Samsung E720

Gray

FH is my second home
I didnt know too much about this phone until today, i checked on our o2 Intranet for information on new phones which are going to be released shortly.

I then came across this little gem, The Samsung E720 it looks to be very similar to the Samsung D500 in terms of features, only its a Flip-Phone.

The D500 seems to be a little bit ahead, in terms of having about an extra 10mb more than the E720. Its getting released on the 4th April by all accounts from o2, but its out now on Orange - The only provider to supply the phone at the moment.

Im torn between that and the D500, since the S700i is way too big and is out of stock anyway at the moment.

More details on the phone can be found here but its in Russian.

pic3.jpg

Aada

Part of the furniture
Still think the D500 is the best phone around atm.

Gray

FH is my second home
Does look like a good phone, ive seen it a few times, but its all dependant on a few things really...

The internal memory looks to be only small, so the 64mb Memory Card would have to be essential if i wanted MP3's on it
Its a Nokia branded handset... I havent used Nokia in *years* although that may change
It has 3G capabilities, but no doubt there will be problems with it as 3G from all im aware is still relatively new
Id have to check the release date of the actual handset, as i am currently now without a handset so need one asap (e720/d500 or...)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Gray said:
Does look like a good phone, ive seen it a few times, but its all dependant on a few things really...

The internal memory looks to be only small, so the 64mb Memory Card would have to be essential if i wanted MP3's on it
Its a Nokia branded handset... I havent used Nokia in *years* although that may change
It has 3G capabilities, but no doubt there will be problems with it as 3G from all im aware is still relatively new
Id have to check the release date of the actual handset, as i am currently now without a handset so need one asap (e720/d500 or...)

The Nokia would come with the 64MB card as standard. I think it would be expandable as well so you could buy a bigger memory card if you wished...

As far as the 3G goes I think the problems would be more with the network you choose rather than problems with the phone.

Chilly

Balls of steel
damn that w800i looks the shiznit. if it wasnt so fucking ugly id be tempted to buy one when its out.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Chilly said:
damn that w800i looks the shiznit. if it wasnt so fucking ugly id be tempted to buy one when its out.

yea. The camera on the back is very ugly >:|

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Wonk said:
when is shortly? :/
mPhone (and I'm sure others) already have the SIM-free E720 phones available to buy for around £290. No doubt phone companies will be releasing branded versions soon with new contracts if they haven't already :)

Kind Regards

Gray

FH is my second home
Its been released now, as of 4th April on o2 Contract.

Ive put off getting it, because im completely undecided on whether getting this or the Nokia 6680. Gah. Only problem being as i said is the fact that its going to be released in 2wks sometime. Unless its put back.

I may give in and actually get the e720 tomorrow, so much waiting without a phone :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Erm, it looks the same as the e700 and has the same shoddy build quality. That would be enough to stop me getting it. The d500 is a nice phone, and this offers nothing over it.

Gray

FH is my second home
Bastards have put back the Release date from the 18th April to 25th April for the Nokia 6680

Fuckers.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Orange have the 6680 as coming soon, i know the 6230i is out next week. The only problem with the 6630, 6680 and 6681 is that Nokia have limited you to 64mb expandable memory. That really is just like Nokia, make a fully featured phone, then cut it back a bit.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1784006,00.asp

Gray

FH is my second home
Still waiting...

Nokia keeps putting the phones back from what i recall, or the Service Providers. Grrr fucksake, 9th May now, im getting really pissed off.

On more news:

nokia_n91_open.JPG

Fucking. Sexy.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's not out till the end of the year though, the N90 however, will be with us before the end of the summer. The one you pictured is their rival to the ipod. Nokia want to be the biggest sellers of phones and mp3 players by the end of the year, should also have a 2-3mp digital camera, with carl ziess lens and up to 8x zoom.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Hmmm....you've made me think about waiting for that N91..

I did not see that one before!

Why is that phone not on the Nokia Website??

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I badgered o2 into sending me a Nokia 6630 and just got an email it's been posted so should be here around Tuesday. I didn't know about the 6680 which is indeed a sexy phone, although it's not on the website yet and I've no idea if it'll cost lots even on contract. Any ideas Gray?

Gray

FH is my second home
From what im aware, when the Nokia 6680 is released its going to cost about £450-500 SIM free, but on contract if you take out something like the o2 200 (£30) then there maybe a cost of around £50-£100

The phone keeps getting put back each week though, although its actually looking good now because it still says its getting released on the 9th May which will be next week.

With o2.com usually they dont put it on the website until its got about a day or 2 before the release date, unlike the other providers which probably say "coming soon..."

Dys - If you go to the Nokia websites homepage, there will be a small banner with 3 phones across the top or try here

dysfunction

FH is my second home
WPKenny said:
I badgered o2 into sending me a Nokia 6630 and just got an email it's been posted so should be here around Tuesday. I didn't know about the 6680 which is indeed a sexy phone, although it's not on the website yet and I've no idea if it'll cost lots even on contract. Any ideas Gray?

I have seen the Nokia 6680 in an Orange shop selling for £80 on a £25pm contract. I believe orange dont have any tie ins so you could reduce the monthly payment the following month.

Ono

Part of the furniture
dysfunction said:
I have seen the Nokia 6680 in an Orange shop selling for £80 on a £25pm contract. I believe orange dont have any tie ins so you could reduce the monthly payment the following month.

6 month tie in. The one month tariff change thing was a year ago with Dixons. They don't allow that anymore.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well today is release day for o2 and the Nokia 6680, although when i called they didnt have any in stock until around dinnertime onwards...

Its £150 for the phone tho :s oh well!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Gray said:
Well today is release day for o2 and the Nokia 6680, although when i called they didnt have any in stock until around dinnertime onwards...

Its £150 for the phone tho :s oh well!

150 quid on contract? :( I guess I'll be keeping hold of my 6630 for the time being then....

Gray

FH is my second home
Thats what i was quoted the first time around...

Although, this was at 9am in the morning, they said to callback due to delivery coming in around dinnertime.

When i called back at dinnertime, they said their Credit VET system was down and was unable to process the actual order (Typical o2...) this time i was quoted £99.99 on o2 200.

I called back when systems where back up, around 3pm, they said delivery still hadnt arrived (Or it did, but they didnt have the actual code to put it through) again they quoted £99.99

Called for the final time, who said still didnt arrive.. and again said £99.99, and was told to callback tomorrow...

*sigh* ;o

Gray

FH is my second home
Been put back to the 27th - ffs ;(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's been out for a week on Orange, Vodafone and 3 though.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Where?? Cos the Orange Shop in the City doesnt have any yet...neither does Orange Online

Gray

FH is my second home
Apparently other providers have it released, or shown as released...

Dont understand why they havent released it though... stupid booogars...

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I got a courtesy call from O2 Online the other day and they said the 6680 won't be out for online tarrifs for "a month or two". Bastards.

I'm not really loving my 6630 as much as I'd hoped. I've put a load of games on it, including Doom but the controls suck arse so andything other than RPG's also suck arse.

In fact there's a number of things about the 6630 I don't like compared to my old 6230.

It doesn't have a regular alarm for one thing. I used to be able to set an alarm for monday to friday and just forget about having to set it each night. Not an option on the 6630. The 6230 has an FM radio. The 6630 does not, so if you're fed up of your mp3's on the hard to find DV RS MMC, but have no time to upload new ones, you have no alternative but to sit in silence on your journey.

Mostly the phone is just slow. You press a button and have to wait a few seconds for it to do anything. Plus I've had to reset it a few times or it randomly does it all by itself.

On the plus side, the camera's not bad and having a handy portable video recorder is nice since the video's not THAT bad for a phone.

Probably worth waiting for the N-series phones with their 4gb storage tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom