RvR!

T

Tilda

well, this si a copy and past from VN boards, but imo people should read it:

"Mids inc!"

Minstrel pops SOS *BEFORE* combat begins. If you're mezzed and SOS'd, you're worthless because you can't do shit. Pop SOS beforehand and Sorc can toy with Range/kiting to land mezzes. If the Healers purge: EVERY tank needs to assist to kill the Healer. These tanks cannot be peeled and the Healer is pretty much dead.

If the group has two healers, hell might as well keep the other one busy too. Clerics shouldn't be popping BOF until *AFTER* SoS wears off. If you can't stay alive with SOS active, you're an idiot and need to learn how to kite. Keep in mind there is no nuking involved on Mid's part, since you're facing a melee group here - so not getting hit should never be a problem. Ok so Healers are dead because of SOS, Mid group is down to 6. Time to pop BOF so you can drop everything else without the Savages/Zerkers getting in your way.

Keep in mind that Healers do not have determination and an AE mez landed by the Sorc will last for a majority of the delved duration. People are just idiots and don't realize that, think they land mez and drop Healer next. In a group consisting of: 2 Healers, 1 Shaman, 1 Skald, 4 Sav/Zerks -- you should be dropping the Sav/Zerks with ASSISTING because they're the only ones with Det. If a purge goes off or, mez duration wears out - switch targets to healers. And no this isn't too complicated to do, because I currently play with that strategy and we make good use of it. Keep in mind you *CAN* pan while in combat. Just because you're attacking a person doesn't mean you can't stop attacking them and switch to someone else more vital to their group.

Tilda

A

Aule Valar

prehaps we should have regulary demonstrations in sauvage of what purge looks like...

and good advice that

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I was in a 2fg zergy type thing (actually, it wasn't meant to be a zerg but a FG followed us from APK where we got ambushed) that got pounded by a FG of Nolby Pride. Most of the people in my group were very experienced RvRers ('cept me of course) but even so, a lot of them didn't even notice the two healers making sure that no matter how much damage we all did to Soruzi and the others they never quite died. It took me a while to notice those two happy little dwarves doing that casty thing that had similar effects to clerics...it was about the same time that I noticed Soruzi's health bar going up despite the fact there were 3 people hitting him and I was AF debuffing him and power tapping him. D'oh.

Ah well, live and learn. Maybe I will remember that little lesson the next time there is a full pink moon and I feel a strange urge to go to Emain or Odins.

O

old.Filip

These tanks cannot be peeled and the Healer is pretty much dead.

nice post ... only thing is that tanks dont need to be peeled if they are mezzed and SOS'ed .... they still cant hit the healer ..

Filip
Minser of HB

T

Tilda

sly-o-bump ;)

what was ammusing today was i was stuck to a heal, purge down, SoS on, i was messed. My group are getting hit, and then, all of a sudden, thehealer who was runing turns around and starts hitting me ! :clap: so i killed him ;)

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Tilda
sly-o-bump ;)

what was ammusing today was i was stuck to a heal, purge down, SoS on, i was messed. My group are getting hit, and then, all of a sudden, thehealer who was runing turns around and starts hitting me ! :clap: so i killed him ;)

grats tilda

you....

are a rock star!:cool:

L

leorin

Well ppls dont seem to get this but you can use SoS as an overpowered grp purge. If u fightin hibs and ur messed and SoS been popped. Just run til edge of pbaoe which will cause u take dmg but very low tho almost none if you do it well.
When facin mids just choose a non zerk tank warrior etc to dmg you , or SM if there is any.

T

Tilda

yes, also, aggroing a grey con mob works great, you see ing, u pop a taunt shout or something on a mob, you get messed, the ob breaks the mes. You go and kill.

Tilda

M

moo_work

erm guys you do know that if a mincer uses sos before being mezzed, he can (while mezzed & sosed) cast cure mez (only spell u can cast tho) - bug or something but it works 100%.

Thats what i always did on old mistar, sos then cure everyone i can.

O

old.Filip

WUT moo ??

you sure on that ?? cause i remember my self trying and didnt succed ..

on the other hand purge dont work for me vs snare if this happens

SOS//SNARE//PURGE .. still snared

same with str/con debuff

SOS//DEBUFF//PURGE .. still debuffed ..

Filip
Minser of HB

M

moo_work

well cant say in 1.60 tbh, but since sos was in till 1.58 (when i last had my minstrel at 50)

you could do it all the time, i did it many many many times no problem. Mezzed in sos, no problems casting mez cure (first on myself ofc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom