savage spec

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
50 H2H, 42 Savagery, 9 Parry. For maximum Weaponskill and Damage, and ultimate styles (50 style one of the best in game). If you go 49 Savagery u gain 4% on all buffs, for 1% more health cost per buff (each buff will take about 100 HP instead of 80), you lose more than twice the 4% damage, and you will miss a lot over 4% more often with only 44 H2H. (In addition to total WeaponSpec being a major factor in determining base damage and style damage, the lower Weaponskill will also cause your target to Evade/Parry/Block more often).

Being savage is more about having as much damage as possible, than about being able to tank more. In RvR defensive skills are worth much less than offensive skills, so I recommend strongly maxing your weaponspec.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
It really depends on weapons - I would never go 50h2h 42savagery with 2x sally tails, as it wont cap swingspeed with shout only, no matter how much qui and toa haste I have (Clicky)

Besides, lvl 50 style is the 3rd in evade chain, which you wont be using in fg rvr - MAYBE you can get it off in solo rvr, 1on1 fights, but there I'd rather have cap swing speed for max dmg anyway. Yes, you lose ws by speccing lower weapon, but you raise dmg with slower claws and overall dmg by capping swing speed. I wouldn't advice going 50h2h 42 savagery unless you plan on using claws (or a 2hander) that caps swing speed with 32% haste, 250qui and 10% toa speed.

EDIT: For pve 50h2h 42sava may be better because you'll use evade chain far more often, but since I rarely pve on my savage anymore, that's something I do not know much about anymore ;) I respecced from 50h2h 42sava to 44h2h 49sava around ToA and haven't regretted it since.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:
50 H2H, 42 Savagery, 9 Parry. For maximum Weaponskill and Damage, and ultimate styles (50 style one of the best in game). If you go 49 Savagery u gain 4% on all buffs, for 1% more health cost per buff (each buff will take about 100 HP instead of 80), you lose more than twice the 4% damage, and you will miss a lot over 4% more often with only 44 H2H. (In addition to total WeaponSpec being a major factor in determining base damage and style damage, the lower Weaponskill will also cause your target to Evade/Parry/Block more often).

Being savage is more about having as much damage as possible, than about being able to tank more. In RvR defensive skills are worth much less than offensive skills, so I recommend strongly maxing your weaponspec.

aye red dps shout is silly... rly :(

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:

it been proved that 44weapon49 savagery do more dmg then the 50 weapon 42savagery and the health cost dosnt matter when you are in a fg with good healers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom