Satellite Imagery

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I was looking around for images of the area I live in, theres already a few that I've used:

www.old-maps.co.uk
www.getmapping.com

Terraserver have updated their database, and I can now find my house here . I'm right in the middle of that pic.

Anyway, just thought you might like to muck around and see whats in your area, if its covered.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
that terraserve thing is pretty sweet

I can pinpoint my exact location from that image... not even *that* much zoomed in

Gray

FH is my second home
maphouse.jpg

Easy to find mine, coz i live on same road as the Widnes Vikings Rugby Stadium. ah ha!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Right, I paid up for a cheapo subscription, you can zoom in for more detail, although the site makes you pay chunks for the uber high res stuff.

Check it out:

meh%20gaff.jpg

If anybody wants to take advantage of my 7 day sub to this site, pm me with a link from that site, with your house centered in the image. I'll zoom it in for you and email/post the image for you. There is another satellite that has been spying on my gaff, I'm gonna look at that now.

PS my house is a bit foggy, presumbly the day the images were taken, it was quite humid/cloudy.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
parrents house...
Check out the traffic on the M25.... ! Must have been a footie game on or something.

m25.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bah, the other satellite must be a crap one....

meh%20gaff%20b&w.jpg

hey, how come I can't display it as an image on here?

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
That really scares me that they can zoom in so close you can see cars on the roads!! big brother is afterszz uss all!!11!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I need the url mate.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Can zoom in quite close to my house on streetmap.co.uk, but I don't think they have many aerial photographs for outside London. Good for tight bastards like me though :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You should try www.getmapping.com, they've got the entire UK covered. If its not on their website, email them and they can find it for you. I got my sister a nice A4 photo of her neighbourhood, it was pretty damn good quality.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
im tryng to get the url atm Tom but the site is down :(

Ill pm you when i can get it. Cheers m8.

Athan

Resident Freddy
My block of flats, if I traced the roads correctly (lots of vegetation in the way).

Should zoom in to two blocks, with an industrial estate just to the east/right (the 4 sided white blob).

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom