Savage 2 Launches

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
S2 Games have today launched their independent game Savage 2. The title is a hybrid FPS, RTS and RPG game and builds upon the original title's features. People are able to sign-up now for a free 5 hour demo of the game which is also free for LAN Parties. Here is the official announcement:

(Rohnert Park, CA) – January 16, 2008 – Independent game developer S2 Games announced today that the highly anticipated PC title Savage 2: A Tortured Soul is now available. Refining and building upon the game design that made the critically acclaimed first title a huge success, Savage 2 incorporates elements of first-person shooter, real-time strategy, and role-playing game. Savage 2 is available exclusively online via download and carries a one-time price of $29.99.

Savage 2: A Tortured Soul is a fast paced multiplayer action title that takes team based game play to another level. Each match is a war for dominance where two teams of 5 to 17 players from two factions, beast or humans, attempt to destroy each other. It will take more than guns to finish the job. Players can choose from an array of units each with ranged, melee, and special abilities. To close the deal and seal the enemy’s fate, players can take control of the ultimate siege units like the Behemoth or the Battering Ram used to destroy enemy buildings or even resurrect a burning demonic Hellbourne. For the more strategic player, each team has one commander who overlooks the battlefield and manages construction, research, and issues commands for strategic assaults.

Savage 2 is free to download and new players can sign up for a demo account with 5 hours of online play. With the free client, gamers have access to several features including playing the offline single player tutorial, unlimited LAN play, and access to the comprehensive replay database that catalogues each and every game. Players who enjoy the game can simply upgrade through the game client or from the official website and will gain access to unlimited online play, full clan support through the Savage Clan League, ability to use persistent items and more.

“The development of Savage 2 has been a labor of love,” said Marc DeForest, co-founder and lead designer of S2 Games. “The fans have been anxiously waiting and their support has kept us working tirelessly to make sure the game lives up to their and our expectations. We can’t wait for gamers to enter the battlefield and test their skills in this truly unique game.”

For more information on Savage 2: A Tortured Soul, please visit Savage 2 - A Tortured Soul.

Find out more: Savage 2 - A Tortured Soul.

Regards,

Khan

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I preordered this over a year ago and they didn't send me an email or anything to tell me that it had launched so this is the first I've heard of it. Wasn't exactly overawed by the beta so haven't been following it but still you'd think they'd at least let me know.

Anyway moan over, downloading now.

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
Let me know how you get on with this one. I'm unsure if/when i'm going to buy it but if the feedback is good then I might just have to!

Regards,

Khan

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Only had a quick blast but it's got a fair bit more complicated since Savage 1. Same basic gameplay but lots more items and unit abilities that make combat a bit more tactical and less 'run in and swing like fook'.

Has come on a fair way since beta anyway, didn't find any bugs in my short go and quite a few servers and players. Need to play a bit more before I can say anything else.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
d/l it yesturday and i must say i looks rly interesting. am still on tutorial bet hell it rly a good tut :p

btw it's free

Savage 2 - A Tortured Soul

the download is free initially yes. but iirc u only get x hours of free gameplay, after that you actually have to pay for the game.

think there's a monthly sub somewhere to if u actually want to progress anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom