RW cd's/dvds no longer been read

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
None of my cd's or dvds can be read any longer always says it a blank disc - This is on all 3 pc's. I know its down to some crappy windows update but don't know which one.

I know its windows because on one machine i formatted off new put new sys on and bingo reads all the discs -- Then do the windows updates and waaahhhh says all discs are blank again.

None of the software is illegal its all my files that have been backed up.

Anybody know any idea what update is causing it ?

Had it happen couple years ago but i cant be bothered putting new sys on again and doing updates 1 by 1 to find out which it is (If any clever person out there knows the answer).

Thanks in advance guys.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
None of my cd's or dvds can be read any longer always says it a blank disc - This is on all 3 pc's. I know its down to some crappy windows update but don't know which one.

I know its windows because on one machine i formatted off new put new sys on and bingo reads all the discs -- Then do the windows updates and waaahhhh says all discs are blank again.

None of the software is illegal its all my files that have been backed up.

Anybody know any idea what update is causing it ?

Had it happen couple years ago but i cant be bothered putting new sys on again and doing updates 1 by 1 to find out which it is (If any clever person out there knows the answer).

Thanks in advance guys.

Try driver updates for the drives, if the new ones don't work, revert to the old ones :)

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
Try driver updates for the drives, if the new ones don't work, revert to the old ones :)

hehe Thanks immy but I'm a bit more savvy than that :) do all the usual with drivers and roll backs etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom