Rvr

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Lovery said:
Albion has the same old problem, there is 2 different opinion about rvr:

1- I am so uber to play with random players, if my group fixed is not online i prefer log and wait till tomorrow for my rps easy.

2- I am random player, how im gonna form a decent group if i dont know any cleric available? Is better being lfg and nobody invite me as they thinking same as me. Better move solo till someone offer group to me.

The high RR albs move to wow, only 4-5 groups show up by rvr and they prefer do his way as they dont like "being leeched by crap albs". If they outnumbered then call for zerg till situation is under control.

For those that find so easy "full a balanced group and go out to enjoy the farm" i must say is a bit difficult if u are not in a rvr guild, or u are not rr7+ , or u dont have some "name or fame", or u are not using "external arties". Is obvious people dont like move out to die always. I assume i have not been active on rvr, then people dont know me, then people dont group me, then i get pissed and bored, then i log or play other char, then albion is missing me.... And is not me, think about what happen if more and more peeps feel the same at time...

TBH, most of what you state is true, with one or two exceptions.

What is the point in running a non balanced group?

Most gg's play that way because they have forged friendships in game. If you want to be part of an active guild, make the effort and get yourself known.

Do as Flim does. Take the initiative and make your own group.

I can never recall ever calling for " the zerg" and where possible our guild will endevour to find its own fights.

A lot of the high RR players, play in fixed grps/guild groups because they use voice comms and enjoy each others playstyle and humour.

If you play regularly you will become known and thus invited, on occasion, to run in gg setups if there is a need for your particular class.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
to elbeek=
i wonder, from your point of view, what are the NOT needed classes?

Faya

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
I for my self have to admit that i don't play much RvR thies days :(

My main guild is kinda down to 10% ppl :/ and i only really enjoyed RvR with them... i hate pick-up grps, mainly cause i have seen what good, balanced, well played grps can do... :wub:

i really hope to C som of the good players who left for WOW returning soon :touch:

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Faya said:
to elbeek=

Faya

If we need a cleric we ask a cleric. Not hard to understand is it?

We also never invite any of the known " whiners" ;)

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Lovery said:
I assume u in a professional rvr guild Kcinimodus? I am not telling how to play the peeps, im just giving a explication why albs "seem crap" but ofc u cant feel that as u got probably uber rvr group with FOTM classes, 2 clerics , plenty of arties, and hibs/mids always die in ur hands... Sadly Albion got only 4-5 groups similar as u have... If u think is my imagination try to talk with the 90% of the server. Dont offense :p

Yes I'm in a 'professional' rvr guild now, but that doesn't mean I allways have. I also stood at atk for hours waiting for a group. Like others said, make yourself known and you will get groups. There's guilds, alliances, ML raids, xp groups, keepraids, etc. all of which can be used to get to know people and let people know you. You make it sound like daoc is a single player game untill the 'end game' rvr. That's WoW you're talking about :p.

I just don't like people generalizing the rvr minded peeps, we're not that bad people :p.

Marc

FH is my second home
Faya said:
to elbeek=

Faya

what he means is. Say for instance we only have 7 guildies online and we need say, a sorc. We will look for a sorc we know is competent and ask them if they would like to group until a guild sorc logs on. If it was down to me, no one would be invited unless they can join our TS server but thats just me:)

Marc

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
I don't really agree--PvE does not really teach you how to play your character properly in RvR, only RvR will do that. Yes, as a player, you will be pretty unprepared for playing a freshly PLed character. However, most people do have the necessary basic DAoC skills by now (at least all good players do), and should be able to pick up the bare bones of most classes after a few hours in RvR.

hmmm true. I just have memories of pick up groups at the old atk, playing with people who didnt have a clue. We would ask them if it was their brothers char or sommat, as tho they had never played the game before, but they would just say "no, ive just recently PLd it to 50". Im talking about basic stuff belo, like wondering why they arent werent using styles, only to find out they didnt know a particular style was a follow up. They just spammed it cos it was the 50 slash style so must of been good lol.

Sparkimus

Fledgling Freddie
Imo the only way us n00b (me for definate) non solo players are going to get any better at RvR is if we get into groups whether this means with experienced players or not. and it's true if no-one invites you, see who else is looking for a group and invite them, whoever it is.

Whether it's a balanced group or not you're still going to learn something, and hey, might even have some fun along the way. :clap:

Because at the end of the day that's what it should be about, having fun.

(and helping the realm ofc) :flame:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think elitism is an excuse anymore, the l33t attitude is virtually dead now (in no way related to fc's inactivity of late, honest!) compared to the prime of OF a year ago.

Seriously, Albion has more random groups out now then so called 'fixed' groups or perfect groups. And most pure rvr guilds are dead or only half heartedly still running now, I don't personally see that much l33t attitude still around now.

As for Albion, its true theres not many leaders about now but its hardly suprising theres few 'old timers' around still and people only tend to listen to 'known' names. And often the people who could lead or know what they are doing just can't be bothered with it anymore after 3 years of this bullshit already, specially when they know the chances are half the people wont listen or will run off at the first sign of a crossed swords elsewhere.

How often have you been in a CG and struggled like hell to pull a tower back from the enemies grip only for some idiot to yell 'LETS GO TO HIB FOR REVENEGE 11!!1!1' before the towers even claimed and 3 more home towers still in enemy hands?

The only way to make any serious change is for guilds that are still concerned to adopt some responsbility and reconfirm inter guild and inter alliance communications, a few simple steps will improve things.

Appoint rvr officers and people with the duty of keeping communication between alliance.

Check duskwave, are you familier with each current alliance and is your guild allied? Could the guilds in your alliance all fit into an existing bigger alliance?

Who's in charge of your alliance? do they have contact with the others?

Do we still have a secure message board for all albion guilds and alliances and is it up to date and getting as much use as it used too? If not why not?

The Realm War map has made people lazy, before Alliances needed to speak to one another to warn of enemy attacks on keeps, that forced people to make a CG for defense at any attack and join it, now no one bothers, they just wait till they see flames and zerg there uncordinated. That has to change if you want to win still.

We have to force alliances to become organised again and open communication both in game and in secure forums, with that communication leaders will start emerging again for more organised raids.

ok I need a cup of tea now, have fun...

Marc

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
I don't think elitism is an excuse anymore, the l33t attitude is virtually dead now (in no way related to fc's inactivity of late, honest!) compared to the prime of OF a year ago.

Seriously, Albion has more random groups out now then so called 'fixed' groups or perfect groups. And most pure rvr guilds are dead or only half heartedly still running now, I don't personally see that much l33t attitude still around now.

As for Albion, its true theres not many leaders about now but its hardly suprising theres few 'old timers' around still and people only tend to listen to 'known' names. And often the people who could lead or know what they are doing just can't be bothered with it anymore after 3 years of this bullshit already, specially when they know the chances are half the people wont listen or will run off at the first sign of a crossed swords elsewhere.

How often have you been in a CG and struggled like hell to pull a tower back from the enemies grip only for some idiot to yell 'LETS GO TO HIB FOR REVENEGE 11!!1!1' before the towers even claimed and 3 more home towers still in enemy hands?

The only way to make any serious change is for guilds that are still concerned to adopt some responsbility and reconfirm inter guild and inter alliance communications, a few simple steps will improve things.

Appoint rvr officers and people with the duty of keeping communication between alliance.

Check duskwave, are you familier with each current alliance and is your guild allied? Could the guilds in your alliance all fit into an existing bigger alliance?

Who's in charge of your alliance? do they have contact with the others?

Do we still have a secure message board for all albion guilds and alliances and is it up to date and getting as much use as it used too? If not why not?

The Realm War map has made people lazy, before Alliances needed to speak to one another to warn of enemy attacks on keeps, that forced people to make a CG for defense at any attack and join it, now no one bothers, they just wait till they see flames and zerg there uncordinated. That has to change if you want to win still.

We have to force alliances to become organised again and open communication both in game and in secure forums, with that communication leaders will start emerging again for more organised raids.

ok I need a cup of tea now, have fun...

Nice post Kag. spot on :)

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
We have some nice discutions going on, I like that :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Well why dont we take a look at some of the alliences from albion... tbh i dont see a day go by without noticing a new guild name above someone head made the night before, though id say 15% of these guilds are personal things <like 2 people in a named guild to boost someones ego>. When u look at some of the guilds alliences, some are tiny, these guys while new <or old in some cases since people buggered off to WoW> have a small percentage of allience to communicate between. These people will lose out on RvR a hell of a lot and events bcoz the communciation cant get through to them in time.

The problem is ofc, not everyone wants to say.. join Shadowlords allience and be forced to do things like keep allience chat to RvR , and some people made these personal guilds to be inependant and make a name for themselves and fair do's, if thats what they want thats ok. But bigger alliences shuld maybe look to merge together some of the smaller guilds into themselves , find out the GM's and discuss it with some maybe.

Ofc this also unfourtunatly leads to another problem for some though. The more alliences informed of RvR events means more people show up and less RP for you <QQ> but thats as stated b4 not the way it shuld be, maybe u need a PBT therg for a certain arti or grp, or say a FoP cleric. The more alliences together the upped %chance of getting things done.

Its not as easy as it sounds ofc to do this, but maybe just maybe merging some alliences up, especially with the decline in playerbase maybe the way forward now :(

Oh and the comment about the relics a while back, i dont think u have to worry there as once the mid power relic gets taken back i doubt any realm will bother with the effort to take 3 keeps , hold them and steal the relics only for them to be taken back a few days later from the normal keep

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
Well The problem is ofc, not everyone wants to say.. join Shadowlords allience and be forced to do things like keep allience chat to RvR

well Shadowlords allience is big , if they had no rules it would be a mass spam wich is verry annoying.

yes ofc sometimes its fun talking to eachother over allience chat like we had in the HB allience was like only 3 guilds ( gol, hb & bf ) in allience and was pretty often spammed with not related RvR stuff (mostly it was me or jergiot spamming the shit on as :D ) BUT it was ok cus it was a small allience and secondly cus the people knew when there was to much spam and then they/we stopped with the spam or some other ppl said something about it :D

but with such a big allience as Shadowlords or any other big allience like FoM / CF allience u really want rules cus it would be filled with spam every 1min wich is annoying if ur doing something and also i'm sure that sometimes someone says something funny or not related stuff in a big allience.

btw i was also in shadowlords allience so i know what the rules are and never had probs with it and 'now' i'm in CF allience and i said like 1 line in 3/4 months on allience chat so i really dont see the point of being forced into something i just find it normal that in a big allience u dont spam shit around every 1min

and to the ppl whining about groups , make ur own groups its not that hard , instead of standing at a PK for hours and yelling u need group and if u want a proper group and dont know what classes to invite just take a look at ur own rvr guilds and see what groups they are running? ;p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
well Shadowlords allience is big , if they had no rules it would be a mass spam wich is verry annoying.

yes ofc sometimes its fun talking to eachother over allience chat like we had in the HB allience was like only 3 guilds ( gol, hb & bf ) in allience and was pretty often spammed with not related RvR stuff (mostly it was me or jergiot spamming the shit on as :D ) BUT it was ok cus it was a small allience and secondly cus the people knew when there was to much spam and then they/we stopped with the spam or some other ppl said something about it :D

but with such a big allience as Shadowlords or any other big allience like FoM / CF allience u really want rules cus it would be filled with spam every 1min wich is annoying if ur doing something and also i'm sure that sometimes someone says something funny or not related stuff in a big allience.

btw i was also in shadowlords allience so i know what the rules are and never had probs with it and 'now' i'm in CF allience and i said like 1 line in 3/4 months on allience chat so i really dont see the point of being forced into something i just find it normal that in a big allience u dont spam shit around every 1min

and to the ppl whining about groups , make ur own groups its not that hard , instead of standing at a PK for hours and yelling u need group and if u want a proper group and dont know what classes to invite just take a look at ur own rvr guilds and see what groups they are running? ;p

I never meant there is anything wrong wit the SS allience rules, im in the SS allience myself on my Main, i was merely saying that not everyone would want to play by them rules. SS are a nice guild and have helped me out before with stuff :)

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
Well i heard that on SS alliance, there are much more things said about rvr status, more details etc then on fellowship alliance.

Merging alliances would be nice, but it would give too much spam problems imo.
Btw if u need a certain class for pve purposes, pm someone from SS, they have always been kind to me to do that :).

If u need some rvr messages, I can only hope that people join more the rvr-cg's and the rvr-bg's.
Because sometimes there are like 18 people in the cg when we are under heavy attack while you see a zerg of 50 albs, that's the most sad thing imo in alb rvr :s

mazdaline

Fledgling Freddie
lol albs suck at rvr?? i think they are very good in rvr they really know how to play their chars very well unlike most mids

midgard have a lot of losses due to wow and albs have still way larger numbers
then we have so i dont think u guys do that bad tbh :worthy:

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Tip of the Day:
Roll a Cleric, that way u know that ur grp will always have atleast 1 :clap:

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
lo guys,

iv bin away from DAOC for a couple of months, been playing WoW but not really enjoying it much :mad: . I played a 50 sorc TOAed and RR4 and was wondering if any friendly rvr guild are recruiting?

thx for time, azurus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom