SAS: A LUDICROUS REQUEST

O

old.WickedWag

I am really getting brassed off at not being able to play CS on a barrysworld server. Even with all the new kit, it is near impossible to get onto a CS server after 6pm for the rest of the evening, and weekends other than early morning are also a wash out.

Of course there are other servers out there - often full as well - but playing on them does make me appreciate the smoothness and quality of the barrysworld kit. So what are the chances of a dozen or so more CS servers!

------------------

S

SAS

There are 14 (+2 pcgamer/pcformat) CS servers and I have to admit a lot of people are having to wait to find a free spot :(

I'll have a word with chris, but I have a feeling even with 10 more they to will soon fill, but we do need more :)

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
http://guides.barrysworld.com

M

Mellow-

Ooh cool, more CS servers. Good job!

(i hope this wont strain the 1Gb backbone, hehe)

G

granny

Here's a hint for getting onto a BW CS server, even at the busiest times.

Make aliases for all the servers in your autoexec.cfg, ie.:

alias bw1 "connect 62.212.205.66:27021"
alias bw2 "connect 62.212.205.66:27022"
etc.

Then when you launch from gamespy (or whatever) and get "Server is full" just type bw1 in the console... and then if that's full bw2.. etc. That way you can sit in the console and cycle through attempting to connect to all the BW servers one at a time until a spot opens up.

Works for me, never have to wait more than a few mins before getting onto one or other of the servers :)

/GrannY

C

cenobite

I was on a server last night and the lag was bloody terrible. 130 ping on most maps compared to about 60 when I played on a league server. Is the box overloaded either with memory/cpu? I would rather have more trouble trying to get on a server and less lag. And we will not even mention how bad it must have been for the modemers if I was getting over double the ping.

O

old.WickedWag

6 more CS servers - yeah. Many thanks to SAS and other barrysworld m8s for listening.

granny - a very good idea. Taking it one step further couldn't it be aliased into a cycle so that, instead of having to bind half the keyboard, after an unsuccesful try the next key press of the same key could call up the next in a list. However, after an unsuccesful logon attempt (eg server full) I get the same message even if I attempt a logon to an empty server. I think this is a half-life bug failing to clear the error message for the fresh attempt rather than CS which will be fixed in the imminent patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom