Sad new pathetic tactic people seem to use in RvR

L

-Light-

Spinning round people hitting them....

People in the know know what I am talking about

Very very sad

L

-Light-

Yup I was owned fair and square just sad tactic thats all reminds me of Counter Strike too much

But I am just heading back to gank revenge :)

K

Karam_gruul

HAAAAAAA

have u been reading my latest post or something!? thats MY tactic dammit i invented it.

L

-Light-

Well its nothing Stick can't solve u sad fuck Karam

A Salute to the three hibs who ganked me Cancer, Blucia and Zellder

L

Lessurl

If you mean strafing round someone hitting them i tried that on a mob with my alt hero. Missed a few times with message like u miss bcos u r strafing (not that exactly but that's what it meant :p ). So the person doing it is missing u a bit more than they would, u just have to keep yourself lined up to them. Plus does /stick not keep u facing them anyway? Or can they strafe faster then it can keep up? Not played a melee class that much and not at all in rvr so i don't really know.

/edit
Ok, i see u somehow preempted my post and answered my question. So stick does fix it plus they miss more, u win next time they try it then.

L

-Light-

Not sure but I know u can't spin as fast as they strafe or at least in my 3 experiences u can't

If u stick u usually stay on them even if they spin round, did it with a skald earlier today

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by -Light-
Well its nothing Stick can't solve u sad fuck Karam

lol, didnt work too well for you did it?

L

-Light-

Thats cause I didn't stick

Twat

Can't mids or hibs take him? Like take his character away or summin

Hes funny but sometimes hes just plain irritating

K

K0nah

I've been doing since beta when the need arises. You often get the "You were strafing in combat and miss!" message but it can buy u a couple seconds to finish someone off if ur being ganked.
And missing one hit now n then isnt a big deal for a merc anyway ;)

W

Wuren

yeah you should take lessons from Karam, he can keep himself from hitting for 40 sec. I bet he has a whole bunch of other tricks he uses in RvR we n00bs can only dream about.

B

Blue Ix

Its suposed to be done with fast weapons, kid.

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
HAAAAAAA

have u been reading my latest post or something!? thats MY tactic dammit i invented it.

O

old.Talivar

why is it sad????? is stealth and mez a more honorable way then?

L

-Light-

It is my opinion its not a statement

Don't cry pls

C

Cloak_

LoL then learn to play properly then -Light-..
If u cant handle some1 strafing u then get em mezzed ;P

I did this tactic to Bee when i was only lvl 39 (Bee was red) stupid idiot never hit me once :p (shame the DD`s did lol)

L

-Light-

God its just my opinion does everyone have to start bullying me and getting all mallicious :(

I accept it and change my style to adapt am I not allowed to think its sad?

Or do I have to get permission from someone?

C

Cloak_

Its a button in the game just for that purpose,, so why is it sad?

Explain urself man! :p

and wow u didnt try to flame me gj hehe

L

-Light-

Its sad because its making use of a bug in the game
Lets see how u react to that

B

Blue Ix

That's bullshit, it's just like how a more agile person evades their opponents' attacks. It's a part of the game, and people who use fast weapons benefit from it just like people who use slow weapons benefit from the first hit in a fight beeing "instant".

Its sad because its making use of a bug in the game
Lets see how u react to that

L

-Light-

It was a joke!

To get a reaction jesus christ what is wrong with you people

Its my OPINION!

Do people not understand that?

B

Blue Ix

You're saying you want people to react, then when people react you go nuts - Ok(?).

It was a joke!

Its my OPINION!

K

Karam_gruul

It was a joke!

Its my OPINION!

your opinion is rubbish then.

and whoever said its for faster weapons, hush noob.

L

-Light-

I was referring to the aggressive reaction not an amicable one

K

Karam_gruul

I was referring to the aggressive reaction not an amicable one

what do you expect!? you come on here and post a thread saying that its a lame tactic, and fact of the matter is 90% of the games population uses it, so people are bound to take offense ;)

L

-Light-

Still doesn't require people to be abusive

There is such a thing as a constructive placid discussion Karam

So what ur saying is that if anyone posts anything that someone disagrees with then it is fair game to be abusive and threatening

Essentially ur allowed to bully them into changing their point of view to fit with your own?

Am I right?

K

Kagato.

Only seen this used a few times myself personally, some silly little lurikeen and a kobald have tried it on me before, to be honest though I was just left wondering why on earth they were bothering, it didn't seem to help them at all, I still won and non of my attacks missed or if they did it certainly didn't appear to be due to this silly circle strafing as my /stick kept them almost squarely in front of me all the time.

Does it really help any, and would it still work with much slower weapons? Personally i'd of thought the risk of missing due to the strafing in combat would be more of a disadvantage.

Its not something i'd bother with myself as im happy just /sticking and slugging it out till the end, but for the sake of complete gaming knowledge and tactics a full explanation on using/avoiding this tactic would be nice.

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread