Savage Question

D

Dusiones

Hello folks,

Havent played for a wile, and i was wondering is the old 44/49/4 stil viable or what do people use thease days ?

I am told that the health costs for the red self buffs are alot higher now so basicly here's my question is 50 h2h worth loosing the red self dps ? or can healers easily keep up with the health cost ?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
50 H2H or 2H/39 Savagery/18 Parry

Pretty much the only spec that works since all the nerfs.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
44 h2h 49 savagery ofc, you dont want to miss out on the thing that makes people whine about savages, the selfbuffs.

The 6 extra h2hspec would give you a 3rd in evade chain style that you can never use in rvr, about 40 weaponskill and maybe 0.5% extra chance to quad, tops. To give up the extra haste, dps and evade because of that can only be classed as one thing: stupid.

Maybe you wanna go for Svartmetalls spec if you are gonna use the savage as farmbot, but for rvr, 44/49, no doubt. Imo.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
atm i'm 50 h2h,
I for must admit i sometimes miss the old 44/49 spec
but here's what i'm thinking now that toa bonuses have arrived and at least in my template

+10 melee spd
+10 melee dmg
+04 style dmg
And the 4.4 greave

i would think that that makes up for the loss of red self buffs, and gives you a nice all round cookie toon,

how ever i have never been one to do the math "too lazy" so i do not know how much on actually looses in WS by sacrificing the 6pts i hth..wich i belive is the reason to go 50 and not the last style..wich is and i agree more than often useless..at least in grp V grp since it's AE and not to mention 3'rd in chain..ect

Risinn

Fledgling Freddie
Most respecced to 50h2h/39sav/18p for the added WS and because the cost of the selfbuffs is much greater than it was. Also most are capping their weaponspeed and evade with TOA stuff and the 39sav buffs so there is no need for the higher self buffs. The DPS buff is the only thing you'll gain but it's not worth it imo rather than highers WS and better chance of triple/quad hits.

You can check the VN boards for detailed information, plenty of discussion about this there and most are specced 50h2h/39s/19p.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
As savages use the hybrid WS table, they need 50 h2h >_<

Toa bonux > zilly red selfboofz afaik

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
4.4 spd claw demands a better haste, better dps buff on top of that more than makes up for the lost ws. If you're worried about hploss you seriously need to get new healers.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Attack spd is capped with yellow cele+yellow selfhaste+ toa bonuses for a 4.4 weapon. Savages don't spec 50 h2h for more dmg, they want more ws (as low ws ---> you miss+get blocked/parried/evaded more often), you can't make up for the lost ws with the red dps add.

50 weaponspec is critical for a hybrid ws class.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Attack spd is capped with cele+yellow haste.

I forgot that celerity is always up etc. And the 40 or so WS you lose means shit compared to better evade, better haste and better dps. Again, imo ofc.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I edited my post a bit, added a bit more info, but yes in my group we mostly have cele up.

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Keeping celerity up in rvr is hard, unless you run with multiple aug healers and thats pretty gimped.
So I'd like to know how your healer does that, because I'd rather cast a heal then redo celerity all the time.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Dedaith said:
Keeping celerity up in rvr is hard, unless you run with multiple aug healers and thats pretty gimped.
So I'd like to know how your healer does that, because I'd rather cast a heal then redo celerity all the time.

Not to mention the radius...sure the healer might have celerity going all the time, but is he close enough to the tanks for them to get it all the time? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Anyways I prefer to be able to speed up my own attacks to a max, and not relying on celerity that much. I still cap speed with celerity, I just hit faster without it.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if you are looking at damage output..

The capdamage and swingspeed will be higher with 44/49 spec..

The weaponskill and multihits ratio will be higher with 50/39+ spec..

Ohh and btw weaponskill does not affect miss-rate as someone claimed in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom