RvR was awesome tonight

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Already been shot down repeatedly for saying this and admittedly the RvR was very zergy etc. etc. etc. QQ whorelocks and such. However, I have to say that the massive on-going battles and chance to not get wiped by Opt'd Hib fg was quite enjoyable and I had a great time. Was it good for you too? >.<

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Grund said:
enjoyed by what? 20rp per kill?? no thx

The level of fun is a direct function of the amount of RP you get? Boring for you then I guess. Even it it was what some sneer at as "zergy" I found it fun and action packed.

/Otho

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Our group setup was-

Sorc
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Ice wizzard
Reaver

melee groups owned us :(

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Yeaaa get boat to alb jump and off we go after 2mins fg on horizon we start fighting in next 10-15sec we got 3fg+ on us, other scenario is landing on 3fg+ directly. If this is fun for u ok let it be, but dont say what should be 'fun' for me ok??

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Grund said:
Yeaaa get boat to alb jump and off we go after 2mins fg on horizon we start fighting in next 10-15sec we got 3fg+ on us, other scenario is landing on 3fg+ directly. If this is fun for u ok let it be, but dont say what should be 'fun' for me ok??

You need to relax a bit, you seem stressed.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Grund said:

hibs could just port eras tho?

had 3 realms able to port to 3 keeps in hw. It owned till one realm decided pve'ing was better and went tower taking.

I dont give a shit if its 1k rps/kill or 20rps/kill, if theres stuff to kill its fun. If its dead .. heres a shocker for you, it isnt fun.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
My last run was ended just after we got eras
Otho said:
You need to relax a bit, you seem stressed.
Im sorry but u r wrong :) Just answered question that BlackrazoR asked, and then i got reply that i should have fun, just becouse it was fun for some guy that bothered to post worthless reply... pathetic

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I had a fun night, yes it was very busy ... but this is what it will be like if/when we join with Excal.

But it was good to see a number of mid groups running.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
Rp-centric view of the world..the youth of today eh? :wanker:
OMG another half-brained kid that doesnt understand tha some ppl CAN have other goals when playing DAoC actually... :wanker:
BlackrazoR said:
Rp-centric view of the world..the youth of today eh? :wanker:
lol how long u have been playing this game?? or u r talking about RL age?

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I don't care about the whine, I had a blast...

Long may Monday night chaos continue :)

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
Was top stuff until pvebernia threw their toys out the pram.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Brilliant rvr all night tbh - we zerged a bit and got zerged after a few runs as a solo fg, did a few 2fg runs with RF after mids/hibs started running 2fg on stick for a while, then wandered off again on our lonesome...great fun though.

All in all tonight i think we did bloody well vs the zerg for a semi-regular group - WP all my lot and tyvm for some very nice fights mids/hibs...

My personal favourite was the 30 minute battle below benowyc t3 on the slope - back and forth etc after the hibs took it, clerics and casters OOP most of it and we were a caster-base group :fluffle:

Think the only group that handed us our ass on a plate every time was Mael - be interesting to see how you guys fare against the alb excali groups after any cluster happens and v.v for us etc... :drink:

I think the few-precata months of hibs being largely the only opted groups out has done us a lot of good as a server and forcing us to raise the standard of our rvr, then the mids follow suite, hibs raise the bar again, we come up to par, etc etc.
Does this mean hibs did us a favour in some weird way? ;)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Grund said:
OMG another half-brained kid that doesnt understand tha some ppl CAN have other goals when playing DAoC actually... :wanker:?

Really? Oh..I do apologise I have nothing else to do with my life...Or perhaps I play to have a laugh and RPs imho do not equate to having a laugh.

l
Grund said:
ol how long u have been playing this game?? or u r talking about RL age

Hm..Interesting question..been playing about a year now I think..well I played back a long time ago but then quit and came back to restart about a year ago...But I wasn't talking about E-Age (does that work? e.g. E-Penis etc.) or RL age..It was a joke :eek6:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
i wasn't playing tonight, and i think mael not out, so ofc other people did okay :x
this has been an arrogant message produced by beer, but nontheless true

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Your beer hasn't learnt the correct use of capital letters. Send it back to school.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Grund said:
My last run was ended just after we got eras

Im sorry but u r wrong :) Just answered question that BlackrazoR asked, and then i got reply that i should have fun, just becouse it was fun for some guy that bothered to post worthless reply... pathetic

Well, you seemed stressed cause you did not read my reply that carefully. Perhaps you should take a break, you seem to take this game far to serious.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thought rvr was shit today tbh, or compared to yesterday anyway. Got a decent group set up eventually but by then rvr was already past its top ;<

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Waited for all the zergyness (which i dont mind cause it means an active frontier, its just not a place for a solo mentalist to go though) and was just fending of the late night/early morning albs.

Any whos, ta to the albs at eras atm, was a nice bit of fun and provided me my daily dose of rvr /o/

P.s: Stop assisting, that way i can kill you before you kill me :cheers:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
Brilliant rvr all night tbh - we zerged a bit and got zerged after a few runs as a solo fg, did a few 2fg runs with RF after mids/hibs started running 2fg on stick for a while, then wandered off again on our lonesome...great fun though.

All in all tonight i think we did bloody well vs the zerg for a semi-regular group - WP all my lot and tyvm for some very nice fights mids/hibs...

My personal favourite was the 30 minute battle below benowyc t3 on the slope - back and forth etc after the hibs took it, clerics and casters OOP most of it and we were a caster-base group :fluffle:

Yes you guys give us a hard time and the fight on the slopes was really something else. I was on a RR1 drood BB hiding in the tower patching up the troops as they came wandering dazed back up the hill. Also enticing the zerg forward is a good tactic although for some reason last ngiht we managed to stay under control.

I also saw lots of great underwater fights with some Mid groups who really knew what they were at. All in all good sport - not tons of rps for a low level Drood but playing something else for a change was relaxing and enjoyable.

Equally the Alb zerg was scary - I think if they would have known we were down to about 10 people alive cowering on top of the tower when they had the door down..... But then ofc the Mids saved us. Which was nice :)

So :worthy: to the Albs and Mids who stuck at it.

As for the whiners I haven't much time for them TBH you get good and bad nights thats the way it is. Seems they would prefer everyone to play the game FOR them. Well smell the coffee folks you will have your time.

snarf

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
i wasn't playing tonight, and i think mael not out, so ofc other people did okay :x
this has been an arrogant message produced by beer, but nontheless true

Thats the way it is Elen, you guys(mael) get all the credit :) . Seven hardworking Grimnurs and one "roleplaying" Madi.....

Not that it matter much anyway though :)

Oh btw great night!!

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:

I was your friar in the fg runs, and yes it was ace, just falling on mael+3fg or the 4 fg hibs was hard but great group and leadership <hug>

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:

had 3 realms able to port to 3 keeps in hw. It owned till one realm decided pve'ing was better and went tower taking.

At 2100 CET albs were still holding 2 of the Eras towers.
The tower taking BG opened Eras for Hibs. Albs and Mids didn't really care, there was one fight with Albs and Mids while taking one tower, upon wipe/release/sail back it fell without resistance and Graendel was the only Alb to defend the second tower iirc. One group of Mids came to check it out, that was it. So much for the developer's idea of NF. It's not every low RRs idea of fun to be grouped in an unopted group with other low RRs and be slaughtered by the RR8+ with their access to all the nifty RAs on open field near Beno bridge. Even if one can port back to that open field and get slaughtered again.
I for one had a fun night and thank all enemies and allies who participated for the good entertainment.

Merino/Yeyi

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
rofl i had alot of fun last night:))

not really played GG for a long time and got sorta one going last night , we did ok i think for most ppl not playing active but i gotta agree it was fun to see so many ppl out in rvr from all realms

Big credit to all realms for beeing so active in rvr /salute

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom