Rwaaaarrrghhh!!

A

Arnor

Cant...connect...to...daoc....game...drops...to...windows....after...displaying...v1.52...loading....

Nobody goes cold turkey on one night! NOBODY!!

<shaking>

but seriously, anyone else having this problem?

daoc was working fine when I played it right before i went to bed, but when I woke up, NO DAOC!!!1 :(

O

old.tRoG

<starts shaking>

Nurse! Nuuurse!!!!

ORANGE PILLS!!!157^!!!!!7!!11

O

old.LandShark

Use that good old "i haven't got a clue" fallback - reinstall and repatch DAoC...
also, erm, I hate to ask but are you using DAoX? My friend found his just froze or dumped to desktop with a certain version of daox. Though I've never had the prob myself.

A

Arnor

njet ich have null daox

russian, german, english, norwegian ^^

S

Sarnat

I guess you tried rebooting? ;)

There is a file called error.txt or something in camelot directory... try that.

I

inqy

I had this once, can't remember exact fix but....

First try logging in with "No thanks" in the quick list thing. Connect to your server direct then select player.

If that fails, try deleting all your ini files and your player.dat file (or backing em up, deleting, then copying your ini's back after). The files will be re-created when you log back in, clearing most problems. Also clears quickbars, window locs, settings, blah, blah (which is why I'd backup your char ini files)

Good luck.

F

Flimgoblin

which server were you trying to get onto?

Camlann? or Excalibur?

A

Arnor

both servers, and I tried reinstalling, no luck :(

and Internet Exlporar is fucking up shit too, format-time I guess

G

Gerta Ugbash

I got same trouble last night. I had been out battling in Emain, died, released and needed to relog to get rid of the Gfx Lag. I hit quit by mistake (Doh!) but then it just kept dumping me to desktop after loading 1.52 screen, instead of loading up :(

I'll try again tonight, failing that, time to back up the MP3's and nuke the HDD.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Did you get the "Connecting to server" message then nothing happened?

I

inqy

have you tried what I suggested above?? this is the exact problem I had, which was sorted by doing as I said.

Reinstalling does jack if you do it over the top, as all your inis remain in tact.

A

Arnor

Did you get the "Connecting to server" message then nothing happened?

nope, just when its done loading v1.52 it drops

and will try a fresh clean install now in another dir :)

A

Arnor

GODDAMNIT!!! IT ISNT WORKING!!

ggaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

I need my fix man!

D

dakeyras

Similar thing happened to me on Sunday on my second PC which has a crappy old TNT gfx card.

Upgraded the gfx drivers, deleted user.dat, restarted and problem was resolved.

Z

Zagantia

Arnor, you say Internet Explorer isnt working either.

Perhaps its a comms or firewall problem? Have you tried to ping the game servers? Tried it with firewall switched off?

D

Damon_D

First thing to do is just turn of your computer , and then turn it on again , will work 9 out of 10 times , if that dossent work its re-install time... copying a backup of the daoc folder wont do the trick , its a system file or a reg-thingy who has gone lala..trust me I tried it a few times.

Oye just saw that re-install dossent seem to work for you...you sure you have deleted the folder and files in it completely..you can save yuo shortbar settings and such , but copy them to somewhere ell's.noting must be left of the old install, if that dossent help.. well there is allways format....

O

old.Xarr

i'm arnors roomate and he's plenty pissed off right now :D

he's tried about everything... i think format c: is next ^^

... and we're supposed to be computer engineers-in-training pffff :D

R

Ragnarok1978

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i'm arnors roomate and he's plenty pissed off right now :D

he's tried about everything... i think format c: is next ^^

... and we're supposed to be computer engineers-in-training pffff :D

I'm starting to wonder if it was actually a good thing that a french firm released DAoC-EU, and not a norwegian one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom