsay

how can anyone find the /rude emote insulting?

I

ImLestat

Wasn't the /rude changed in 1.58 or something anyway?

D

Damon_D

LOL some peopel should realy.. realy get a life...WTF.. how do they feel when somone kill's em then ??? Do they start crying and run for there mommy's

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
Wasn't the /rude changed in 1.58 or something anyway?

It was before 1.58. The /rude emote originally did something with the crotch, but was changed to the flipoff because alot of people complained about it.

O

old.Downanael

Hehe they really outdoing themselfes :D

Soon you get banned from using emotes to someone because "he/she get mental wounds"

M

matax

Isn't it called /rude because it's meant to be ... well ... rude ?
That's the whole point !

How about some of these smilies then ?
:puke: :sex: :mgwhore2: :kissit:

Everyone write to GOA and complain that the "unofficial, official" DAoC forums are rude and upsetting and need to be changed ;)

GOA changing it would be ridculous - pandering to the minority when there are far better things to correct that the majority want !

B

Brannor McThife

Well, it's all down to rating I guess. However, having seen that you can run almost starkers if not completely in other MMORPGs, I hardly see how the /rude emote can possibly influence its ratings.

What must be said, is that the CoC does indeed state that swearing, etc is wrong, and spamming /rude at people all the time could be seen in a bad light. It comes down to NOT spoiling the game for some. You have to ask why Mythic put it in in the first place. /taunt is sufficient.

Tolerance, really, is what it's about.

/shrug

-G

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I like the idea of /wedgie.

Perhaps we could put in some more of my childhood taunts...

/spam
/chineseburn
/deadarm
/jimmyhill

and my all time favourite (UK old timers will be with me on this one)...

/joeydeacon

Z

Ziva

Tbh i don't like the /rude emote very much either. I wouldn't feel insulted or anything but somehow i think it doesn't fit the game.

G

Graknak

Would be be better to make a new /rude emote that lets your eyes lit up or something, some sparkly red glow effect, it would look cool and be better then the old /rude :rolleyes:

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by old.Xarr
It was before 1.58. The /rude emote originally did something with the crotch, but was changed to the flipoff because alot of people complained about it.
No, it was the /taunt emote that was changed. Originally it was some weird two handed crotch gesture that I hadn't seen before (someone told me that WWF-type wrestlers do it). A lot of Americans complained, and Mythic changed it to the "chicken" one. Americans never complained about the /rude gesture because presumably they don't know where it came from and what it symbolizes: it's not commonly used in America (they're big on the middle finger over there). The French call it "le bras d'honneur" and it's considered pretty vulgar. I would be a little disappointed but not terribly surprised if they asked Mythic to remove it.

O

oldnick

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit

and my all time favourite (UK old timers will be with me on this one)...

/joeydeacon

was my favourite insult at school :)

Nick

T

tris-

doubt can actually take an emote out of the game anyway.

A

Alrindel

It's one line to delete in a database and *poof*, /rude doesn't do anything any more, even if the animation file is still in everybody's Camelot directory. Easy as pie.

K

klavrynd

yay for political correctness, i have some serious questions about how those people cope with real life?

do they call the police when someone gives them the finger or just go sit in a corner and cry?

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by old.Xarr

Actually that was /taunt, /rude has always been the same hand gesture but /taunt used to show them moving both hands down to thw crotch in some obscure kiss this gesture I guess, can't say i've ever seen that gesture outside of this but im sure mythic found it from somewhere, now we have the chicken arms waving movement instead. I believe the elf posted a gif of it in here sometime ago if you want to go looking.

S

Sharma

EoTY

/stfunoob

i would use that so damn often it would be evul :flame:

T

The Real Redi

err, maybe i sound like a bit of a n00b knowing this, but is the "cross chop" old /taunt thing pretty similar to Degeneration X, of WWF fame in the mids to late 90s?

you cant please all of the people all of the time - its a fact, adn im pretty sure theres enough apathy towards it that GoA won't be arsed. Blimey if they actually listened to anyone who played it seriously, don't you reckon the most major bugs/exploits/over-underpowered classes would've been sorted by now?

/Wanker

"Dear Mythic,

I wank viciously and frequently, and i am deeply upset and frankly appaled that you would defamate the fine art of 'caressing the baby love stoat' in the way you do! <wah wah wah, whine whine whine...>"

<you've been killed by PoliticalCorrectness!>

/q

F

fenrisan

Right, hands up who thinks that an American company like Mythic will change something as trivial as this because the French complain ;)

tbh I'm surprised that the French community haven't boycotted the game before now...

E

eynar

People who bitch about being offended by silly things like the /rude emote need to wake up and start to live or stfu and burn in hell!!!

ohdrama.jpg

G

Grislock

Well i think people who get offended by it are a bit babyish, but then again having a /rude emote will only bring bad things. :)

N

Novamir

Originally posted by onk
i don't know how you are affected by this emote on your servers, but on french servers lotsa people feel injured by this emote.

And so they wrote emails to GOA.
It seems that GOA is about to ask (or has already asked) to Mythic how to remove this emote.

So i wrote this thread in order to know what you think about this.
As whiners win always i'm afraid of the future of this emote.

lol you must be joking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom