Rvr...

Swebully

Fledgling Freddie
Do you albs ever leave your keep without ur 3fg+ backup?..

all ive seen the last couple of days in emain is alot off albs at the apk
and when you finally move its like 4fg+ groups?...

i join a random rvr group...run around for a while..end up at apk with the other random groups and stare at you guys for a while..run away
and then /release...coz you finally got the strength to feel secure enough to take us out without any casualties..

bring forth alb random groups (8 people) and let the fighting begin..

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
I heard rumours about the vast amount of mids camping APK had something to do with the albs not leaving it ... :)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Swebully said:

i join a random rvr group...run around for a while..end up at apk with the other random groups and stare at you guys for a while..run away
and then /release...coz you finally got the strength to feel secure enough to take us out without any casualties..

Says a mid, who camps MPK with even more, haha. Sad threads there are.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:
Your wish will be granted soon. 8]]]
Cool got space for an up and coming merc ;p when subs are up atleast ;p

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Should rvr at night more imo.

Gets nice around 3am UK time, where it's down to 1fg hibs vs 1fg albs. Not balanced on either side, hibs have the upper hand atm, probably due to RRs (rr7 and a few rr5s) but albsies are catching up!

Now if we can get a similar, RANDOM group of mids, it'd be fun :)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
well tbh all sides have been zerging last night :) Hibs were in Emain with a max of 80 people, mids and albs had the numbers to beat them. Still was loads of fun fights as a hib group, thanks to araudrys and malevs groups for the harder fights of the evening ;)

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
We ran around with 8 last night. Died to midzerg 10+ times. We kept coming back. But i can understand if not all do that.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Well regardless of the fact that it was extra zergy last night I think its rare to see albs run fg even after securing amg.

It can be fun with largescale fights but it dosnt take the skill of small-scale fights nor does it give good RPs - you albs sometimes get a couple of guys running fg, like Erodafira did a while, that shows there is some skill in your realm as well...zerging is well...less than impressive.

EDIT!! And yeah the mids have been out in big numbers these last few weeks so I can understand that those getting stuck at apk by lame apk-campers wanna move out with big numbers but even if the mids are alot its often seperate groups that run around. EDIT!!

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
One thing you may want to consider is PE havnt been active recently. pretty much 99% of alb groups have been random pick up groups. A mid/hib random pick up group still has some semblance of balance (10am mid grps still manage 3seers 3savages and possibly a couple of sm) and the albs get wiped every time.

This doesnt change over the day and it comes down to a choice of, sit at apk and wait for enough albs or some good enough groups to come out to play for our side or log. Some log, some camp apk, only gets worse from then on as anyone logging on goes for a run out of apk and run into mids 'camping' it due to them not finding anything else to kill. So they go fuck this and camp apk too :p

I know ive tried a few runs last couple of days, tried one group, was lunchtime on a weekday and died to a pretty perfect group (including some high rr's), most times when I run out just die before im even half way to amg. Can hardly blame me if id rather camp apk and let you come to me and get some rps then run out, die, run out, die, run out ...

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Was surprised to see the number of old school Mids camping APKE generally when they profess to like proper RvR and should know better.

Only way out for most is zerg, so be careful what you wish for all those happy campers.

We've all been down this road before. Camping a PK or MG leads to zergs and then zerg whines.

Up to each how they want to play of course, but it does make me chuckle to see the cycle repeating itself.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Swebully said:

why don't you just FO camping apk then?

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
We ran around with 8 last night. Died to midzerg 10+ times. We kept coming back. But i can understand if not all do that.
Yep, and a :clap: for all the hibs/albs who did. But i wouldnt say that mids zerged, though very often 2 or more groups "happend" to be at the same place at the same time. Call it zerging if you want, i call it lack of enemies.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
One thing you may want to consider is PE havnt been active recently.

Sad state of a realm in general when 1 guild 'makes' up for the general RvR-population (domination?) for that realm...

I do not know why Albs dont run out at all. Their enemies aint thát superior you wouldnt run out. Albs still have the major force when it comes to numbers in the end.

I mean if you think you dont stand a chance fg vs fg versus 'anything' in Emain then run 2fg instead of 0fg ?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Sad state of a realm in general when 1 guild 'makes' up for the general RvR-population (domination?) for that realm...

I do not know why Albs dont run out at all. Their enemies aint thát superior you wouldnt run out. Albs still have the major force when it comes to numbers in the end.

I mean if you think you dont stand a chance fg vs fg versus 'anything' in Emain then run 2fg instead of 0fg ?
unfortunatly thats how it is. And isnt that what this whine is about? Albs not being in farmable 1fgs :p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Should rvr at night more imo.

Gets nice around 3am UK time, where it's down to 1fg hibs vs 1fg albs. Not balanced on either side, hibs have the upper hand atm, probably due to RRs (rr7 and a few rr5s) but albsies are catching up!

Now if we can get a similar, RANDOM group of mids, it'd be fun :)

been trying last few nights to get a mid group up....but it hasnt happen due to being 2fgs+ hibs out...so therefore all mids log...which means everytime i try and solo...i get steamrolled

Btw forgot to say thanks for the other night was nice of you to let me pass without steamrolling...very rare that happens

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

I went on Camelot Seer to try and get some numbers. Here's the population stats for Prydwen, lvl 50 players active last week who made at least 2kRPs (as to filter most bots, although I had a quick look at the top 100 clerics last week, and #50 is a buffbot in my guild with 4000+ RPs, no doubt there are others ...)

http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler...000&lastOn=Recently,3_Days,7_Days&classID=all

1 Healer 92 6.36%
2 Paladin 80 5.53%
3 Shadowblade 74 5.11%
4 Cleric 70 4.84%
5 Shaman 67 4.63%
6 Infiltrator 66 4.56%
7 Minstrel 61 4.22%
8 Skald 57 3.94%
9 Scout 54 3.73%
10 Spiritmaster 53 3.66%
11 Druid 52 3.59%
12 Hunter 51 3.52%
13 Warrior 44 3.04%
14 Enchanter 44 3.04%
15 Mercenary 43 2.97%
16 Sorcerer 41 2.83%
17 Berserker 35 2.42%
18 Savage 35 2.42%
19 Bard 33 2.28%
20 Runemaster 33 2.28%
21 Nightshade 30 2.07%
22 Hero 28 1.94%
23 Eldritch 28 1.94%
24 Armsman 26 1.80%
25 Theurgist 25 1.73%
26 Ranger 25 1.73%
27 Thane 24 1.66%
28 Warden 24 1.66%
29 Blademaster 20 1.38%
30 Reaver 20 1.38%
31 Necromancer 20 1.38%
32 Friar 19 1.31%
33 Bonedancer 19 1.31%
34 Wizard 18 1.24%
35 Cabalist 14 0.97%
36 Champion 7 0.48%
37 Animist 7 0.48%
38 Mentalist 6 0.41%
39 Valewalker 2 0.14%

Now for more interesting numbers, I removed stealthers, hibs (not really the topic here), and 50% of the minstrels (which I assume is roughly how many are into the 'stealther' war and not to be seen by regular groups). I also splitted the table to show population repartition in Midgard and Albion. The last number is how many of each class you can expect in a group on average (ie, there's 20% healers, *8 = 1.6 healers a group).

1 Healer 92 1.60
2 Shaman 67 1.16
3 Skald 57 0.99
4 Spiritmaster 53 0.92
5 Warrior 44 0.76
6 Savage 35 0.61
7 Berserker 35 0.61
8 Runemaster 33 0.57
9 Thane 24 0.41
10 Bonedancer 19 0.33
Total 459

1 Paladin 80 1.57
2 Cleric 70 1.37
3 Mercenary 43 0.84
4 Sorcerer 41 0.80
5 Minstrel 30 0.59
6 Armsman 26 0.51
7 Theurgist 25 0.49
8 Reaver 20 0.39
9 Necromancer 20 0.39
10 Friar 19 0.37
11 Wizard 18 0.35
12 Cabalist 14 0.27
Total 406

A few things :

- Albion doesn't have a population advantage on Prydwen, give us a break with the U.S. whines about population.
- The number of clerics and shamans are likely slightly inflated still due to buffbots.

Highlights :

1,6 healers per group vs 1.37 clerics per group (minus whatever buffbots remained) and 0.80 sorcerers.
0.99 skald a group vs 0.59 minstrels (with my assumption that 50% minstrels aren't available for pickup, which seeing all the pickup groups without speed or just sorc/theu speed probably isn't a bad one).
1.98 det tanks a group in midgard vs 1.35 in Albion
1.16 shaman a group (minus whatever buffbot remained) vs 1.57 pallies (ie, way too many).

You do what you want with those numbers, I think it's quite obvious why your average Albion group sucks.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
can i just get the resion for this forum, 2fgs of mids camp APK and then complain that at least 2fg+1 albs killed you?

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
You can´t really remove stealthers from the statistics, since they add a lot on fg vs fg fights. And in pure zerg fights they are gonna matter. It´s not like a scout/ranger shouting you for 200-300 with rf doesn´t make a diffrence in a fight.

Problem with albs in general is that there hasn´t been many ggs out lately, just loads of random people. In many of thoose groups they have crap sorcs and crap setup so they just end up getting steam rolled even when they run 2fg.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie

well i think alot of albs decided to take a break when toa came out or play more casualy. I know i had break for a while and/or decided to make alts. I know i took big break and im finding it relativly hrd to sort out a template nd get going so now im making an alt ;) I also know that alot of the people i used to group with arnt active in rvr atm not because they are scared of overpowered groups but they need to make themselves tip top before they wana rvr again.

Mebbie its just albs are genraly bit behind on sorting their stuff out so they are opted and ready to go out again. Thid is busy!!!! :clap:

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Azurat said:
You can´t really remove stealthers from the statistics, since they add a lot on fg vs fg fights. And in pure zerg fights they are gonna matter.

Ok, but I was trying to get numbers that would be somewhat meaningful about group setups, so ...

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Well i was assuming you answeared to puppets quote, which basicly said that albs still have the numbers, althgouh many are stealthers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom