Saracen s/s arms spec

W

whuzzy

Since practice has shown, that friars have from day to day an even more difficult time to get into decent RvR groups, so that brought me up, that i'd need a more ZergFriendly char.
Well .. da young whuzzyette is atm level 36 and raising slowly / fastly, depending of the day.

So, what i have as options now are :

50 Shield
50 Slash
28 Parry
6 X-bow

OR

50 Shield
44 Slash
36 Parry
9 X-bow

And the main purpose of the char wouldbe to be sittin in the last row as slam / shieldbot for the p00r softies.

Discuss.

Whuzz

I

ilienwyn

Well, as you know, it seems armsman s/s is no longer needed as one guard/slammer in group seems pretty much enough. I would advise merc or 2h/pole arms instead ;)

I

ilum

In my opinion, you should spec 50/50/31 (28 without autotrain)

Parry will only help when you are attacked from the front, so basically only in 1vs1 situations. While having 50 slash gives you more weaponskill and a very nice follow-up to the best anymite style in Albion.

Tho I would like to remind you that your character is still not maybe the most sought-after class. Most people nowadays prefer pure offensive tanks, like pole-armers and mercenaries.

O

old.Ramas

Go merc imo.

Merc defence is > Armsman defence.

Vs Crush, armour table means chain > plate.

Vs slash, both armour types are neutral, so the armour advantage is with plate, but 360deg Evade I rate with high dex/qui > the absorb difference between plate and chain.

Only vs trust damage does the Armsman have a natural advantage.

Plus you get dirty tricks.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas

Vs slash, both armour types are neutral, so the armour advantage is with plate, but 360deg Evade I rate with high dex/qui > the absorb difference between plate and chain.

with buffs it just about makes up 7% evade instead of 7% absorb...

but with more than one attacker that gets reduced. so plate is better for 2 attackers, the same or slightly worse against 1.

K

K0nah

leave teh s+b job to the pallies tbh

go thrust pole or 2h hammer. 50pole/2h, 42shield, 39weapon, rest parry. recent tests (http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=57188440&replies=29) have shown speccing above 39 in dmg type does absolutely nothing for a 2h/pole user so there is no reason not to go hybrid, makes u far more versatile and useful to the grp, along with SoB.

D

Draylor

Hmmm, not enough test data in that thread to really prove anything Konah, but it could well be that way.

In which case a 50 pole/2h, any 2 dmg types to 3x (50 with items + RR), rest shield/parry template becomes fairly attractive.

S

Sharma

A few warriors i know respecced to 50 weapon, 42 shield, 36 parry.

According to them with the extra parry defense, it REALLY does allow for kicking in even assasins 1v1, and it doesnt actually mess up your block styles, if you think about it, the 8 points difference isnt THAT much, although you do get a decent block stun, better just to use slam as that has enough time to do a lot of damage on its own.

Just a matter of play style i gess. :)

I

ilienwyn

Well, i was 50/42/39 before changing to 2h and it was great defence. Too bad i couldn't use the after block style much since i actually parried more than blocked ;)

S

skile

If you are saracen you should go thrust.

1. As saracen it would mean more weaponskill. There's still good styles, like tranq+wyvern and pierce (if u spec 44 thrust).

2. The more WS you have the better chance the better defender you are.

3. Thrust is neutral vs hib support and vuln vs mid-support.

B

batdie

Is some hard to win a duel if you dont have 50 shield ( as warrior ) you get brutalize, the best shield stunt.
If you spec 50w 42s 39 parry, you only get few more def, but die more easy than an alb 2h pole, becouse when you get 0 end, your opponent still with 80% end, ( if you know how to play a warrior )

peace

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by K0nah
leave teh s+b job to the pallies tbh

go thrust pole or 2h hammer. 50pole/2h, 42shield, 39weapon, rest parry. recent tests (http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=57188440&replies=29) have shown speccing above 39 in dmg type does absolutely nothing for a 2h/pole user so there is no reason not to go hybrid, makes u far more versatile and useful to the grp, along with SoB.

39 aslong as you get it to 50 with items ;) But agreed...I've been saying this for a while.

As for the s/s thing for pallies, there's been some good discussion about having the pally on offense and a s/s armsman for defence. The main benefits of doing it that way round seem to be that a pure s/s armsman will give better overall protection to casters (for various reasons) and the pally end chant range is so limited you really want it close to your offensive tanks.

W

whuzzy

well ... thnx for the great input from everybody, but unfortunately it's about this level, as far as my arms will ever come ... due to some problems and really as being pissed off @ game & some other stuff, my daoc just got nicely deleted yesterday, cd's are put away, and my subs. is expiring tomorrow.

So, farewell, and thnx to everybody with whom i have had a great time ... and well fu @ the others who got a problem with meh.
And a special thanks to many of the members from <Blade & Quill + Aliiance> & <The Prodigy>, who have been like a family to meh.

bb

Whuzzy

T

thorwyntf

bye Whuzz :(

sorry to see you go. you´ve been one of the best guys I`ve ever met in daoc.

/hug
/cry
/salute

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom