Salvage question

B

bredo

Some ppl say you can only salvage the material you have enough skill to work with, while others say 750 will allow you to salvage any material. I salvaged some raumarik drops (forlorn set) for a friend the other day, they were all af 98 chain. Thing is i got a buttload of asterite when salvaging them. Judging by the af i would have thought they should yield neutherium or arcanium.

My wc and metalwork is at about 780, so i thought it could be my skill making me get asterite, but then again i thought that if you had too low skill you would not manage to salvage at all rather than getting lower quality bars.

Would appreciate if anyone could clear this up.

C

cadiva

As far as I know (and I could be wrong on this so I'm sure someone else will correct me on it if I am) the only place you'll get netherium or arcanium salvage from drops is in the new SI zones and off some of the mobs in the frontiers/epic zones.

Certainly the default metal for most salvage seems to be asterite with the exception of Darkness Falls weapons under 14dps, which salvage for adamantium, and lower level chain which will salvage for its corresponding AF metal usually.

Like I said tho, I'm no expert, this is just from my own personal experience and the only stuff I've salvaged for netherium or arcanium has come from SI side drops.

Oh, I have 1075 metalwork if that helps ;)

S

Sharma

set low AF drops you get in the normal zones, and some from the towns IE avalon, TH and fomor will salvage for asterite, however now and again the occasional netherium/arcanium salvage will pop up in the bundle, Set drops from Legion/Sidi/galla/Tusc glacier/princes and that salvage for arc i think, most unique drops will salvage for asterite, but if yer lucky you will get a nice lubly pile of arcanium to go "ooooh cash!!!" over ;)

O

old.Lianuchta

All the high level (af94+, 15.0dps+ I think) SI gear salvages for Arcanium/Arcanite. This includes all those crappy ROG drops, and has gotten me about 500 arcanium bars from my own collected travels alone. So farming some yellow con mobs that drop armor/weapons at 50 is a fairly decent way of making cash :)

S

Sibanac

Some of the sell loot drops are salvageble aswell

O

old.TeaSpoon

Just out of interest, does your skill effect your salvage return?

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
Just out of interest, does your skill effect your salvage return?

Yes the higher your have of the skill the more materials you will gain back.

B

bredo

Thats what i want cleared out. I don't believe you get more materials the higher skill you have. You reach the limit somewhere, and some say its around 750 metalwork. After that you can salvage anything.

C

chretien

AFAIK you can salvage items that would take twice your material skill to make. I have never noticed a variance in the amount of materials salvaged from anything. Any drops in normal zones will only salvage for asterite or worse no matter the AF or DPS of the item, SI drops salvage for the same material as an equivalent crafted item (so Arcanium for af90+ armour for example).

S

sugah

Its just like the stuff you get from DF. Diamond seal stuff is all 90+ AF but gives asterite. Your skill doesn't determine the metal type just whether you can salvage it and how much of the material you'll get.

P

Pin

The material you get back when salvaging is tied to the bonus % of the item (or rather the bonus % of an item is tied to the material the item is made out of), and not the actual AF/DPS/Level of the item.

As for what skill you need. You need enough metalwork/woodwork/clothwork/leatherwork (depending on what it's made out of) skill to make items of that material level in order to salvage for full value. For asterite (most common material for level 40+ 'old world' loot) you'll need about 750 in order to get the maximum return from your salvage.

For arcanium (most high level SI loot) you'll need 950+ skill.

If you don't have enough skill, then you'll either produce a reduced amount of material, or you'll fail to salvage anything from the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom