savage questions :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
I have this lvl 44 2h savage i startet as SI came out, now i was wondering if i should lvl it to 50, dont have a lvl 50 mele char so could be something new to try ^^

Anyway im aware that 2h is considered pretty gimped in RvR, but how would it perform in PvE? i guess its a more reliable dmg output but tbh i have no clue if its any good but i would really like malice/battler in 2h :p

Kobold btw

And what about template dont suppose anyone got a nice template where i could switch between malic/battler and rest just use si/toa quest items and qua99 armor none artifacts unless they are ekstreemly easy :p

26str cap would ofc be nice if possible resists dont need to be full capped :)

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
My savage was 50 axe, until the day 1.64 hit. After that I noticed that guard really owned the 2h spec, so I went hth.

It was great in PvE though, not sure if hth do more dmg, but it was atleast easier than trying to get that evade chain of all the time. Dmg was very good, can't remember how much, but atleast I could farm dia seals with a bot pretty fast. Usually I had to wait for the insta taunt on 30 sec timer to come back before pulling the next Succubus/Crawler/whatever.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Toa'd savage would be nice to have but...

- takes you shitloads of work
- nf soon

Sooo conclusion: wouldnt bother

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
44 hammer 49 savagery savage with 2h malice would be interesting to see

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Asty said:

- nf soon

with only 1 arti rest quest / easy drops and qua99 it wont take long, ofc not über etc, but its a start and if i like the char in pve/rvr i could allways make a new template :)

Anyway ill be playing caster in NF anyway, to much fun to let go off :)

Tuffa

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:

- nf soon

explain as i just recently started to play again :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Tuffa said:
explain as i just recently started to play again :)

NF soon, meny people belive that when NF comes it will be only Tower/keep defence/attack

But i think that there still will be optimised fg's fights just as now :)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:
NF soon, meny people belive that when NF comes it will be only Tower/keep defence/attack

But i think that there still will be optimised fg's fights just as now :)

no matter, mythic totally rapes the savage with nf, like they should have done 1 year ago :p wonder what all the fotms will play then ^^ (no i dont wonder, i've seen the sm/rm/bd army we got in toa atm)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Arnor said:
no matter, mythic totally rapes the savage with nf, like they should have done 1 year ago :p wonder what all the fotms will play then ^^ (no i dont wonder, i've seen the sm/rm/bd army we got in toa atm)

savage will still do most damage tho. but zerk effectiv dps might be higher due to charge. will still be a good class i reckon, if you can find any melee groups.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
I heard the removal of Dualist Reflexes will have a large impact on hth.

Tuffa

Fledgling Freddie
In other words... if u dont have a bow with sniper sight u can delete your char? :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Mavl said:
I heard the removal of Dualist Reflexes will have a large impact on hth.

it would have made a big impact if its not quite bad atm. pre nerf DR was powerful, after nerf DR is not "good". So the loss of DR wont be very noticable i guess. bring me the 47% crit chance :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Tuffa said:
In other words... if u dont have a bow with sniper sight u can delete your char? :D

if you plan to only rvr at keeps, yes. roll something with range, lotsa range. personally i find keep fights rather bore and tedious. hopefully i can find some ppl who likes to run fg outside of the keeps and enjoy myself :p

Tuffa

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with u Leth... keeps thingys are always rather boring and i cant believe the thought of everyone just standing in the keeps firering... they still will need that extra muscle power when they charge in! :)

Fire catapults can also be alittle fun if u are a malee class... :D

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
savage will still do most damage tho. but zerk effectiv dps might be higher due to charge. will still be a good class i reckon, if you can find any melee groups.

yep, so what you gonna play?

Blondinen

Fledgling Freddie
You guys are being just a weee bit fast on the NF changes. 2h Savage still does very nice damage.
Yes a Zerker with Charge+RR5 RA+Snaring Tendrils+Zerk Mode+Celerity+Banespike WILL do some SERIOUS dmg but they are timed and therefore not consistent. I am still going forward with my 2h troll savage even though I come from US servers and have seen zerkers and what they can do with all those abilities listed.

And the nerf to DR DID nerf the h2h savage quite a bit but if you like the spec and the dmg it does then stay. If you dont, respec :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Arnor said:
yep, so what you gonna play?

savage and theurg i reckon ?
are you going back to hibernia if mid gets their asses kicked on exc?

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Well i am lvling a hth savvy atm - i still think that there will be fg vs fg fights outside the bloody keeps and if that isnt going to happen (i doubt) i ll just w8 for Warlock to arrive in our lives xD

There are sooooo many melee classes players atm and i DONT thing that they all going to rerolll casters or stealthers xD

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
savage and theurg i reckon ?
are you going back to hibernia if mid gets their asses kicked on exc?

yep m8or, mid rly got whipped on exc at 1.6x-1.68(when i played hib)

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:

nnn what did you roll on hib? hope it wasnt fotm :D

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:
nnn what did you roll on hib? hope it wasnt fotm :D

i lvled my druid from 40-50 at xmas last year, and then played him till i came mid again. I was nature specc, so that might have been a bit fotm, but i played like a very bad druid (and a very good fucking shammy tbh) so >.<

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a troll savage, he will be a nice pve-bot when NF respec comes, 44 hammer 49 savagery, trying to get him a nice 2h hammer till then ^^

Lethul

FH is my second home
Arnor said:

you came back just when mid started to kick hibs ass again tho, nice timing eh?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
you came back just when mid started to kick hibs ass again tho, nice timing eh?

roflmao, mids had been ruling all along since they nerfed castspeed. When I came back, the only mid groups in rvr were bc&groove.

oh, and fyi, you talking about fotm and ez-mode hopping is like Hitler talking about how bad intolerance is.

For some reason, you went from fotm-child to skilled when you got some rr on your char, everyone suddenly stopped slagging you for being fotm, just because RR adds "respect" to a char for some reason, yes you are a good player, but only because you have played _ALOT_ of easymode rvr. I wonder if you EVER have _not_ chosen the easiest possible route to success. (and i know you have a hunter, and i know im just assuming, but shall i take a wild guess at when you rolled/played him? )
Ppl not slagging you doesnt mean your not one of the biggest fotm-whores the server has seen.
Then ofc, at the returned dawn of the casters when tanks "sucked", where did you go? Oh yes, albion to rox with the uber-guild AD, and what did you play? the biggest fotm class at that time in alb, and what the hell do i see when AD gets raped in rvr because of grapple and poor groupsetup? you comming back to mid starting to toa your now uber-again savage.
Not to mention your little outing on prydwen where you played what again? oh yes, the casterfotm of that time. really lethul, you are the biggest easymode-rider i've ever seen, bar none.

You can try accusing me all you want, my closest encounter with fotm-ness was when i rolled my chanter which i played to rr3 @ 15days played. You on the other hand are fotm&easymode incarnate and your words hurt about as much as thrown cotton.
Have a nice no-life m8.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
i lvled my druid from 40-50 at xmas last year, and then played him till i came mid again. I was nature specc, so that might have been a bit fotm, but i played like a very bad druid (and a very good fucking shammy tbh) so >.<

Tbh, I owned you

Oh yeah, and what it comes to hibs owning at dawn of ToA, it also had a lot to do with the fact that mids gained MLs the slowest, and had their sets done last.
(And it took some time to learn to play against grapple)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Arnor said:
roflmao, mids had been ruling all along since they nerfed castspeed. When I came back, the only mid groups in rvr were bc&groove.

oh, and fyi, you talking about fotm and ez-mode hopping is like Hitler talking about how bad intolerance is.

For some reason, you went from fotm-child to skilled when you got some rr on your char, everyone suddenly stopped slagging you for being fotm, just because RR adds "respect" to a char for some reason, yes you are a good player, but only because you have played _ALOT_ of easymode rvr. I wonder if you EVER have _not_ chosen the easiest possible route to success. (and i know you have a hunter, and i know im just assuming, but shall i take a wild guess at when you rolled/played him? )
Ppl not slagging you doesnt mean your not one of the biggest fotm-whores the server has seen.
Then ofc, at the returned dawn of the casters when tanks "sucked", where did you go? Oh yes, albion to rox with the uber-guild AD, and what did you play? the biggest fotm class at that time in alb, and what the hell do i see when AD gets raped in rvr because of grapple and poor groupsetup? you comming back to mid starting to toa your now uber-again savage.
Not to mention your little outing on prydwen where you played what again? oh yes, the casterfotm of that time. really lethul, you are the biggest easymode-rider i've ever seen, bar none.

You can try accusing me all you want, my closest encounter with fotm-ness was when i rolled my chanter which i played to rr3 @ 15days played. You on the other hand are fotm&easymode incarnate and your words hurt about as much as thrown cotton.
Have a nice no-life m8.

thats alot of cry in one post. i didnt play prydwen, i played a void eld during 1.60ish -1.64ish. ye thats fotm Oo. i made a theurg case AD needed one and asked me if i wanted one. and yes i started toa:ing mumin after AD went inactive, what should i do? running solo with hemulen? and my hunter, i rolled him the day i bought daoc knowing nothing about daoc. i was tossing a coin about rolling a thane or hunter (oh jesus ;P).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom